Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #35
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
I brought it in for warranty for this and the throttle body. The service guy just said "run Premium" I said "it is" they said "run 98 octane" :(
mmm..I would have got them to check the timing to make sure is wasnt out, if timing is advanced you will get pinging, which is why I was aksing if people had all gone to Ford and complained.

also does the pinging happen after the engines have warmed up and are hot, or straight away....if its a hot engine issue cant wait for summer for you guys :gren: ....and if its a hot engine issue maybe you all need to look at how to get some more air through the font to the engine bay?? One of my oder cars used to ping but only after driving for a while and at full acceleration, improvised a cold air dish at the front to help with engine air cooling and re-tuned and the pinging went, I also had to go to 95 Octane fuel as it was a pre-unleaded car...(not that being pre-unleaded is of any comparison here).