Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Default Changes to Calder Park Rules & Opening Times - 11/10/2008

After discussions with entrants last weekend and feedback during this week AMC Calder Park have made some changes to the rules, regs & time for the Spring Summer Street Series and Opening and Closing times for the LOSD's
Changes are as follows...

New Times for LOSD & Street Series

Gates Open 12 noon
Scrutineering 12 noon to 5.00pm approx
Racing Starts 2.00pm
Dinner Break & Seeding 6.00pm to 6.30pm
Street Series Finals 6.30pm to 7.00pm
Racing recommences 7.00pm to 10.00pm (numbers depending)

The next LOSD will be held Sunday October 19th 2008

Round 1 of the Street Series will be November 8th 2008

All fully registered street vehicles with matching number plate and current rego label racing on the day will be eligible to race in the finals.
The fastest 8 fully registered vehicles from the day will be invited to race off in the finals in a DYO format.
The Winner & Runner Up will receive a trophy and price money at each event.
The 8 finalists will receive points towards the end of series "King of the Hill"

King Of The Hill - Street Series - Points System

Eliminated Round 1 = 2 points
Eliminated Round 2 = 4 points
Runner Up = 6 points
Winner = 8 points

Street Series Times

Qualifying 2.00pm to 6.00pm
Finals 6.30pm - 7.00pm
Grudge Racing - 7.00pm to 10.00pm

AMC 9 Second Club - First Members

AMC Calder Park would like to congratulate the 1st members into out 9 Second Club..

Bill Trajkovski - BA XR6T
Carmen Parente - BA XR6T
Dean Caserta - LJ Torana
Frank Ruiz - LJ Torana
Vince Connolo - LJ Torana

Club 9

Keep up to date will all the latest news @ http://www.calderpark.com.au

Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what about the hour or so that the infeild guys had to wait

and are they going to fix the grip issue

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

So now it is a Sunday afternoon/evening. That's a real good idea considering most people have to work Monday morning.

Heathcote here I come.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 11-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Rules me out, Home Monday moring around 1am maybe 12.30am if i get a good run, ahwell time for circuit anyways.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
what about the hour or so that the infeild guys had to wait

and are they going to fix the grip issue

The infield has always been and will always be "1 hour between runs"...

Grip issue is a matter of having the correct tyres and set up for the amount of power you are producing.. its not that hard..
Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
So now it is a Sunday afternoon/evening. That's a real good idea considering most people have to work Monday morning.

Heathcote here I come.

Here we go again... maybe you should check the calendar..

It's getting boring guys
Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #7
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Rules me out, Home Monday moring around 1am maybe 12.30am if i get a good run, ahwell time for circuit anyways.
Another one, check the Calendar, the dates haven't changed...

its here > http://www.calderpark.com.au/losd_calendar.shtml
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #8
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY LS1
The infield has always been and will always be "1 hour between runs"...

Never been 1 hour between runs, do a search I have booked the infield through Carmel Studley more times than I can remember, until around 18 months ago we lined up at anytime and were called through at the Calder Park race control discretion.
Then this system was changed to every 30 mins, sometimes they never managed it on time because of heavy weight of numbers or oil downs.
But the rule was line up every 30 min.

Quote:

It's getting boring guys
If its becoming to much and you take all the criticism personally perhaps you shouldn't bother posting there free adverts in here and stay in the comfort of posting under a sponsor name on another Forum, are you sure Calder are happy to take money from ''slow cars''.
What time would you call slow?

Quote:

AMC 9 Second Club - First Members

AMC Calder Park would like to congratulate the 1st members into out 9 Second Club..

Bill Trajkovski - BA XR6T
Carmen Parente - BA XR6T
I thought this was for street cars only, or is this a separate 9 sec category both these cars had slicks and front runners, 4 link rear ends.

Here is the thread where we discussed the rules.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1230123&page=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Heathcote here I come.
The place is managed better and done with a hand full of people, its the personal thing they understand racing and that's all the customer wants a fair go at racing, family friendly too.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 11-10-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Never been 1 hour between runs, do a search I have booked the infield through Carmel Studley more times than I can remember, until around 18 months ago we lined up at anytime and were called through at the Calder Park race control discretion.
Then this system was changed to every 30 mins, sometimes they never managed it on time because of heavy weight of numbers or oil downs.
But the rule was line up every 30 min..
Well 3 years ago when I was racing from the centre as a comp car it was 1 run per hour on the hour.. I checked with Calder on Monday to confirm after someone from here said it was every 30 minutes, and as I had already been told it is 1 Run per hour... and that is it.. again, im just passing on the info supplied to me

Quote:
If its becoming to much and you take all the criticism personally perhaps you shouldn't bother posting there free adverts in here and stay in the comfort of posting under a sponsor name on another Forum, are you sure Calder are happy to take money from ''slow cars''.
I dont mind criticism at all, what i cant stand is reading crap from people who have a mission to spread a negaitive attitude towards the place, and their followers, you know the ones, they complain every week about everything yet turn up to the next event, and as explained on the other forum the slow cars that were complaining about traction issues, were just that, slow cars.. fact.. not 1 comp car complained about traction.. most of them said it was great, Idris Demaj ran a new PB in the low 8's if there was no traction the fast cars would have had issues.

I post on here to share the info, nothing more, but each time I do it here all I get is negative attitude, allthough I do get a lot of your forum member thanking me via PM, seems a lot of them are a little intimidated to post it in the threads, god knows why, so i'll do you a favour and I won't bother any more.

Cheers
SLY
Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #10
EXR8ED
HO INTERCEPTOR

Quote:
But the rule was line up every 30 min.

I thought this was for street cars only, or is this a separate 9 sec category both these cars had slicks and front runners, 4 link rear ends.

Here is the thread where we discussed the rules.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1230123&page=1

The place is managed better and done with a hand full of people, its the personal thing they understand racing and that's all the customer wants a fair go at racing, family friendly too.
GO SPOOLY!!

Cheers
Glenn
Body and Visual by HO
My Business GutterGuardGuyAluminium Guttermesh Supply & Installation.
OrsmFordCruisers
R.I.P Wayne Draper
Old 11-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #11
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

I dont mind criticism at all, what i cant stand is reading crap from people who have a mission to spread a negaitive attitude towards the place, and their followers, you know the ones, they complain every week about everything yet turn up to the next event, and as explained on the other forum the slow cars that were complaining about traction issues, were just that, slow cars.. fact.. not 1 comp car complained about traction.. most of them said it was great, Idris Demaj ran a new PB in the low 8's if there was no traction the fast cars would have had issues.

I post on here to share the info, nothing more, but each time I do it here all I get is negative attitude, allthough I do get a lot of your forum member thanking me via PM, seems a lot of them are a little intimidated to post it in the threads, god knows why, so i'll do you a favour and I won't bother any more.

Cheers
SLY[/QUOTE]

Keep up the good work sly.
I, for one, crongrat you for your informative posts.
Good to keep up with whats happening.
I'm sure a good set of tyres and a good set up will cure all the traction issues the "slower cars" have.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 PM   #12
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXR8ED
GO SPOOLY!!

Cheers
Glenn
If you dont like Calder, then dont go there.
Dont bag sly, he is just informing people of what happening.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #13
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

Cheers
SLY
When it comes to racing I am always positive, has nothing to do with attitude its personal experience and talking about what happened on the day, which you take personal so you spit a remark about Ford owners having slow cars but choose to do it on another message board does this point back to negative attitude and you wonder why people treat your post some contempt.
As for being a ''little intimidated'' and your PM box is over flowing, I guess you miss your mates slapping your back here.
You missed 2 of my questions what time is a slow car?
The 9 sec bracket is this not for true street cars as per the link in a older thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXR8ED
GO SPOOLY!!

Cheers
Glenn
Hi Glenn, we welcome any racing news, but to used for free advertising only to read others hanging crap on our ''slow cars'' because we made a comment about track and waiting times.
We don't have a pedestal here for anyone, we are all equal whether you run 9, 12 or 15 sec car its about enjoyment, it seems some loose this because we drive ''Frauds''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughts
If you dont like Calder, then dont go there.
Dont bag sly, he is just informing people of what happening.
I cant see where Glenn bagged anyone... information is good but sometimes the feedback doesn't always go how you like and its how its responded to the feedback that sets the mood of the posts going forward, either you just ignore the feedback or pass it on, or take it personal and throw mud around...

Last edited by SpoolMan; 11-10-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #14
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
When it comes to racing I am always positive, has nothing to do with attitude its personal experience and talking about what happened on the day, which you take personal so you spit a remark about Ford owners having slow cars but choose to do it on another message board does this point back to negative attitude and you wonder why people treat your post some contempt
The negative attitude on here re calder goes way back before my comment the other day..

Quote:
As for being a ''little intimidated'' and your PM box is over flowing, I guess you miss your mates slapping your back here.
Your point? oh sorry should I have saved them..

Quote:
You missed 2 of my questions what time is a slow car?
Anything 11.00 and above.. "yep mines extra slow"

Again the slow car comment was compairing you guys that say you couldnt get traction to all the comp cars that had no traction issues... like all the 8 & 9 second passes run, then theres the 2 XR6T's running new PB's in the 9's and the many other slower cars that had no issues, I stood on the start line for at least half the day and saw very little traction issues other than a few cars that clearly did not have the right set up, be it tyres or suspension or both for the amount of power they were making.

8 & 9 Second being fast
11 & 12 Seconds being slow

Quote:
The 9 sec bracket is this not for true street cars as per the link in a older thread.?
No, after feedback from competitors it has changed to "any car as long as it is fully registered and has matching rego plates and rego sticker - see 1st post of this thread..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any events, info or opinions I have posted on here I have posted off my own bat for no reason other than to keep the racing community up to date with whats going on at Calder etc I'm not looking for credit or pats on the back, I dont get paid to post this stuff, I don't care where people race, I often race at Heathcote as well. Its just unfortunate there are so many negative people who always look for something or someone else to blame for their issues.

Again as you have started that I am in some way trying to free advertise as you put it I will no longer bother posting info on here.

:
Old 12-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #15
SpoolMan

Quote:
then theres the 2 XR6T's running new PB's in the 9's and the many other slower cars that had no issues, I stood on the start line for at least half the day and saw very little traction issues other than a few cars that clearly did not have the right set up, be it tyres or suspension or both for the amount of power they were making.

8 & 9 Second being fast
10 inch tyres, 4 link rear ends, these are drag car set-ups, it was very good for them that's great it must have got better late in the evening, when we left the purple xr6t went 12.5 and the citric one went 17.7.
We didn't bag Calder, we called it how it was for us this is not at slur at anyone, there are good days and there are bad days... but what you are saying is we are lairs.
I stood level with the start line for much of the day from infield as I was not racing, and most in the infield had nothing to do but watch and wait, real street cars with street suspension on drag radials struggled.
Let me see I may be able to get you some video footage..

Old 12-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #16
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

8 & 9 Second being fast
Well mate you have probably knocked out the people that make your street drags FUN i guess you don't see them as that

i drive a 15 second car and love putting it on the track but if it is going to be seen as slow i will def not be racing at calder

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #17
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
10 inch tyres, 4 link rear ends, these are drag car set-ups, it was very good for them that's great it must have got better late in the evening, when we left the purple xr6t went 12.5 and the cetric one went 17.7.
Yeah their early issue was a temp thing not a track thing..

Quote:
We didn't bag Calder, we called it how it was for us this is not at slur at or on anyone, there are good days and there are bad days... but what you are saying is we are lairs.

I stood level with the start line for much of the day from infield as I was not racing, and most in the infield had nothing to do but watch and wait, real street cars with street suspension on drag radials struggled.
No im not calling you liars at all, just a differance of opinion as to wether it was the track or car set up, we had a LS1 287 rwkw that ran 11.8's all day on DR's, he had no issues doing burnouts, no issues with tractions, again its all in the set up.

I ran on DR and ran 11.5's all day, no issues doing burnouts with 12 tyres either in the water pit or when I came out of it and ive only got 250rwkw ? and no traction issues at all

Again its all a matter of opinion as to wether it was the track or individual car set up..

I went by what I saw, what results I personaly had and the feedback I got and I say it was a set up issue, you say it was track

In the end we will probably have to agree to disegree ? :
Old 12-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #18
SLY LS1
347ci Mazda RX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
Well mate you have probably knocked out the people that make your street drags FUN i guess you don't see them as that

I drive a 15 second car and love putting it on the track but if it is going to be seen as slow i will def not be racing at calder
I say good on ya bro, as long as your having fun
I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the "slower cars" we've all had them at one time, it's just my opinion of what's fast and what's slow.. my shitheap only runs mid 11s and I think thats slow... because it is, but its each to their own..
If you ever get the chance to drive a 8 or 9 second pass you'd probably call 15 seconds slow to

But please dont tell me you couldnt get traction last Sunday :
Old 12-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #19
plext
Forum Director

Quote:
....so i'll do you a favour and I won't bother any more.

Cheers
SLY
Seems fair to me.

Let's leave it there shall we?
Closed Thread