Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #61
Miss_XR6

Default Re: Feel like doing damage

AU Mont feel for you

Maybe start keeping a diary of the events that take place to your kid and also anything further from the bullies mum.
Speak to the principle and demand something be done if not ring the Education Department and advise them whats happening the principle isnt doing anything about it.
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #62
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Article from last yr... in reference to Kelso!

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...4571_news.html

Quote:
MUMS are coming to blows outside a Townsville primary school while young children watch on.

The violence outside Kelso State School has left three mums injured this week with one admitted to hospital.
A three-year-old was also caught up in the drama after being shoved.

The first brawl resulted in a mother being hospitalised after a mum attacked another mum after dropping her child off on Tuesday morning, throwing her to the ground and kicking and punching her.

The second attack occurred on Thursday when a vehicle pulled up and a mum jumped out and attacked two nearby mothers and pushed one of their children.

Police believe the same mum may have been involved in both incidents and said they were leaving no stone unturned in the search for the woman responsible for the "appalling behaviour".

A mother from the school, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of being the next target, told the Townsville Bulletin she was scared for her son's safety and the other children at the school.

"That woman has beaten up three people in total and the school tried to keep it quiet," she said.

"Something should have been done about it on Tuesday and it was allowed to happened again on Thursday.

"The first woman assaulted was in hospital for two-and-a-half days recovering after the woman and her boyfriend stomped on her head."

The mother said it was simply unacceptable school children had been exposed to such disgusting behaviour.

"She's targeting prep people and the school wants nothing to do with this," she said.

"All the kids saw and they come home and tell their mums what's happening. The kids think it's OK to fight and punch after seeing this. Something needs to be done."

Kirwan officer-in-charge Senior Sergeant Gary Eddiehausen said there were many witnesses and victim statements against the woman in question for both incidents.

"The first assault on Tuesday started over monetary issues regarding the payment for sale of a motor vehicle," he said.

"The second attack though, we're unsure what the motivation was.

"The first woman assaulted was punched to the ground where she was then viciously beaten suffering a number of injuries to the face, neck, head and lower back and it was right in front of the school."

Sen Sgt Eddiehausen said the second incident started as a verbal argument between the female suspect from the first attack and another woman, a third woman intervened and was also beaten.

"The suspect walked up to one of the women and punched her in the face and continued to punch and pull her hair - at least half a dozen times," he said.

"The victim's young child was yelling out 'stop hurting my mum' and it's alleged the suspect shoved the child back into the car.

"The third woman said not to touch the child and then the suspect starting assaulting her."

Education Queensland North Queensland regional director Mike Ludwig said the school has banned the parent responsible for the attacks.

"The parent has been banned from the school for 60 days following alleged assaults on three people," he said.

"We will not stand for this sort of disgraceful behaviour that has jeopardised the safety of others.

"She set a poor example to anyone who might have witnessed her intolerable behaviour.

"Guidance and counselling is available for anyone who requires support."

Sen-Sgt Eddiehausen said the assaults were extremely concerning especially considering they were in front of a school.

"Not surprisingly it created a significant amount of fear for parents and children attending the school, police investigations will be ongoing," he said.

That type of behaviour, anywhere, shouldn't be tolerated."
Like i said. be wary of what you do... even if you start something in order to protect yourself, can get very ugly real quick!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #63
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
$2500 a year may not be too much to ensure that he is ok.

I know schools don't operate 52 weeks a year, but it works out about $48 a week.

My nephew was at public school in Townsville, got horribly bullied. Moved to local Catholic high school, no dramas again and he is studying to go to uni next year. Doubtful he would have got where he is if he didn't change schools.
So he had a bad run at a public school, had a good run at a catholic school.
This doesn't mean all public schools are rubbish and all catholic schools are the answer, there are plenty of rubbish catholic schools and plenty of decent public ones.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #64
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

Like i said. be wary of what you do... even if you start something in order to protect yourself, can get very ugly real quick!
Nothing suprising there, it's Kelso! lol.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #65
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As hard as it is try to take the anger out of it, otherwise it could all escalate into something massive (jail terms etc, which wont help your or your kid)

To be honest I dont know what the answer is, I have seen my daughter who isn't even three, get kicked off play equipment by older kids and ended up in tears - only come back I could think of is tell my daughter very loudly for all to hear, "Its Toy day today, come on we have to spend $100 on toys" Must admit I enjoyed watching the older kids run to their parents after that.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #66
MrsLow006

I so feel for you, My children have all experienced bully's and as a parent I feel so helpless as I can't b there to fix it. In saying that I have approached parents with some success ..... lucky for me they were receptive.. no one likes to hear their child is not an angel. There is not much I can offer except my support in your endeavours to fix this issue. I agree with contacting the Education Department in your state... Teachers are frightened to act due to societies "Litigation" mentality

XB - ENVY

XB WAGON - Dark Angel
MrsLow006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #67
sleek7

I was in this sort of situation way back when I was in year 7, though mine was sort of a one off incident not an on-going issue where I had a year 9 student chasing me around the school wanting to clobber me. Fortunately for me I was friends with another year 9 student who stood up for me and stopped the bully from chasing me, though it still terrified the ***** out of me.

My school got right on it once they were aware of what had happened and meetings were set up between the parties and the principle and year 9 student ended up with 2 days suspension from school. The year 9 student didnt do anything again after that.
Its a shame to hear that your sons school is completely letting you and him down.
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #68
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

Avoid little mumma bears when they've got their cubs with them, they can turn into monsters.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #69
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

All those saying Catholic schools etc are no good its worth a try.... He may get bullied there to but sometimes its easier to make a new start with the hope of a good outcome rather then staying where he currently is and having no hope.

Its gotta be worth it especially in a case as bad as this.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #70
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Bullying is disgusting. I have been subject to bullying up to and including vicious beatings all because the kids at school thought I was gay. No, I grew up in the cities and not a hick town where everone has 4 thumbs and the same last name.

It needs to be stopped and if it takes your child learning self defence so he can feel confident that if they do get violent he can handle himself properly enough that he minimizes the damage done to him while maximizing the damage done to them. It doesn't sound right but children only respond to pain. Telling them off does NOTHING at all. Your child may get a small break from school but I can almost guarentee you that he won't get bullied again.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #71
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Human Beings, getting worse and worse with each generation. A mass infertility virus is long overdue.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #72
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I disagree, not much has changed in the short term and we are still evolving, do not forget that we are still animals essentially at the core and the primal adversary thing does come out from time to time.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #73
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
I think you illustrate your point very well in your single sentence about intelligence.
They hit your kid, you teach your kid to hit back. Maybe you should teach the kids to break their arm as well, just to make sure. And while you are at it, go and assualt the parents too, because they would have learned to be a bully off them.
Have you even stopped to think that perhaps the kid only knows how to interact with this type of behaviour? That the kid may never have been given a hug their entire life, and dad always belts him when he is angry? How can your child reacting with violence to this change anything? You are just becoming part of the problem, not part of the solution.
And the recommendation to bring back corporal punishment for kids Do you actually have any? If you do, poor kids! Do you belt them if they spill their milk? How about beating them unconscious if they wet the bed? Or slapping them when they trip and get their clothes dirty?
Is it my kids fault the kids parents were idiots no so why should he suffer for it you can make all the excuses you want why not open a counciling service till then punch him in the face like his dad does its all he will understand its bout time people stopped coping **** for other peoples Failures in all walks of life and started getting the **** sorted
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #74
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

[QUOTE=danthefordman] Also something to consider, if you are to pursue a resolution with the other parents again, take a hidden video camera or have someone film from a distance or use a tape recorder QUOTE]

Good advise, but the privacy laws means you'll wear the wrath of the coppers....it's bullcrap I know, but it's in place because of a few perverted people in society. (No insuinations directed towards you either)

Personally I wouldn't even bother with the principal...Once the education dept is involved and backing you up, the principal and his/her staff will have very sore backsides.....

I went down a similar road about 7 or 8 years ago and did exactly what I have written....results were exactly as I have written too....The bullies ended up out of the school....the staff were only too willing to bend over backwards to make sure things were sorted if we had any further issues with my boy's schooling.

On the subject of fighting back....There is a law in all states saying you are able to defend yourself.....I'm not going to get into a discussion about the whether to hit back or not, or whether it's right or wrong.....Just putting this up, so people are aware the law does exist.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 09-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #75
AU Mont
Banned

wow so many responses, i have read all of them and i appreciate the time taken to offer advice

school is doing a report, and plan is to re-approach the police and make a statement so there is record of what transpiried and can be used as supporting evidence an AVO in the future if it comes to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
All those saying Catholic schools etc are no good its worth a try....
i checked the OP scores of tthis $2500 catholic school and it is only marginally better than the public high school which has a bit of a bad rep. Im guessing from the paperwork ive collected, education is 50% Bible, %50 school work.

then you have a private college at 6k, the other option is the total school of education which has one of the best scores in the country but 10k but looks like a bit of a cult lol
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #76
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Is it my kids fault the kids parents were idiots no so why should he suffer for it you can make all the excuses you want why not open a counciling service till then punch him in the face like his dad does its all he will understand its bout time people stopped coping **** for other peoples Failures in all walks of life and started getting the **** sorted
Do you mind translating that into English? I think you are advocating violence as a solution for violence, and suggest I take up counselling as a career. You will find counselling skills is a part of the medical course, so I already qualify for that, but to purely devote my time to that would be to waste the rest of my education.
I don't quite understand your last sentence, but if you are talking about failure, then I believe your primary school teachers would be shaking their heads at your attempt at written communication.....I would grade you a fail, but the modern system would not allow that. Lets just rate it a "good try award" then shall we?
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #77
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

I can see this thread heading south..
when peoples kids are involved, passion takes place of reason and understanding..

its called being protective. which is great to an extent.. but being over protective can also cause kids to feel the need to stand over or bully other kids.. its mostly a mechanism for dealing with thier own insecurity..
Blaming parental techniques whilst the obvious answer may not always be the right approach either... as the OP said.. the father of the bully had a bewildered look on his face like he had no idea what was going on.... I think if you read all these replies.. and have a good think about your own reactions etc... *the title says you want to do damage* then step aside and look at it from a different perspective.. even a couple of different perspectives. you may find a way that soothes your ego and helps protect your family without the need to excite the situation any more than it has become. after all is said and done.. you want the best for your family.. so finding the appropriate solution now may just help your son deal with these situations on his own in the future with minimal stress.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #78
basteve
real aussies drive aussie

avoid confrontation it just gets ugly. My daughter had been assaulted by a kid at school of which was very upsetting for her. We were aware of this and we let it pass until one day on the way home after picking her up from school due to her fear from this attack my cars ignition coil had decided to pack up. Coincidentally this bully of a child had been walking home exactly on the same road where i was repairing my car and passed next to us . Well unbeknown to us this triggered Armageddon. The next day this mad woman of a mother somehow followed me to a shopping center car park and got out abusing hells creation with me and calling me a stalker. WTF.

the language was coming out of her mouth with f this f that turning to my wife who got involved with this teeth missing barking wild wombat of a woman lol claiming I was waiting for her daughter who assaulted my daughter etc. That very day we went to this school who knew of my girls assault and did nothing about it, but not us. We removed her that very day and transferred her to another school. She was not keen on our decision. We wanted to avoid ALL confrontation and that was the best solution we decided on.

Years later my daughter was far more happier at this new school of which she told us "you know what Mum and Dad I like this school and friends at this school much better". When she had to move to a secondary school years later she found it much more easier than the other students to move on due to this experience in school changes than those who were there for the full 6 years.

Something good came from this nasty experience. I would recommend to avoid confrontation at all costs and look to another way to give your child the best alternative even when teachers fail to protect.

As for this foul mouth woman her husband apparently is in and out of jail so that speaks for itself.
basteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #79
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nigh...watch/30228244

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #80
IDT
Marko

If someone came into my business and started assaulting someone for any reason I would see them charged and if not sued regardless if the attack was on me or not. Why don't schools do the same with parents who step over the mark? Is there a law that prevents it?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #81
XRDeeze
UTRIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
Human Beings, getting worse and worse with each generation. A mass infertility virus is long overdue.
sad thing is this is only the beginning, the things we see happening around us today will be nothing compared.. in the future.

Townsville Drag 1/10/11 PB: 15.34 @ 91.09 mph
XRDeeze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #82
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
wow so many responses, i have read all of them and i appreciate the time taken to offer advice

school is doing a report, and plan is to re-approach the police and make a statement so there is record of what transpiried and can be used as supporting evidence an AVO in the future if it comes to that

i checked the OP scores of tthis $2500 catholic school and it is only marginally better than the public high school which has a bit of a bad rep. Im guessing from the paperwork ive collected, education is 50% Bible, %50 school work.

then you have a private college at 6k, the other option is the total school of education which has one of the best scores in the country but 10k but looks like a bit of a cult lol
I teach year 6.. 12 year olds are right up my alley. Got 25 of the best kids I have ever taught under my wings...

Bullying comes in so many different forms. In these PC times, even ignoring someone is a form of bullying. Your school must take the problem seriously. It is their job to provide a safe environment. If you feel you are not getting the results you want take it further.

Straight up, bullying happens in ALL schools. Simply switching schools may not fix anything. Not all kids are the same, they are variable beings. Some have a level of natural maturity and resistance to bullying that allows them to 'roll with the punches', other children, for whatever reason become easy targets to the local thugs... It's a phenomenon I will never understand, even after almost 10 years at the front of the classroom.

1) Keep your cool. As much as you want to 'fix' the problem huffing and puffing / chest beating will do little to solve this problem.

2) Document / record EVERY interaction and conversation about this issue. Names, dates, times, where it happened, who was there, method etc. We are taught as teachers to 'document everything'... so should you.

3) Don't ever involve your children in an 'adult' conversation. Be it with your wife / partner / friend etc. Things get taken out of context, mis-understood and confused. Last thing you want is your child going to school echoing what is said at home about X family or Y teacher. It happens more often than you can imagine.

4) Talk with your children through their problems. Using phrases like 'toughen up' and 'hit back' may not be wise. We all saw the media frenzy that happened when that skinny twerp got nailed by that larger kid... Make them understand that life is full of challenges and personality clashes. How they (and you) deal with those issues now will, to an extent define how they handle things in the future as an adult.

5) Catholic schools DON'T spend 50% of their time Bible bashing. Whatever / whoever said that is very wrong. More like 8-12% is closer to the mark. I have worked in Public, Catholic and Private schools. Just remember that a student who goes to a Catholic / Private school has to earn their keep by behaving. I haven't worked in the Public system for several years now but of the 3 'systems' it was clear which one dealt best with problem children.

Anyway.... I really do hope things improve for your 12 year old AU Mont. I hope my few pointers have helped you out somewhat.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #83
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Ring the education dept outlining the whole scenario.....Guaranteed, the school will end up with the kick up the butt.
No they won't

The education department are ********* useless

I was thrown into a brick wall by my bag by the PRINCIPAL of my primary school when I was in grade 3 because I was running to the bus and we weren't allowed to run to it.

Education department only want to protect their own, they won't do a bloody thing

1993 Honda VFR750F
dylby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #84
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_XR603
sad thing is this is only the beginning, the things we see happening around us today will be nothing compared.. in the future.
I am not sure this is the case, I believe we have a lot more media these days (be it online, print, or tv) and therefore there are a lot more stories so we are more aware of what is happening.

In speaking to my father bulling was present when he was at school (over 40 years ago) He knew guys that would belt into others and even when they knocked down the other kid(s) they would still belt into them, because they wanted to see the kid after a period of time still suffering from the assault.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #85
prydey
Rob

i have some advice for the OP.

ignore 90% of the advice already given. seriously, what is wrong with many of you. its no wonder society is like it is.

retaliation is not the answer. violence is never the answer.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #86
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Saying you feel like killing someone is not wise on a public forum either..
Imagine if something happened to that person???
Keep cool... Hope things come good in the long run...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #87
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Things like this is one of many reasons i wont be having kids. All the best with getting a result.
I wasnt bullied at school all that often, well i was and i think everyone was on some level but i think it was part of school life it was very minor. How things have changed. Often 'bust ups in the park' near my school happened almost everyday, yeah i was involved in some of them and often the issues were solved then and there. Id hate to be a kid going to school nowadays.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #88
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey

ignore 90% of the advice already given. seriously, what is wrong with many of you. its no wonder society is like it is.

Violence rarely is the answer but sometimes it's the only thing that works. Kids don't respond to a telling off. Especially from other kids. Would you rather some kids get violent with your son and your son has no idea what to do? Better to get your some kid some education in how to defend himself rather than letting him get the snot kicked out of him.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #89
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey

bs there is only one thing for a bully.. a good smack in the mouth..
OP get your son into boxing....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #90
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Boxing and the like is only really suitable for tough kids, kids this young a lot of them are just too gentle and soft for boxing which even without getting in the ring is absolutely punishing and if in a semi-serious boxing gym can break a gentle kid down even further, just from the training alone. Some are just not suited to it, and just not suited to fighting as it goes against every single grain of their character. These kids find coping mechanism and will out perform in life the mindless thugs and end up tougher in the things that matter. They might not be fighters, but that doesn't necessarily make their spirit and determination in other pursuits lack in any area. Boxing and the like may help, but it may end up crushing the kids spirit even more if he finds he doesn't have the heart for that. And if a boy is not a fighter, he is simply not a fighter and there is no reason to look down on him for that, find his areas of strength and interest and nurture and encourage those pursuits so he can find his confidence and pride that way.

Last edited by mcnews; 10-08-2012 at 12:52 PM.
mcnews is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post