Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #31
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Medicinal Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Most modern medicine has its roots in natural remedies. Doctors are not opposed to natural remedies, most will tell you that the start to a healthy diet is fresh vegetables and fruit. The most widely used powerful pain relievers were originally derived from opium, and many products still use commercially grown poppies.
Yet the medical profession as a whole maintains there is no therapeutic benefit from Cannabis.

Anything with remotely medicinal properties has long since been extracted, purified, and synthesised. Every year big pharma spends billions testing everything from noxious weeds to spider-venom. They have tested every conceivable derivative of cannabis and found nothing they can sell. WTF does that tell you.

Off course the intaweb is full of people claiming all sorts of miracle cures from cannabis, and many other people reporting those claims as "fact".
So what else is new?
There's a billion people in China who think Rhino-Horn is an aphrodisiac, people who believe you can cure all manner of illnesses with aromatic oils, or by shoving a hose up your ****, etc, etc.
So forgive me if I still insist on getting my medical information from the medical and scientific experts, rather than from some dude on the internet.

This is not to say that there aren't some beneficial side-affects from cannabis, but the utterly bizarre thing is those people who refuse to take medication that actually does the job, but will instead subject themselves to the risks associated with cannabis.
My Dad went through years of chemo. It made him puke, so the doctor game him anti-nausea medication. Problem solved.

For people who have abnormally suppressed appetites, cannabis products can "help" because they act on those particular receptors in the brain. (aka "the munchies") But other safer drugs can do the same thing.

The biggest problem with the debate is that most proponents of "medicinal" cannabis are also those who enjoy getting stoned, and argue for the legalisation of recreational cannabis. So they are not exactly unbiased.

And the biggest problem with "medicinal" cannabis, is that its a joke. Look at anywhere its been legalised in the USA. Stoners can go to a "medicinal" pot outlet and buy any damn variety they choose.

I cannot say that pot screws up everyone who uses it. One study established a 90% correlation between psychotic mental illnesses, and a history of pot use. But that was saying that 90% of psychos had used pot, no indication of what % of pot user become psychos.
One argument being that it only triggers those with an underlying predisposition.
I have unfortunately known a few people who have screwed themselves up with pot, and become psychotic, paranoid, and in some cases schitzo.
But again, I don't know how many pot users I may have known who didn't develop any symptoms.
A old mate of mine smoked pot from 1983 to 2019 he was on the bong every hour, when he woke up he would be straight into the bong, now I seen him in Jun and he said he gave smoking dope up and the smokes as well now but he said the smokes were the hardest by way far more to give up. he said that was a real battle he was still dealing with. he was an alcoholic as well but gave that up ok about 8 ears ago.
He was the sort of dude that is called a compulsive obsessive nowadays.

I smoked a little pot from when I was 21yo to 30yo and only never bought it 2 times shearing in a bag with a mate and he keep the bag and the only reason that I did was because I hated my job and drinking was due to the same, looking back it was to escape the hell I was in. I was driven to it at the end of the week.
I got to the point that I did not want to live and I always hated people who did drugs and when I smoked the pot I met many really nice people who smoked pot. most gave such up within 10 years.
I never got about with other people then on pot.
That dude that mentioned above he got into mushrooms and then the speed when he went to Sydney and came back nearly dead.

The view point of the average Aussie as to smoking dope was just pathetic uneducated childish dribbling nonsense. but nowadays dope is much stronger in the last 20 years to the point that it's a really bad drug now and if you buy any that has been grown under lights it's bad for you because it lacks a chemical and because of that lack it sends people schitzo. I seen about such on a real good honest TV show all about the history.
Not to mention they who smoke the synthetic dope that's really stupid thing to do.

I am all for being Licenced to smoke pot and quality real pot sold by the Government is the only way to deal with the madness criminal element. we have to get rid of the drop kick attitude that sadly prevails over such issues, because what the gov has been doing is truly only aiding criminal intent. they are not winning and society is failing badly because of their childish attitudes.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-09-2020, 08:19 PM   #32
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
A old mate of mine smoked pot from 1983 to 2019 he was on the bong every hour, when he woke up he would be straight into the bong, now I seen him in Jun and he said he gave smoking dope up and the smokes as well now but he said the smokes were the hardest by way far more to give up. he said that was a real battle he was still dealing with. he was an alcoholic as well but gave that up ok about 8 ears ago.
He was the sort of dude that is called a compulsive obsessive nowadays.

I smoked a little pot from when I was 21yo to 30yo and only never bought it 2 times shearing in a bag with a mate and he keep the bag and the only reason that I did was because I hated my job and drinking was due to the same, looking back it was to escape the hell I was in. I was driven to it at the end of the week.
I got to the point that I did not want to live and I always hated people who did drugs and when I smoked the pot I met many really nice people who smoked pot. most gave such up within 10 years.
I never got about with other people then on pot.
That dude that mentioned above he got into mushrooms and then the speed when he went to Sydney and came back nearly dead.

The view point of the average Aussie as to smoking dope was just pathetic uneducated childish dribbling nonsense. but nowadays dope is much stronger in the last 20 years to the point that it's a really bad drug now and if you buy any that has been grown under lights it's bad for you because it lacks a chemical and because of that lack it sends people schitzo. I seen about such on a real good honest TV show all about the history.
Not to mention they who smoke the synthetic dope that's really stupid thing to do.

I am all for being Licenced to smoke pot and quality real pot sold by the Government is the only way to deal with the madness criminal element. we have to get rid of the drop kick attitude that sadly prevails over such issues, because what the gov has been doing is truly only aiding criminal intent. they are not winning and society is failing badly because of their childish attitudes.
Good call, that dude giving up like that is impressive.

There is always individuals that go further, little to do with pot, likely alcohol initially lowering his inhibitions.

Laws are forcing bad ****, synthetics for eg. Tried that while drunk one night and nearly died

.. the reason it is grown indoors is because of excessive government laws, forcing this process.
.. the reason certain ethnic crime syndicates exist is because of government position.

Alcohol does far more damage to society compared to pot...... but we were talking medicinal
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #33
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimiles View Post
I usually use CBD flowers when I have anxiety...
CBD flowers ? you mean a particular strain of choof ? I seen that online (dark online) the different ratios.

I get the impression that the stuff available is 'whatever pops out' indoor. I guess that's high THC v CBD. Making the CBD oil is another issue !

I am not a doctor but maybe a constant, safe level would stop the anxiety
Old 25-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #34
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Canberra Liberals have said that overturning the laws are not a priority. I bet they will try at some point should they win.

I doubt they will win majority government but still a possibility. Who knows
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2020, 09:57 AM   #35
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Canberra Liberals have said that overturning the laws are not a priority. I bet they will try at some point should they win.

I doubt they will win majority government but still a possibility. Who knows
I may be wrong but its going the other way everywhere around the world even here, Canberra was the most proactive.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...be6af4baa146cb
Old 28-09-2020, 10:28 AM   #36
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimiles View Post
Seems CBD help me...
You are fortunate to have access to those products. So many people on 'med's here could do with some options
Old 09-11-2020, 07:33 PM   #37
Campbchen
Starter Motor

Hi, everyone. I need your advice. I have a problem with aggression. I often have severe bouts of aggression for no reason. I'd rather try CBD oil for aggression. What effect will have this oil for me? My friend said that my nervous system would immediately calm down and I would feel my whole body relax.

Last edited by GasoLane; 09-11-2020 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Any more like this and you get a holiday
Campbchen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #38
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbchen View Post
Hi, everyone. I need your advice. I have a problem with aggression. I often have severe bouts of aggression for no reason. I'd rather try CBD oil for aggression. What effect will have this oil for me? My friend said that my nervous system would immediately calm down and I would feel my whole body relax.
Is professional advice an option ?
From the info I have noted, It will make you less impulsive, more calm. For accuracy, the only bit that isn't quite correct is saying 'immediately'.
Being oil (assuming orally) it will take an hour or two to feel the effect and then maintaining a daily level neourosciencenews.com
Thinking like a psych, is there something else there that could be triggering the aggression that can be addressed with some open up discussion ?
Old 19-11-2020, 04:29 AM   #39
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Hey Dazz, this is just for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAdDdTZuNA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgX4zwiYvDM

Please do some real research before shooting from the hip and regurgitating big brothers propaganda Dazz. That is only a couple of examples with one affliction, there are many many more examples with many many more afflictions that the hundreds of compounds in cannabis can and does treat without the toxic side effects of "modern medicines".
Oh great, yet another stoner who gets their "facts" from rubetube.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2020, 04:51 AM   #40
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
So many things here.
Why do doctors now prescribe CBD ? 5,270 cases last month, 5,564 the month before; ; 61,000 to date.

Even well-intentioned doctors over-prescribe millions of doses of medication every year, not to mention the unscrupulous ones who sell prescriptions for opioids and amphetamines.
And you're surprised people can find "doctors" to write them scripts for weed-oil?

And as I said there are undoubtedly are some therapeutic benefits (to some components) and if so those compounds will be isolated and reproduced, and yes doctors can prescribe them in controlled dosages.

That's not the issue. This thread is about "medical cannabis" being available over the counter without prescription. So what ****ing relevance are the stats on prescriptions?
As I said, the problem, in very jurisdiction where this has occurred, is that stoners can simply stroll in Hairy Joe's Pot Emporium, and buy whatever the hell they want, under the guise of "medicinal."

Giving weed to terminally ill patients, is a different matter altogether.
I think the attitude is a little callous, but it seems to be a case of "well you're dying anyway..." The standard regimen is strong opioids, so yeah, weed brownies can hardly be any worse.
It's not my cup of tea, I'd rather go out with what's left of my faculties intact, but I'm certainly not going to criticise those that choose oblivion.
Old 20-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #41
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Oh great, yet another stoner who gets their "facts" from rubetube.

Oh great, yet another product of the establishment that can't or won't see or acknowledge anything that is not approved of and endorsed by the authorities.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #42
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:

Even well-intentioned doctors over-prescribe millions of doses of medication every year, not to mention the unscrupulous ones who sell prescriptions for opioids and amphetamines.
And you're surprised people can find "doctors" to write them scripts for weed-oil?

And as I said there are undoubtedly are some therapeutic benefits (to some components) and if so those compounds will be isolated and reproduced, and yes doctors can prescribe them in controlled dosages.

That's not the issue. This thread is about "medical cannabis" being available over the counter without prescription. So what ****ing relevance are the stats on prescriptions?
As I said, the problem, in very jurisdiction where this has occurred, is that stoners can simply stroll in Hairy Joe's Pot Emporium, and buy whatever the hell they want, under the guise of "medicinal."

Giving weed to terminally ill patients, is a different matter altogether.
I think the attitude is a little callous, but it seems to be a case of "well you're dying anyway..." The standard regimen is strong opioids, so yeah, weed brownies can hardly be any worse.
It's not my cup of tea, I'd rather go out with what's left of my faculties intact, but I'm certainly not going to criticise those that choose oblivion.
Sorry Dazz but your discussion misses reality, facts etc.
Do some study and then comment about being 'stoned' and medicinal (CBD)
You do know what CBD is yes ?, You understand THC yes ?
'Oblivion' comment suggests that you have no idea.

What drugs do you use ?

Why 'Crazy' Dazz ?
Old 21-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #43
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

What drugs do you use ?

Why 'Crazy' Dazz ?
Most Australians have been led to believe that smoking Dope is a real mad thing like on par with the rest of the drugs that people can get hooked on and even die because of such rubbish.

No one can die of smoking dope, you can go drink a bottle of Rum and die from that you know.

But I am against the criminal element that is dealing with Dope that is a problem.
I believe in licencing smoking Dope and Government selling such as a quality non tampered with product and the licencing will go far to help bring about a much better society so as to stamp out most of the morons out of the system and this will give more credibility respect for our cops.

I seen school kids back in the 70's sniffing glue, the whole bush land across from the schools was covered in plastic bags use for such rubbish. I ask why was that.
I seen bad drugs were sold in Sydney in train stations on TV and what was done to stop such ? Nothing ! but if everyone was like me and some nog came selling such to me I would put him into next week, as a duty of care for my Nations people, but the Law would not see it that way, so they were in fact aiding and abetting drug pushers in my books.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2020, 05:56 PM   #44
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Just had to stand down one of our Deck Hands for failing his drug test, he did the test the day before joining ship (20th) and the results just arrived today......we are now 370 nautical miles from shore and won't be back in Port until the 30th, a replacement has to be choppered out to maintain minimum manning regulations for the vessel $$$$

He claims to be using Hemp Oil for arthritis, if so he should have noted this on the day of the test which he failed to do so, now his future employment hangs in the balance, especially since he failed a alcohol test about a year ago....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #45
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Just had to stand down one of our Deck Hands for failing his drug test, he did the test the day before joining ship (20th) and the results just arrived today......we are now 370 nautical miles from shore and won't be back in Port until the 30th, a replacement has to be choppered out to maintain minimum manning regulations for the vessel $$$$

He claims to be using Hemp Oil for arthritis, if so he should have noted this on the day of the test which he failed to do so, now his future employment hangs in the balance, especially since he failed a alcohol test about a year ago....
i see what he did there........
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #46
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Just had to stand down one of our Deck Hands
how are they tested, urine or swab ?

urine is invasive, swab is fair

hemp oil (CDB crazydazz !) has a prescription
Old 24-11-2020, 11:33 PM   #47
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
how are they tested, urine or swab ?

urine is invasive, swab is fair

hemp oil (CDB crazydazz !) has a prescription
Urine test and no prescription...

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 25-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #48
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Urine test and no prescription...
I can understand being a deckhand, certainly need to be running on all cylinders out on the water.
IMO: I say urine testing is invasive because it could have been weeks ago when the person used but is no longer impaired.
A swab (like the Gov't uses) will tell you what's been used in the last 48 hours.

Unlikely a deckhand will be on CBD oil, we are a long way from getting a prescription for smoking pot (THC)
Old 25-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #49
Loonar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Similar, but different..

Loonar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #50
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loonar View Post
Similar, but different..
Interesting. Certainly there are a lot of uses out there for hemp, oils etc.
Its only laws made by people that have other motives why some of this type of thing isn't more popular.
How long did it take for hemp fabric to be 'allowed' ?
Old 21-01-2021, 07:19 PM   #51
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Its good to see more scientific research about this product, I am sure there is still a lot of benefits we dont know

https://www.news.com.au/technology/s...202a142912e041
Old 22-01-2021, 09:51 AM   #52
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its only laws made by people that have other motives why some of this type of thing isn't more popular.
Hemp oil doesnt appear to be any better than flaxseed oil, yet you dont see any companies pushing flaxseed oil in the way they do for hemp oil. That's usually a good indicator that it's just another fad that in time too will pass.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2021, 11:32 AM   #53
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Hemp oil doesnt appear to be any better than flaxseed oil, yet you dont see any companies pushing flaxseed oil in the way they do for hemp oil. That's usually a good indicator that it's just another fad that in time too will pass.
From a nutritional perspective comparable but not as it appears from a medicinal view hence the studies.
Flaxseed 'may', 'should', 'could'

The benefits of hemp have been known since the dawn of time, now they are putting some modern study toward it
Old 23-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #54
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

What drugs do you use ?

Why 'Crazy' Dazz ?
I'd suggest that you learn to read English, but I guess that's the problem with smoking all that weed. Maybe get somebody who talks really slowly to explain this to you.

This thread is about "Medicinal Cannabis" being made available over the counter. It's not about hemp oil, wheatgrass, or any other remedies.

It's about anyone (yes, including stoners) being able go into a shop, and buy "medicinal" cannabis over the counter.

By definition, it also makes it perfectly legal to be in the possession of said "medicinal" cannabis, so in practice it becomes a de facto legalisation of cannabis.

Since this is a motoring forum, I will also point out that this creates huge problem when Stoner Joe gets behind the wheel. Currently any detection would leave him open to charges of driving under the influence, but what happens if it's "medicinal"? I don't know the answer, but I can see it being a problem.

It's crazy that you now can't even buy damn Panadeine over the counter, and cannot take it at work, without a script. And proper decongestants are almost unobtainable, but hey, lets make weed universally available.
Old 24-01-2021, 12:32 AM   #55
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Reading some of the later posts here, it does appear a few don't realise that proper CBD oil has
had the THC (hallucinogen)element removed - to a max of 2%.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2021, 03:02 AM   #56
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap0964 View Post
Reading some of the later posts here, it does appear a few don't realise that proper CBD oil has
had the THC (hallucinogen)element removed - to a max of 2%.
Same same for the guy that lost his job where i work, thought he could cover up his pot habit by claiming the test reading was from the legit CBD Oil he 'claimed' he was using for Arthritis, problem was the sky high (pun intended) readings from his D&A where more in line with high end pot than any legit CBD Oil.

Cost him a well paid job with benefits that most will never see in an industry that will never let him back in, funnily enough if he had owned up to it straight away instead of trying to bull**** his way out of it, the company would have offered him a second chance with counseling and a way to keep his job, to late now.

3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #57
DASTIG

I have seen the benefits from CBD oil.

Lady with back pain taking way to many pain killers that caused stomach ulcers. CBD helped with the pain, didn't eliminate it totally and more importantly no more ulcers and stopped the addiction to the pain killers.
Baby born with regular fits that if not treated and stopped could have caused deaths. CBD has reduced the numbers and severity substantially, still working on the amount of treatment to get the best results but the baby is much more happier. Parents suggested this treatment to initial Drs but they just laughed it off. Found another Dr that was more knowable in its benefits.

Althea Group is an Australia company that has developed a concierge app that can help put people in contact with trained Drs. They have assisted the Drs and the joe public to cut through the red tape to receive treatment for the correct illnesses that it there is researched evidence of benefits. Althea is in the process of rolling this out in the UK as well. They produce CBD here in Australia, Canada, export to Uk, USA and soon Germany and South Africa. I disclose that I am a shareholder after doing plenty of my own research.

Good luck to all.
DASTIG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #58
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
I'd suggest that you learn to read English, but I guess that's the problem with smoking all that weed. Maybe get somebody who talks really slowly to explain this to you.

This thread is about "Medicinal Cannabis" being made available over the counter. It's not about hemp oil, wheatgrass, or any other remedies.

It's about anyone (yes, including stoners) being able go into a shop, and buy "medicinal" cannabis over the counter.

By definition, it also makes it perfectly legal to be in the possession of said "medicinal" cannabis, so in practice it becomes a de facto legalisation of cannabis.

Since this is a motoring forum, I will also point out that this creates huge problem when Stoner Joe gets behind the wheel. Currently any detection would leave him open to charges of driving under the influence, but what happens if it's "medicinal"? I don't know the answer, but I can see it being a problem.

It's crazy that you now can't even buy damn Panadeine over the counter, and cannot take it at work, without a script. And proper decongestants are almost unobtainable, but hey, lets make weed universally available.
Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed Dazza, read just a few lines of this and it will explain why I say that
https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/medicinal-cannabishttps://www.healthdirect.gov.au/medicinal-cannabis
Alcohol is legal ?
Have a read about CBD v THC before you get personal
Old 24-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #59
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

At the pet shop I was amazed that there is CBD available for dogs but it seems to be available for a lot of animals treating nervous issues.

https://discountanimalproducts.com.a...ets-australia/

Lucky they can't find the keys to the car
Old 24-01-2021, 09:33 PM   #60
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:

It is you that can't read Dazza, and I dont smoke weed. You can see problems because you have a sandwich short of a picnic, kangaroos loose in the top paddock etc.
panadeine is an opiate, ffs do some reading before you expose yourself showing your lack of knowledge