Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-01-2021, 03:07 PM   #2761
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

I only want to work for people I like. You are a long time working, I don't need the stress of an idiot client.
Good on you.
I stick by these principles too but add in my craft, architects, builders and middle men were the first to go on my banned list many years ago.

These f***er like waisting valuable time, want to pay later, and love changing quoted jobs.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2021, 03:40 PM   #2762
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Getting through another rig slowly but surely

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #2763
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post

Fruitliner.

This user likes this post:
Old 12-01-2021, 04:12 PM   #2764
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

These nicknames are interesting to learn.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #2765
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Freightshaker, bicycles have them too.

Cannondale (Crash and bail), GT (Garbage truck) Diamond Back (Dive and Crack) TREK, (Trash)........

Old 12-01-2021, 04:42 PM   #2766
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Freightshaker, bicycles have them too.

Cannondale (Crash and bail), GT (Garbage truck) Diamond Back (Dive and Crack) TREK, (Trash)........
Don't forget the Argosy
Old 12-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #2767
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Don't forget the Argosy
I'll get in before you Gaso, Looseybuilt.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:00 PM   #2768
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Started another beaut housesit today 100ac on top of a summit overlooking Eldorado.
2 Labs to look after and 6 chooks for a week while the humans are away.
Little stone job down the road.

300 deg views. Buffalo and Bogong in the background.

Buller in the distance.

Off to the dam for a swim.

Great stuff discovering this housesitting lark.

Old 12-01-2021, 09:44 PM   #2769
.:4:.
Kicking back

Out for dinner with my kid tonight. The chocolate crane machine thing. I only had a few gold coins, those things are usually rigged. He cleaned up hardcore. He was only allowed 1 chocolate before dinner, and 1 after. But he still left with 27 odd to take home. Except the the picnics and snickers. He has a nut allergy. So they went to my mum.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #2770
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Fixed
The beginning of the end for many! yes fixed!... not Trumps turn just yet!
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2021, 10:52 PM   #2771
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Bin night. Front lawn mowed and edged, exactly filled the bin with clippings. Jumped into the abandoned site next door and chocked their rubbish bin with weeds and sundry litter. Got done just as it became too dark to work safely anymore - not a job worthy of torchlight.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:03 PM   #2772
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Out for dinner with my kid tonight. The chocolate crane machine thing. I only had a few gold coins, those things are usually rigged. He cleaned up hardcore. He was only allowed 1 chocolate before dinner, and 1 after. But he still left with 27 odd to take home. Except the the picnics and snickers. He has a nut allergy. So they went to my mum.
I would almost have paid to see someone own a machine of that type. As you say, easy to believe they’re rigged. With success like that your lad ought to be looking at flying choppers.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:09 PM   #2773
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I would almost have paid to see someone own a machine of that type. As you say, easy to believe they’re rigged. With success like that your lad ought to be looking at flying choppers.
Nah, crane operator
Old 13-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #2774
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Just thinking that kit would make a great Pork Chop Express.

Old 13-01-2021, 03:45 PM   #2775
Kicking back

Got to see my grandparents for the first time in months. And thats because their nursing home does the covid thing. But it was nice. Yeah, i call them, but theyre of the age where you appreciate every visit. The home only lets them out for 2 hours and even then, its only either my mum or aunty who are allowed to take them out, and its only for a maximum of 2 hours door to door, and thats not without seeking approvals etc. But whilst we just went for coffee at the marina, but even whilst their world during this covid business is a much smaller place, they're both in good spirits, both were happy to be out and watching the boats go by.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2021, 07:30 PM   #2776
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

A cold shower after a HOT day.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2021, 07:46 PM   #2777
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
A cold shower after a HOT day.
Should try an ice bath. I have a few times and it was worth it. Aches and pains gone just like that. I don't know what it is, but I think the Scandinavians are onto something.

I haven't read much into ice baths but I know it does your body good just from the few times that I have had tried one. Wish I could do it more often.
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2021, 10:14 PM   #2778
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Should try an ice bath. I have a few times and it was worth it. Aches and pains gone just like that. I don't know what it is, but I think the Scandinavians are onto something.

I haven't read much into ice baths but I know it does your body good just from the few times that I have had tried one. Wish I could do it more often.
Not sure I could bring myself to do it, but they sound somewhat beneficial: https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a...bath-benefits/

Maybe just a swim for me.
cosworthfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2021, 08:44 AM   #2779
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

First in line at Palais des Pneus, Tempe.
Old 14-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #2780
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
First in line at Palais des Pneus, Tempe.
had to do a google search to know what you were on about.
Old 16-01-2021, 12:02 AM   #2781
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have dug out the dirt for my lawn edge. It was a lot more hard yakka than I thought it would be. Not perfect by any measure but it is solid ground.

So now I'm trying to decide how much sand and cement I need at 6:1 between 30-40mm. I dug out roughly 65mm.

The lawn edge paver I have is 40mm on the low side and 80mm on the high side.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 16-01-2021 at 12:32 AM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2021, 04:52 PM   #2782
HIPO
Al

Youtube,unsubscribing me from my alternate news channels, on a regular basis.........
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2021, 10:50 PM   #2783
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I have dug out the dirt for my lawn edge. It was a lot more hard yakka than I thought it would be. Not perfect by any measure but it is solid ground.

So now I'm trying to decide how much sand and cement I need at 6:1 between 30-40mm. I dug out roughly 65mm.

The lawn edge paver I have is 40mm on the low side and 80mm on the high side.
To reckon your mortar as a dry quantity, 5/4x measured (calculated) volume plus 10% on top. Or, around 2 tonnes per cube of “wet” volume.
Old 17-01-2021, 11:22 PM   #2784
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

A lot of things actually...

Have a great week guys n' ghouls
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2021, 04:53 PM   #2785
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Bumming around the pool at the lastest housesit with my new little mate.
Little bugger is only 8 months old and full of beans.

There's a Russian Blue cat somewhere around here but yet to be spotted.

Old 18-01-2021, 07:01 PM   #2786
Kicking back

Yarrrr. I can talk like a pirate now. So when i was 16 my dad bought me a new boat. A brand new 2003 stejcraft. So in 2010, because i had a tow vehicle, i towed it the 280km from his place to mine. But he never transferred the rego, he would pay it every year. Not long before he died he sent the signed papers to my brother. He was going a bit loopy and would mix me and my brother up. Even though im heaps better looking. And after my dad passed, his wife again sent the papers to my brother. But today i received them correctly filled out. And i like my boat alot. It was the replacement for the learner burner 93 4.7m stejcraft sunny buoy we got in 99. That boat was in great shape, 60hp 2 stroke on the back. That got upgraded to a 5.3m stejcraft islander with a 220hp sterndrive. So a bit bigger, a lot heavier, and more stable. And before other options, just with the biggest motor option it was 46k. So after other options and going for the bees knees dunbier super roller trailer. It would have been quite the expensive for a 5.3m. Now its claimed to be 5.8m, but doesnt matter what way you measure it, its 5.3m. But its had a dual battery kit added, optional metal flake gell coat, sterio, canopy, power assisted hydraulic steering, rod holders, fish finder (which unfortunately doesnt catch the fish) and a stainless prop. It tops out at 95kmh on phone gps. So it has a bit of go to it. The only reason my old man got a boat licence was because i got a junior boat licence when i was 12, but needed a licenced supervisor. He hated boats, so the fact i was limited to 20 knots, and we never had owned a boat, the sunny was a perfect learner burner. It topped out at 29 knots. But when i turned 16, my licence automatically upgraded to an adult licence. So dad, knowing he would have to sit for hours bobbing around like a cork, he wanted something more comfortable. He was the one who said like tony barber, lets go shopping. And even though my dad was a director of a large mortgage business, his general attitude was you dont stay rich by spending money. So whilst i would have been happy with the base 135hp 4 banger. The salesman said to my old man 'why would you put a daewoo motor in a porsche?'. All the engine options were mercruisers, but you get the saying. So i was astonished when my old man ticked the box for the top offered v6 for 9k.
But, i still love the boat, and now its officially mine.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2021, 02:56 AM   #2787
Kicking back

Well, my last job supplied power tools. And theres been a few times lately around the house where a drill or impact driver would be handy. So obviously i had to return plant equipment when i left my old job. I did have the top of the line makita drill and impact kit, untill my work car got broken into. But it got replaced with mid range makita gear, which was great, but once you've been up the top, you never want to come down. And ive been on the makita train since 2006. The first kit lasted 11 years.
So i went shopping. And though knowing people and personal experience thrashing gear 6 days a week, it was makita again for me. So on the shelves there was just the light or medium duty makita kits. So 3ah or 4ah batteries. And they all were in drill bags. Bags are no good. Drill bits and screws dont take long to poke holes in them. But i saw behind the glass in the display case something, so i asked a staff member to check out a green drill box that was backwards to the sticker. Yep, boo yah, hd premuim makita drill, impact and 2 x 5amp batteries. I also picked up the rest of the associated gear, drill bits, a holesaw kit, screw tips and a few other unrelated tools i needed.
Id like to forget how much i payed, hopefully booze fixes that. Its the impact driver im most excited about.
Old 19-01-2021, 06:27 PM   #2788
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quoting today but I needed to swap the panel van over for the truck for tomorrows quarry run.
Stonework required was on a farm at a place called Mt Meg, Thoona so I decided to make a bit of a circuit out of it.

Being on the side of the mountain the property has nice flat slabs of soft granite laying everywhere at ground surface so thats was a nice suprise.

On leaving I took the scenic route west and headed for Goorambat (past the Silo art) where I could cut across.

Following the Midlands Hwy (towards Shepp) for around 10km before the left turn at Nalinga.

Nalinga is one of only 2 crossing of the Broken river. Nalinga steel is located here and an interesting wrecking yard full of cool stuff.

Turning left takes you straight down to Violet Town via Upotipoton olive oil farm and a large Dingo sanctuary.
After swapping over vehicles the return was straight back up the Hume.

Franco note the slow freeway speed of this 30 year old Jap truck already half loaded with stone.

5 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2021, 06:42 PM   #2789
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Franco note the slow freeway speed of this 30 year old Jap truck already half loaded with stone.
Attacked the dark dash so Mr Cozzo didn't get eyestrain

Old 19-01-2021, 06:53 PM   #2790
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lunch!
Lunch at the Linville Pub made me feel good today.
Nestled up near the foot of Mt Stanley.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: