Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2020, 08:13 AM   #2701
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Feeling a bit seedy today after a bit of a party last night.
So decided to clean all the dust off my collectibles and model cars.
This is how bad it was, hasn't been cleaned in about 7 years, slack I know.
Before.
Nice collection.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #2702
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
He knows fully well that jaycar is my weakness for buying stuff that you dont even know you want. But not today. I had the blinkers on and held back and we just man shopped. So dont get distracted, go straight to what he needed then get out of there.
I have a weakness for 12v Jaycar stuff, but have found the Chinese junk creeping in lately.

Old 20-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #2703
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I have a weakness for 12v Jaycar stuff, but have found the Chinese junk creeping in lately.
Jaycar is probably my favourite place for 12v car stuff. Yeah the quality of a lot of stuff is questionable, but you go in for 1 thing, get that and usually something else. Like when the imobilizer crapped out in my 1st car. I bridged the relays to make the car run so i could atleast go buy a new imobilizer/central locking kit. Walked out also with an auto up kit for the electric windows. That was actually a pretty decent thing. Lock the car with the remote and the windows went up. If you wanted them to stay down, you just locked it with the key instead. Yeah i know more modern cars have seemingly useless features like that, but my 1st car was a 97 model and the ac didnt work. But the window regulators did so it was 4x80 aircon.
The 1 thing my kid pointed out and said dad lets get that... Well, an instant no. It was a $1400 3d printer. His argument was he uses CAD at school. My dad response was cardboard aided design doesnt work with computers.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #2704
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

After a day and half of effort (yesterday was about 12 hours) the garage and garden shed at my rental are essentially empty. I've left the XR8 and the Sea Doo there so that they're not in the way when the furniture gets delivered to the new place. The new garden shed (3.7m x 2.2m) is chockers, but will do until I can get the new shed built in the new year. Garage is also starting to fill up.

Tomoz is about getting small stuff out of the way of the big stuff which the removalists will move for me on Tuesday, which will be the first night in the new house.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 11:22 PM   #2705
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Re-hung some curtains today. They’d destroyed one of those tacky oversized 1970s style wooden rod-and-rings by virtue of substantial weight and demented folks yanking on them.

I bought light commercial grade track and bracketry last week, it arrived way faster than expected. So today was the hanging. Did my calcs, was gutted when they “looked” too close to the floor despite being within 5mm of target.

Thinking tomorrow I’d have to drill out the spaghetti, chemset the holes, drill new ones 20mm higher and re-hang when I observed the track still visible above the curtain top. Messy. So… A quick check and I realised I could use the bottom band of the pleating tape for hooks instead of the middle, this will pick it up almost 25mm AND hide the tracking. Win-win.

If only I could claim it to be good planning!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #2706
Kicking back

Shot up the shop today. I park in the side street, its easier. So i drove in, turned around and an older bloke in an 80s isuzu npr truck was pulling into the street. When cars are parked on both sides, the street isnt wide enough to have 2 cars pass. So i did what you do, pulled over in the space left for a driveway and waved old mate on. This almost turned into a mexican standoff of waving on. Yeah i won. But i had my window down and old mate pulls up beside me and says to me its rare to find a gentleman on the roads, let alone 2. What a great person to have a random encounter with.
Old 22-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #2707
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Shot up the shop today. I park in the side street, its easier. So i drove in, turned around and an older bloke in an 80s isuzu npr truck was pulling into the street. When cars are parked on both sides, the street isnt wide enough to have 2 cars pass. So i did what you do, pulled over in the space left for a driveway and waved old mate on. This almost turned into a mexican standoff of waving on. Yeah i won. But i had my window down and old mate pulls up beside me and says to me its rare to find a gentleman on the roads, let alone 2. What a great person to have a random encounter with.
Funny when that happens on a one lane bridge without give way signs. Good onya.

Old 22-12-2020, 10:46 PM   #2708
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Sitting on a wall in the backyard, listening to Peron’s tree frogs as a balmy breeze wafts over me. Just wonderful.
Old 22-12-2020, 10:56 PM   #2709
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

We had more rain today.

...CB you'd better check the growth on your block, it's rained here twice this week now
Old 22-12-2020, 11:19 PM   #2710
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I know, I know.

Do you want to mow it as a Christmas present for me?
Old 22-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #2711
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I know, I know.

Do you want to mow it as a Christmas present for me?
Hah! I've got a lot of lawn here, and mowing it will never make it into this thread
Old 22-12-2020, 11:49 PM   #2712
stock1991
Limited supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Hah! I've got a lot of lawn here, and mowing it will never make it into this thread
would you guys buy ride on mowers and start a thread?
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2020, 12:53 AM   #2713
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock1991 View Post
would you guys buy ride on mowers and start a thread?
Knowing this forum, it would quickly become a mower measuring contest. It's either that or how much a mower can be modified.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 07:10 AM   #2714
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
What made Gaso feel good was mowing someone elses lawn today.

Old 23-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #2715
leesa

I found my keys still dangling from the bottom of an open padlock that was just hooked over a part of my trailer. Somehow I made it 100km home at 100km/hr without either the keys coming out of the lock or the padlock falling off the trailer. Someone must have been watching over me today!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #2716
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Doing the truck relay shuffle today.
Had a lovely free long country train ride back.
Reach into my pocket to hand over the fare and the condutor says you're right mate, Merry Christmas.

6 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 10:14 PM   #2717
Kicking back

Id been giving my kid challenges all day today. Most took him a long time. But anyhow. We were going out for dinner with my mum. So i set the, well what i thought would be a difficult challenge. My mum is a health nut. So challenge for my kid was cheesy bacon fries as a table entree. We were just at my local. I treat my kid as a little brother, unless he puts a foot out of line. Worst challange ever. My kid says 'grandma, can we get the cheesy bacon fries as an entree?'. And my mum says yes darling. She likes the chips at my local. So sort of a win as they do go well. But i need to work out better challenges for the boy. He is very competitive, which makes things a bit more fun..
Old 23-12-2020, 11:42 PM   #2718
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Good suggestion, something nice to think about at the end of a difficult day. I could definitely go some chips with extra rubbish on top. Melted stringy cheese or even poutine using vegetable gravy.

@leesa - you may not have encountered “captive keying” but it’s pretty handy for situations like yours. Most $30-up padlocks can be configured this way by a locksmith.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 23-12-2020 at 11:48 PM.
Old 24-12-2020, 12:14 AM   #2719
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Good suggestion, something nice to think about at the end of a difficult day. I could definitely go some chips with extra rubbish on top. Melted stringy cheese or even poutine using vegetable gravy.
As good as the cheese and bacon chips are. It was a failed challange from me. Normally, my mum orders a salad for the table or something booring. She normally orders herself a meal that i, or most do not find appetizing. Most notably the portobello burger. And thats just a bunch of vego stuff but no buns, just giant mushrooms as buns. I thought it was a sure fire way for the kid to fail. My mum hates anything cooked in oil, with salt, or anything that tastes any good. She is lactose intolerant, as am i, so i thought that would be the massive no. So yes a sly attempt to stich my kid up on the challenge, but i failed. Wasn't expecting the instant approval.
But in the same way i throw down on my kid, he throws down on me.
Funnily enough, today i was on the phone to the kid and he was doing something on his computer. He says to me guess what number he put in? I said 1000. He got excited and asked how do i know him that well? Well, it was a guess, but i was correct. But dad style, i cannot admit to making a guess, so my dad answer was technically he is half of me.
Old 24-12-2020, 10:47 AM   #2720
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Being home for Christmas...

Playing with the grandkids on Boxing day, 'm looking forward to that
4 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2020, 10:02 PM   #2721
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Twelve days leave!

I never take leave, but I NEEDED it this year.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2020, 10:19 PM   #2722
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Finished re-padding and covering the last two headrests in my project Territory. Interior completion gets closer by the day.

And the lot owner with the leak did a DIY repair with a sharkbite joiner and apparently it’s all fixed.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 24-12-2020 at 10:26 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #2723
Kicking back

I took a punt today. My gas bottle for me bbq has been long empty, and its out of date. Ive been running off the well and truley out of date gas bottle from my brothers rusted out and subsequently disposed of. But the bottle has gas. But as we all know, theres nothing worse then running out of gas mid bbq. The bottle my brother gifted is still ok, has gas. But just incase, i took the punt and got my one filled. By punt i mean it was out of date so there was a chance they would say no.
I dont do the swap and goes. Its cheaper to stand around for 10 minutes or so.
So a decade or so ago, when i lived elsewher, the cheapest place for a 9kg refill would do it for $18. Then they bumped it to $19. In the time since, ive payed the convenience tax from the local. But as it wasnt for convenience, i went to the servo that i wouldnt buy watered down petrol from. But they have elgas tanks. $20 for a 9kg refill. Im sure theres places out there cheaper for bbq juice, but i do know theres places a lot more expensive. Once the one on the bbq runs out and i swap it out, ill try to get that bottle refilled. Dual redundancy.
Cant really complain, no one listens anyways.
Old 26-12-2020, 05:35 PM   #2724
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldn’t waste time getting one filled now,go to the swap n go pick up an in date bottle and pay (usually) less than getting your own old time bomb refilled
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2020, 12:33 PM   #2725
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Waking up to another different view.
30 acre house sit for 3 weeks, looking after 2 lovely doggies, couple of horses, a mad parrot and the largest TV I have ever seen.

7 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2020, 02:04 PM   #2726
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Truck Models and Disney's Frozen toys for Christmas
5 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 08:31 AM   #2727
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m fairly sure this is one of the Forum members. Had a chuckle at it this morning.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pake...ing/1259028594
6 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #2728
Kicking back

Lamb chilli and garlic snags, and porterhouse steak..
Picked my brother up, went to the butchers then to my mums for a bbq that she orginised but forgot about. And theres always the preceeding argument about who gets the meat. Mum always buys overpriced and **** steaks, and weird snags, they taste like turd wrapped in burnt hair.
My brothers local butchers are great, and other then meat, the other thing they know how to do is sting you with their prices. But, its the sort of thing where you are salty from the time you pay till the time you eat. It was something in the realm of $50 for 3 porterhouse steaks, 3 rashers of bacon and 6 snags. But man was it worth it. When it comes to bbqing, you dont argue with me, im cooking. So did the snags on the flat plate to leave behind all the lovely snag grease. Then onto the plate goes baby potatoes, diced bacon and minced garlic. That fries in, and absorbs the snag grease to be an excellent side. The steaks are done on the grill to medium or slightly to medium rare. Nothing more then a bit of salt and pepper. No need to do anything major to a quality steak.
And the way i guage a good steak is if i find myself reaching for the seeded mustard. No need for that.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #2729
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

wagyu steak, cooked on the hibachi, king prawns and all the other healthy ****.
the wagyu is $108 kg, was 8 - 9 MB. Preferred the 6 - 7 MB, the 8 - 9 is hard to eat a lot.
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 08:05 PM   #2730
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Just returned home from a few days away, staying with my sister in her new apartment in Melbourne. So nice to see how happy she is to finally have the keys to something she has worked so hard for.

Was great to get away from it all, the first time I have been out of my town in over 14 months.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: