Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-01-2021, 03:17 PM   #6181
1204016DR
Starter Motor

Cool Den says hello and help

I have a 1997 Ford Transit 2.5 diesel. Great veh except for Engine Mgt unit which has retired. I got a reconditioned one but do not have an OBD scanner to read. Can anyone recommend a compatible scanner. All the ones I have seen do not go back that far.?? Any help much appreciated.. Den
1204016DR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #6182
Bryce Clark
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Folks, Im proud owner of 1999 Falcon Ute. First Falcon of my 70 years and enjoying learning about its quirks. We had trouble with the A/C but found it difficult to get a mechanic to look at it. So ended up goiung on a 800 km holiday trip when the temp went up to 42 degrees. Cuting it short I decided to attack the problem myself. Oh HELL. Taking the dash out is a nightmare - still one screw I simply cannot get to. I found my sledge hammer so about to see if that will work. I then decided I'd attack it from under the bonnet and am waiting on a guy to call in and catch the gas for me before I dislodge the pipes.
Anyway its a bit of a blast for me so I'll see how I go.

I have not been able to get a workshop manual for my model (manufactured July 1999 comercial) so any suggestions on sourcing a manual would be appreciated

Last edited by Bryce Clark; 28-01-2021 at 10:40 AM. Reason: An important detail
Bryce Clark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2021, 12:00 PM   #6183
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce Clark View Post
Hi Folks, Im proud owner of 1999 Falcon Ute. First Falcon of my 70 years and enjoying learning about its quirks. We had trouble with the A/C but found it difficult to get a mechanic to look at it. So ended up goiung on a 800 km holiday trip when the temp went up to 42 degrees. Cuting it short I decided to attack the problem myself. Oh HELL. Taking the dash out is a nightmare - still one screw I simply cannot get to. I found my sledge hammer so about to see if that will work. I then decided I'd attack it from under the bonnet and am waiting on a guy to call in and catch the gas for me before I dislodge the pipes.
Anyway its a bit of a blast for me so I'll see how I go.

I have not been able to get a workshop manual for my model (manufactured July 1999 comercial) so any suggestions on sourcing a manual would be appreciated
Hi Bryce and welcome to AFF.

You'll find workshop manuals in the Tech Resources section (at the top of each page)

Also try the AU-BF Forum https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30 as well as the AU Falcon.com section https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241 in the Forum Community Car Clubs area
Old 29-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #6184
Robdog
Starter Motor

Hi All
Ive just purchased aa 2007 fiesta xr4.
Thought i would join the forum and share any tips and tricks i find and hopefully get assistance from the more experienced owners if needed.
Cheers
Robdog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2021, 02:56 PM   #6185
Pacerman
Starter Motor

Hi Ford fans - another newbie here - finally - I signed myself up on the USA forum yesterday, but that isn't unusual for an old fart.

I have been running Pajero's for a few years as a 'one car family outfit' and found them marvellous for towing the 2.9 ton van - absolute seamless gear changes and same punch as the Ranger, but longed all the time to get back to a ute. So now the better half has inherited her dad's vehicle I took the plunge on the Ranger early last year. Takes a bit of getting used to the bells and whistles and the extra gear change, but the only complaint so far is it gets a bit lopsided.

I shall post a query shortly.

Happy travelling to all - we are fortunate we have a lot of territory to run about in the west and we can still get to our favourite part of it - the kimberley - unreal country.

Cheers - Phil (Yep Phil 'n Jill on the Exploroz forum - Old Postie on Pajero forum - very modest contributors from lack of mechanical knowledge.)
Pacerman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2021, 04:06 PM   #6186
Jen84
Starter Motor

Hi there , newbie from Tasmania here.
I have a 2010 mondeo tdci. Recently had the injectors and leak off pipes replaced due to a leak. The leak off valves keep popping out . Any ideas on how we can stop this .
Jen84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2021, 04:54 PM   #6187
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen84 View Post
Hi there , newbie from Tasmania here.
I have a 2010 mondeo tdci. Recently had the injectors and leak off pipes replaced due to a leak. The leak off valves keep popping out . Any ideas on how we can stop this .
Hi Jen and welcome to AFF.

Check out the Mondeo Forum......

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=225
Old 01-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #6188
scott69
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday everyone,, Scott here from Albion Park NSW. I have a 2018 Everest Trend, 2 ltr bi turbo 10 speed auto diesel.
thanks for letting me in
scott69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #6189
Jinky10
Starter Motor

Hi there and thanks for letting me join.

Currently looking at purchasing a Ranger ute and keen to learn about what good and what you would need to look out for.

Any advise or links I should look at first would be a great help. The vehicle is for work and camping.
Jinky10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2021, 07:11 AM   #6190
BAM BAM 65
Starter Motor

Hi Folks,
Thanks for letting me join as have had a soft spot for Fords with my father owning a 65 Galaxie with a 390 and learnt to drive in the family 302 4 sp XB Fairmont wagon.
Can someone please advise where the Buy /Sell section is ?
Thanks again a have a good one.
Cheers Brian.
BAM BAM 65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2021, 12:44 PM   #6191
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM BAM 65 View Post
Hi Folks,
Thanks for letting me join as have had a soft spot for Fords with my father owning a 65 Galaxie with a 390 and learnt to drive in the family 302 4 sp XB Fairmont wagon.
Can someone please advise where the Buy /Sell section is ?
Thanks again a have a good one.
Cheers Brian.
Hi Bam Bam and welcome to AFF.

The sales yard is at the bottom on the main page, however before anything can be posted for sale there you need a minimum 25 posts.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #6192
Howard Tiddy
Starter Motor

Hi Team
very new to forums I am.
Would love to get hold of a Phiilips Premium radio for My 82 LTD....
ta

Howard Tiddy
Howard Tiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2021, 07:20 AM   #6193
BAM BAM 65
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Welcome to AFF Howard.
Hope someone has what you want.
Good Luck.
BAM BAM 65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #6194
feverpitch
Starter Motor

hi guys im new here thought id join up and see if i can get some genuine imformation to keep my cars running100% as im new im just learning how to navigare my way atound the site so please bear with me
feverpitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2021, 11:11 AM   #6195
Bf III 4.0
Starter Motor

Hey guys and girls I’m new to the site I have a bf Series 3 2009 my 2nd Ford owned

I do have a issue with my falcon wagon my abs and traction lights are on the fault code is c1178 as it says:left speed sensor coherency fault
I have replaced the speed sensor and it didn’t fix it I’ve done a live data and both rear speed sensors are reading the same speed any help would be greatly appreciated

Chris
Bf III 4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2021, 11:59 AM   #6196
NZ Carl
Starter Motor

Gday gents,

Carl here, an ex-pat Yank living in Auckland. Recently had an early-onset midlife crisis and bought a 2021 Ranger FX4 Max and added a flat deck so that me and the lady can cruise around with our Tommy Camper on the back (you Aussie fellas sure know how to build an alloy camper).

Can't wait to get 'Flint' (our Ranger) into the bush!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (98.4 KB, 7 views)
NZ Carl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #6197
xcf6100
Starter Motor

G day
I found my demister flap in my SY TX not operating so started to dismantle bezel etc but turned back when it got too difficult,
Considering drilling a hole in the centre of the dash to access the flap.
Any ideas on a quick fix for broken flap/motor.?
Can later models have hin unit changed without removing dash?
KEN
xcf6100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2021, 07:25 PM   #6198
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcf6100 View Post
G day
I found my demister flap in my SY TX not operating so started to dismantle bezel etc but turned back when it got too difficult,
Considering drilling a hole in the centre of the dash to access the flap.
Any ideas on a quick fix for broken flap/motor.?
Can later models have hin unit changed without removing dash?
KEN
Welcome to AFF Ken, have you checked out the Territory Forums?

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 10-02-2021, 09:14 PM   #6199
feverpitch
Starter Motor

Post Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

hi guys i have a very unusual problen with my ba,something id normally put down to wheel balance but its not that because ive had them balanced three times put the back wheels on the front no diference checked wheel bearings they ok checked rotos dito,this viabration coming through the steering wheel from about 65-70 klh then goes away at 100,took calipers off today everything was fine took it for a drive same thing still happening, any one ever had this problem oh and btw the cars never been in a prang so its nothing like that either,id be so grateful if any one can steer me in the tight direction
feverpitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2021, 09:41 PM   #6200
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by feverpitch View Post
hi guys i have a very unusual problen with my ba,something id normally put down to wheel balance but its not that because ive had them balanced three times put the back wheels on the front no diference checked wheel bearings they ok checked rotos dito,this viabration coming through the steering wheel from about 65-70 klh then goes away at 100,took calipers off today everything was fine took it for a drive same thing still happening, any one ever had this problem oh and btw the cars never been in a prang so its nothing like that either,id be so grateful if any one can steer me in the tight direction
Wrong forum, this is the area for new members to introduce themselves.

You need the AU-BF Forum.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 17-02-2021, 03:00 AM   #6201
jethro
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday! Gday to everyone

Hey there im looking for wiring diagrams and pinout of the printed circuit for the instrument cluster for ford F350 1978 /79 because all the ones I have found nothing matches up i have a 11wires plug to the cluster the ones i have found are for 14/18 wire plugs so i have come across some specs on these bits an pieces trucks i think the instrument cluster is out of a 1978/79 TE/TD Cortina an the steering column is out of a XD falcon so I need to identify the wires from the instrument cluster an the indicator switch an ignition switch so i can connect them to the new wiring harness i have any information would be greatly appreciated
jethro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2021, 05:52 AM   #6202
diesal
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Im Todd,from NSW Central Coast,ive been here before but along time ago,im hoping i can get some help or advice on a issue i have with my FG XR6,heres the run down.
Its done 218560 ks,i do the service on it,but until recently,i started to notice my transmission was acting strange,so i went against fords theory,saying its a non serviceable item,and wow,when i did it,it was dark brown to black,i had to replace the pan,as the genuine one had no sump nut,i got a new pan and filter in with it,and replaced it,with new fluid,all seemed ok when i started to drive it,but just before i did the changeing of the fluid i noticed that when driving say up and around the 70 to 80 k mark,it was going back into 3 or 2nd gear,once i put my foot down a bit more it would go back to 5th and eventually 6th.
So now that ive done the service on the tranny,nothing much has changed,i also was told that the fg came out with a factory fitted transmission cooler,so i need not worry about a milkshake,but what i am worried about is the transmission itself,its doing my head in,any ideas with whats going on,and if anyone else has had this happen to them,any feed back would be much appreaciated,todd.
diesal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2021, 02:30 PM   #6203
Sean87
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey, I'm Sean. Just purchased my second falcon. It is a 1997 EL XR8 Falcon Option 20 (Ex police). It was an absolute mess when I got it, still is really..... I look forward to sharing the build/restoration with you all and hopefully learn a few things along the way. Can't wait to get stuck into it and some day drive it.
Sean87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2021, 07:33 PM   #6204
Stubo0179
Starter Motor

Hey guys and gals my name is Stuart, first post and first ford ever. Bought a 2020 Everest with bi-turbo. Still waiting on it... But hope to get all the good info from you guys. Cheers
Stubo0179 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2021, 01:55 PM   #6205
ImTheRealSlayer
I'm making the Forte Ghia

hey guys, first post here! I've got a 2001 AU Falcon Forte that i'm working on turning into the best forte in the district. A lot of things are planned (and i've got some stuff done too!) but there's a lot more to be done that's outside my scope. Well, i'm counting on you guys to help me make my dream a reality!
ImTheRealSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2021, 09:11 PM   #6206
RACECRAFT2.0
Starter Motor

Long time away,

New business venture underway and trying to remember what I posted years ago
RACECRAFT2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2021, 04:54 PM   #6207
Barnee63
Starter Motor

Hi All, Just joined up! I have a 2000 AU XLS ute (work car) and a 1963 XL Falcon currently being reassembled in my garage. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is involved with. Cheers Rob
Barnee63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #6208
T3-STROKER
AU.OUTLAW

G'Day all . Haven't posted in here for many moon is there a site on here that shows how to upload pics and so on ?? Thanks
Old 25-02-2021, 07:53 PM   #6209
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3-STROKER View Post
G'Day all . Haven't posted in here for many moon is there a site on here that shows how to upload pics and so on ?? Thanks
Try Postimage. https://postimages.org
Old 04-03-2021, 12:02 AM   #6210
KillianC
Starter Motor

Hi all!
Great forum you guys have here for the Ford enthusiast! Hoping to get some knowledge and maybe a few meets along the way! Located in Perth, looking forward to it
KillianC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post