Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 27-04-2022, 10:14 PM   #1
Fee
Starter Motor

Default 2004 BA XR6 window & door seals etc

Hi all
Looking for help please. Need to replace my door seals & want to do all at the same time - unfortunately I’m at a loss as to where I can purchase replacement seals.
I also need to replace both interior rear door arm rests (handles) as they have just snapped off when my son was closing the doors (no he’s not the hulk 😁) - do I need to replace the whole door card or can the arm rests be replaced on their own? And any ideas on where to purchase these? I have tried numerous sites with no success.
Many thanks 😊
Fee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2022, 10:41 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2004 BA XR6 window & door seals etc

Are you referring to the door seals on the actual door or on the door opening on the body. I can help you get on door seals, the on body ones are no longer available. What month 2004 is your vehicle as the door seals changed in 11/2004.

As for the door handle its part of the door trim and not sold separate although I do believe you can change them if you get a good second hand door trim and swap them over. Look on eBay, wreckers, gum tree FB pages etc.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2022, 02:53 PM   #3
Fee
Starter Motor

Thanks GT Legend - I’m fairly sure my car is March 2004 build - how much for the on door seals?
I will keep looking around the usual traps for the door handle - they seem to be as rare as tits on a bull 😂
Thanks again
Old 28-04-2022, 07:47 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Thanks GT Legend - I’m fairly sure my car is March 2004 build - how much for the on door seals?
I will keep looking around the usual traps for the door handle - they seem to be as rare as tits on a bull 😂
Thanks again
Would need to confirm as some need to be sourced via old dealer stock but below is a guide:

RHF $140
LHF only the 11/2004 on is available, Your one is obsolete.
RHR $110
LHR $160
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2022, 09:21 PM   #5
Fee
Starter Motor

Thanks GT Legend - will confirm soon - car is presently at my mechanic getting a heart transplant 😩💙