Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-09-2021, 05:22 PM   #1
Mondeo Man
Starter Motor

Default Filters

Hi just got a Mondeo 2007 petrol Zetec auto and I am wondering where the oil filter and fuel filters are on it and f you had any pics to show locations would be great thanks. Trivial question but important to me.
Thank you for any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Mondeo Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Filters

You haven't said which engine as Zetec was a marketing name used for two different variants of the Duratec engine.

Anyway - assuming it's not the MA model Mondeo but the previous 2004-2007 model with the 2.0L Zetec branded engine - engine code CJB (using Ryco parts):

Oil Filter - most likely the Z32 but some were fitted with a cartridge type rather than spin on and that is R2604P. See if you can find any numbers on the old one as there were some that got a different filter again (RST219) and this is also a spin on filter but it has 14 flutes.

Fuel Filter - Z747.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-09-2021, 10:17 AM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

A VIN number will clarify exactly what you have..we can get more accurate part numbers from that.
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2021, 10:33 AM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

If you're not sure where they filters are located investing in a Haynes Manual would be a good idea.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #5
Mondeo Man
Starter Motor

Ill put vin on soon as I get back home thanks all for replies greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:04 PM   #6
Mondeo Man
Starter Motor

Thanks again for ypour help.
VIN.... WF0DXXGBBD7J13980
Thanks again can you just tell me roughly where the fuel filter is and I will look into getting workshop manual a Haynes as you recommended thanks.
I usually do all when I get a car oil,air,fuel, probably do cabin filters too but not as important as the other three just now...
Looking forward to reply.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:00 PM   #7
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

2.3L Duratec HE engine, will be at the front of the vehicle down the bottom, so access it from underneath the front bumper. Spin on so it seems.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:01 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

So based on that VIN the vehicle has a 2.3L Duratec HE engine and 6 Speed Auto.

Oil filter can be either cartridge part number AFL6MC (can get for approx $16) or spin on AFL4 (apprix $15). You will need to check which one you have as it does not specify exactly.

This model does not have a replaceable fuel filter as such, it is integral in the fuel pump.
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2021, 06:59 AM   #9
Mondeo Man
Starter Motor

Thank for the info greatly appreciated indeed cant thank you all enough. Ill get onto it now and get the service done. Have a little peace of mind.
Thanks again these forums are a world of info from kind and generous people full of knowledge.
Thank you all.
3 users like this post: