Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LZ Focus Auto

Hi All,

I'm looking at trading my MD Mondeo in for something smaller (Don't need the large car as the second car any longer! Everest is the family transport) and looking at a LZ Focus.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to what to look out for? Major problems etc.

I know some of the dry clutch powershifts were a problem <LW, but LZ has a torque converter so shouldn't be as big of an issue.

Thanks,

Martin

P.s. Mondeo best car I have ever owned - shame its only done 42k!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #2
CatonaPC©

Default Re: LZ Focus Auto

I'd skip LZ and look for an SA; much better car.

In any case, the LZ has proven reliable. Only rare issue is water coolant leaking and in one case, I heard, the entire engine had to be replaced.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Re: LZ Focus Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
I'd skip LZ and look for an SA; much better car.
In a flash i would. Wife doesn't want the rotary dial.

She won't drive the mondeo, says its too big. But she drives the Everest.... I want the everest, so i gotta get what she wants 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LZ sounds like a decent option.
Old 20-08-2021, 03:06 PM   #4
PeCo
Starter Motor

I have a 2016 LZ Focus Titanium. It's a fantastic car and has been totally reliable - no issues whatsoever. I'll be getting a new car soon (possibly a Focus ST) and will be sad to see the LZ Focus go as it's such a great car to drive and is so well appointed.
PeCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2021, 04:39 PM   #5
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeCo View Post
I have a 2016 LZ Focus Titanium. It's a fantastic car and has been totally reliable - no issues whatsoever. I'll be getting a new car soon (possibly a Focus ST) and will be sad to see the LZ Focus go as it's such a great car to drive and is so well appointed.
Yeah. I think they are pretty balanced in many ways.

I'm toying with the idea of a Puma as well, but haven't looked at them yet.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 29-08-2021, 10:03 AM   #6
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I put 129000 on my 2015 LZ before I traded it.
Needed regular wheel alignments, and was probably overdue for new shocks when I traded it.
Had no issues with it brakes were still good usually did them at 150000 had a few different model Focus.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2021, 11:06 PM   #7
Fordhill
Starter Motor

I have been on my LZ over 3 years and have done over 25K.I would highly recommend you go for it. I too do not like the dial on SA and hence why I went over to LZ
Fordhill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post