Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #1
ateram2000
Starter Motor with LTD

Default Ford Fiesta Fusebox

Hi All.

It's a 2010 WS Zetec (4-speed Auto 5-door hatch), so something's got to be good.

I'm trying to figure out why the "Cigar" lighter in this car does NOT work. First, it had no lighter plug, so I got a new one - nothing. I tried one from another car - still NOTHING. But BOTH of them work in that other car.

I checked the fuse box, as the manual says it's fuse #22 and it takes a 20A fuse. I can see two 20A fuses in the box - and what a place to put it - but where does the numbering start from??? I suspected from the lower LH corner in the picture posted below, but then the next two fuses "don't look right". Can somebody please explain.

Ta.

Fusebox of 20120 Fiesta WS Zetec...
IMG_20211016_112228aclr by Am Eerat, on Flickr
ateram2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Ford Fiesta Fusebox

This for WS built up to 3/2010, if it s after this will need to get it for you.

WS Fuse Box.PNG
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. To start with you need to check the lighter socket with a test light. When ford stopped putting ash trays in their car the "lighter" socket changed to a "power outlet". You will find that it will have a brass pin in the centre of the socket but no claw to engage with the edge of the lighter insert. It should work with most phone chargers and nav systems but if you plug in something like a car vac cleaner or compressor it may blow the fusible kink on the back of the socket before it pops the fuse in the fuse box. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2021, 07:56 PM   #4
ateram2000
Starter Motor with LTD

Ta, guys.
I will check the picture with mine (a bit small without enlarging it). Since posting the first post, I found a blown 20A fuse, so I suspect that's the one for the lighter/power socket. Tomorrow I'm getting some assorted spare fuses.

Thanks.
ateram2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post