Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 13-10-2021, 07:34 AM   #1
tel408
Your converter do this!

Default Blu tooth

Wife has a 2002 kq laser and wanted to know what hands free blue tooth kits are great to use in her car for taking phone calls. Thanks

A1 Performance Torque Converters
tel408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Blu tooth

Depends what you want. I like the Jabra units for their clean interface that just shows you who is calling and the quality of the audio as they use their own speaker but they do have to be installed.

There are a range of other units - some just a simple sunvisor mount with a built in speaker that require no installation through to FM units that use a frequency on the FM radio and often can make use of other phone capabilities like streaming music.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you want something cheap and effective the Bluetooth FM Transmitters do a great job. The just broadcast whatever they receive via bluetooth to a selectable FM frequency of your choice.

I bought one for Dad 3 or 4 years ago and he cant live without it. Apart from using it as a handsfree phone device he plays his internet radio through it morning and evening.

This is not specifically the one I got for Dad, but looks exactly the same.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/403071128169

It functions as a handsfree very well. Microphone quality is about the same as the old Nokia kits I used to have. Sound reproduction is pretty good too.

Although they can be a little hit and miss. I got one that looks almost the same as Dads and while it still does a great job the sound reproduction isn't as good. Is a little bit tinny. But it only cost me $14 so no worry, I'll replace it with something better at some stage.

Jump on ebay and search for "fm bluetooth transmitter" and you'll get a ton of responses and different styles for between $10 and $25.

If you want something quicker locally, Jaycar and places like that sell them. But expect to pay $40 to $50 mark.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #4
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Depends what you want. I like the Jabra units for their clean interface that just shows you who is calling and the quality of the audio as they use their own speaker but they do have to be installed.

There are a range of other units - some just a simple sunvisor mount with a built in speaker that require no installation through to FM units that use a frequency on the FM radio and often can make use of other phone capabilities like streaming music.
Ok thanks. It’s just purely to receive phone calls. I’ll look into it 👍🏾

A1 Performance Torque Converters
tel408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post