Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Ben85

Default Stripes

Looking at putting stripes on my 2006 Sea Grey Zetec.

These are the stripes i was looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....id=p2759.l1259

But i'm not sure whether to get Black or Silver stripes? I'm leaning towards black to stay with the theme i've kinda of got going, dark/menacing. I think the Silver ones would just stick out like dogs balls a bit, which isnt really wat im looking for. Looking for more of a subtle addition. Any thoughts?

Thanx

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Zetec Dave

Definately go for the black stripes. Matches the wheels and won't make your car stick out like a penguin on a pogo stick :
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
Any thoughts?
Leave it as is mate .. looks schmick! ... that's what I reckon.

Very nice Fez indeed.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Ben85

Thanx for the comments guys. Yea i reckon it look pretty good, but i think the stripes will be the finishing touch. Along with slotted disc's and painted calibers, and xenon headlights!!!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 29-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Xenon Headlights look AWESOME on the WQ IMHO. Some people really hate them look of them, but I for one think they look the tits. Get some blacked out tail lights (the red stands out like dog balls!) and the stripes and that thing would look sweet mate. I'd personally go with the silver stripes, something a little different and would really make the car stand out that bit more, but the blakc stripes work for me too!

Top looking rig (mudflaps excluded!!!!).
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #6
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

i reckon black stripes :sm_headba
I like those wolf stripes, silver would also look good, but blacks the go if you don't want them to stick out.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

What type of stripes are you looking for? the xr4 type or something a little different? (sorry i can't access e-bay from work)

I've found that you should try to keep a car in 2 colours. In your case, primary is dark silver and secondary is black so I would be recomending you go with the black stripes.

The silver (i'm assuming it is a light silver) would look good but would be a mismatch with the black wheels.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
09 FG XR8 UTE

Default RE:Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85

These are the stripes i was looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....id=p2759.l1259

But i'm not sure whether to get Black or Silver stripes? I'm leaning towards black to stay with the theme i've kinda of got going, dark/menacing. I think the Silver ones would just stick out like dogs balls a bit, which isnt really wat im looking for. Looking for more of a subtle addition. Any thoughts?

Thanx
Hot car u got there, I reckon go with the black stripes, Im keeping the same theme with my ute, just 2 colours overall, so I reckon black striping to match ur wheels will be sweet.

goodluck
09 FG XR8 UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I'd say go with the black stripes - they would be more subtle, and in keeping with your monochromatic theme.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Talking about stripes.........yesterday I was out the back of Sinclair Ford, Penrith at their detailing shed etc. and spotted a couple of NEW Fiesta's being fitted with stripes that looked conspicuously like FG GT Stripes! They looked pretty good i.m.h.o.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Talking about stripes.........yesterday I was out the back of Sinclair Ford, Penrith at their detailing shed etc. and spotted a couple of NEW Fiesta's being fitted with stripes that looked conspicuously like FG GT Stripes! They looked pretty good i.m.h.o.
That is nothing without photos!!!!!!
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
Ben85

Just ordered my stripes, i went with the black ones. Will post some pics when i have them fitted. Thanx for those who left me some feedback, much appreciated.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Sweet can't wait to see it.

Did you end up going overheads, side stripes or both?
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #14
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Looking forward to seeing the final product
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Sweet can't wait to see it.

Did you end up going overheads, side stripes or both?
I went with both. Oh and i ordered my slotted/cross drilled Disc's as well. Next is the Xenon Headlights

Old 03-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #16
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "That is nothing without photos"

Point taken.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #17
crispymk2

Saw this one the other week...

Stripes are ok but the fake xr4 badges let it down. At least buy the real xr4 badges!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #18
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Point taken.
Not trying to be a rude bastard LOL! _2:

Yeah those bumper protectors certainly make it look sweet too! I quite like the stripes though.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispymk2
Saw this one the other week...

Stripes are ok but the fake xr4 badges let it down. At least buy the real xr4 badges!

OMG! ... that is just so wrong .. 88kw XR4 Wannabe ..

Why do people even do that? .. there is no WS XR4 and quite possibly never will be .. even if Ford did release a new ST whether we would actually see it over here is quite another thing altogether ... we all know it took Ford Australia practically forever to bring the Fez ST over here! ... 3 years after it was released everywhere else!

I see that mess has WA plates on it, hope you see him on the road sometime Crispy and show him what a "real XR4" can do! ... :evil3:
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
Ben85

I agree mate, i really dont understand over badging a car!!!!

I can see the point in under badging it, we use to have a Berlina badged commodore, but the entire mechanics were an SS and it was worked to the hilt, Clubsports really hated it when they got blown off by it!!! Haha!!!!! It was so funny!!!