Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default Cheap ED XR8 Sprint on EBAY!

Hey guys here is a god pick up if Iever saw one.
I do believe this is a forum member. And the reserve price has not been met hopefully its not $14.500.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-ED-XR8-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
Maximus
ED XR6

I think that might be one of the guys off the forums? The pictures look familiar. I'd love to own a sprint!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
mooseman

yeh definately seen the pics before.
mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
AUTickford
XD197

Haha why even waste anyones time with a bid of 3150,the dudes trying to sell his car so why not do a serious bid.I wouldnt even sell my eb ghia v8 with sprint wheels for 3150. :
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Damn, that looks immac
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #6
BLDNUT01

i,ve seen in on here too could be in the show n shine bit not a bad car though
Old 22-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #7
89 S-PACK

ive seen the pics before too. he is a member has posted stuff i think about the body kits they came with. and its in sunbury victoria

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
mhoward736
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTickford
Haha why even waste anyones time with a bid of 3150,the dudes trying to sell his car so why not do a serious bid.I wouldnt even sell my eb ghia v8 with sprint wheels for 3150. :
It's worth what people are prepared to pay for it and outside E Series fanatics like us $14,500 is more than a good small NEW car with a warranty and at least 5 years untroubled motoring + the lower fuel bills.

It's 13 years old and you could buy an '04 BA for around that sort of money these days.

Your average punter is going to see it as a '94 Falcon and compare it to the other '94 Falcons and say it should be worth less than 6K whatever we might want to think our cars are worth.

Still a shmik looking ride though and I wouldn't mind having it in my driveway.
mhoward736 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL... Yep she's mine.. I've been around here for some time..
Realisticly I am looking for $13,500 for it.

It cracks me up re the people that bid $3,500 for a car that is clearly worth more than that. Will see how high it goes.

As for Mhoward736. Beuty is in the eye of the beholder. Who would have thought a grubby old XY ute barely running would catch more than $500 a few years ago. They catch $5000+ these days, let along a XB V8 of any veriety.. Basiclly the Sprint WILL be worth something in the years to come. They are basicly in the GT / T series leage and the prices will only go up now that most XW,XY,XA,XB, XC's are all sold and or prices are through the roof. :

If I could keep it I would and the way things are going I probably will.. Its always a joy to get out of the Territory and into the Sprint for some "Spirited - Sprint" driving. Shes no BA, but it goes OK for a stock '94 top O the line 94 Falcon flag ship.. : :
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdennis
LOL... Yep she's mine.. I've been around here for some time..
Realisticly I am looking for $13,500 for it.

It cracks me up re the people that bid $3,500 for a car that is clearly worth more than that. Will see how high it goes.

As for Mhoward736. Beuty is in the eye of the beholder. Who would have thought a grubby old XY ute barely running would catch more than $500 a few years ago. They catch $5000+ these days, let along a XB V8 of any veriety.. Basiclly the Sprint WILL be worth something in the years to come. They are basicly in the GT / T series leage and the prices will only go up now that most XW,XY,XA,XB, XC's are all sold and or prices are through the roof. :

If I could keep it I would and the way things are going I probably will.. Its always a joy to get out of the Territory and into the Sprint for some "Spirited - Sprint" driving. Shes no BA, but it goes OK for a stock '94 top O the line 94 Falcon flag ship.. : :
Its mint mate, if it needs to be explained to someone then they are not worth your time.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #11
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTickford
But if someone can pick it up for that price, then why would they bid any more? I know if i could pick up a car for $4000 i wouldnt offer more, that would be silly
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post