Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #1
Aaron

Default WQ Fiesta Retrofit Auto Headlights and Wipers

This post is a more detailed breakdown of the process and parts needed to enable Factory Automatic Windscreen Wipers and Automatic Headlights to a WQ Fiesta.

It draws heavily on the exploration and research done in these threads:

WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

and

WQ Fiesta XR4 Diagnostics/OBD2 Reverse Engineering

I have not provided specific or absolute part numbers because there are actually quite a few variations of the parts that will be suitable, and doing this sort of conversion will require some commonsense and your results may vary.

* Note: After going through the hardware changes you will need to enable the features in the GEM and that will require a tool such as Forscan and appropriate license and OBD2 cable.

What you need:
- Fiesta/Mondeo/Focus Rain/Light Sensor
- Wiring harness that supports the rain sensor
- Rear view mirror with post to attach the Sensor covers
- Rain/Light Sensor covers
- Headlight Switch with "Auto" position.

In addition to the Ford hardware you'll need to be able to create a light mask on the inside of the windscreen over the area the sensor covers cover, it will need a "window" for the sensor too.

I found that most of the rain sensors don't come with a mounting bracket and many have a damaged gel pad. Mounting can be done with a new adhesive style Gel pad, OR you can bend some simple brackets from ABS.

I bought a kit of used parts via eBay for around AUD150 delivered.

When this arrived I realised I should replace the glass portion of the mirror due to aging, but luckily the posts and mirrors can be interchanged.

The mirror post needs to have these clips on it to attach the sensor covers. If you google the mirror Part number (014276) you'll find it resolves to different part numbers based on the car, so make sure you specify it's going into a car with Rain sensor.

TBC
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post