Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 29-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 
Default Why only the last 75 days of posts shown by default?

I hate it when you go to somewhere like a sub-category of the technical documents and there are no threads shown, because by default it only shows posts from the last 75 days.
Can the default be changed to show all? There is often only a couple of pages of threads in total, so show all is not that many threads.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Why only the last 75 days of posts shown by default?

You control the default for your profile in your user control panel. The link for the UserCP is in the top navbar and you can set it to show all.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #3
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB View Post
... by default it only shows posts from the last 75 days.
Can the default be changed to show all? There is often only a couple of pages of threads in total, so show all is not that many threads.
I didn't even relaise that was the default

Yes it can be changed.

Go to your User Control Panel (User CP from the title bar (in yellow) on the far left.

On the LHS panel under Settings & Options choose Edit Options.

In the boxed area titled Thread Display Options the last option is Default Thread Age Cut Off;

From the drop down select anything from Show thread from the: last day through to Show All Thread (which I use).

You might want to alter how many posts display per page while you are there also.

I hope all that makes sense.

Cheers, Raptor

[Edit] Russ beat me to it while I was adding all that useful extra detail
Old 29-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Thanks guys. Some how i overlooked that setting in the user cp.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post