Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default AU XR High Beam - 5 1/2" OR 5 3/4"?

As above, does anyone know for sure what diameter the high beam headlight is?

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Not sure, but to avoid breaking one from rocks etc in future, try Liteskinz - they are great!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
ronwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Not sure, but to avoid breaking one from rocks etc in future, try Liteskinz - they are great!
Yeah, I think it was you who put me onto Liteskinz for the driving lights in the Brumby bar. Excellent stuff, well worth the price.

I've noticed a crack in the lens of one of my xr hi beams (don't think it was there when I bought them but may have been) so I'm thinking of adapting an aftermarket head light insert (landing light type) to suit.

Shouldn't be too difficult to rig up something to allow adjusters but I'm buggered if I can get in there to measure the lights accurately.

So, question remains.... anyone got one that they can measure accurately for me?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
So, question remains.... anyone got one that they can measure accurately for me?
Well this one here in me hot little hand is 5 1/4" inside lip and 5 3/4" to the outside edge ..

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Well this one here in me hot little hand is 5 1/4" inside lip and 5 3/4" to the outside edge ..
He was asking about the light Whoosha! And put that away; this is a public forum!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
5L
[ 5L ]

hahahaha
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

MMM my bad this happens when ya get old :
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
toolchick01
Now with an AU XR6

I will have a pair of XR high and low beams for sale soon. Passenger side low beam has a massive crack in it and drivers side low beam it a bit dirty inside, but both the high beams are fine. PM if interested.

1999 AU1 XR6 VCT - Now with a momo steering wheel!
Manual - 18" Koya Race Tek's Black with polished lip - Lowered - Series 2 tail lights - Pioneer P80 Head Unit - Clarion Front 6" Splits - JL 5x7's Rear Coaxials - Clarion 4x90w RMS amp - Clarion DPX1800 800w RMS mono - 2 Clarion PXW1251 400w RMS 12" subs

Team Deck Chair Member ............ Once you sit down, you'll never stand up.
toolchick01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #9
ronwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolchick01
I will have a pair of XR high and low beams for sale soon. Passenger side low beam has a massive crack in it and drivers side low beam it a bit dirty inside, but both the high beams are fine. PM if interested.
Thanks for that.
I'm interested to see if I can easily modify an aftermarket light but if I end up putting a hammer into it I'll be in touch

Thanks for the measurements Whoosha. At least I know what to chase up. I'll probably look for lights, as well...