Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
plzhelpmeiamnew
illiterate with cars

Default wheres all my engine oil?

series 1 au falcon, 360,000k
engine oil dissapears after 2000 km, dipstick always shows about 3 inches of oil.
Have not seen any leaking on the ground when parked, tried adding higher viscosity oil like 20~50, tried adding additives, nothing i've tried has helped.

i was thinking maybe get an engine rebuild? i just dont know what to do, im worried.

plzhelpmeiamnew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

is it blowing smoke???

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
plzhelpmeiamnew
illiterate with cars

only in the morning, i drive it every morning to work at 5:30am, during the day i see no smoke.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Is it the original donk ?

If you were to replace it...
Depending where you go, you'd pick up a second hand or a reco motor cheap enough.
Some parts places even do a drive in, drive out system.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
RACE38
Wagooon Master

Ummmmmmm plz,
You don't by any chance live up around Mooloolabah do you???

There was a Falcon going the other way yesterday blowing more smoke than PUFF the TRAGIC WAGON, and more Rattles than a Millionaires baby!

Phil

Supporting
St.George Illawarra Dragons :
Street Action Magazine
&
REDCLIFFE DYNO & PERFORMANCE

BLUE TO THE BONE!!! :
RACE38 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:41 PM   #6
plzhelpmeiamnew
illiterate with cars

original engine & victoria!
the reason im asking the forum is because 2 different mechanics, 1x local 1xfranchise mechanics both thought there was nothing wrong with the disappearing oil, they just said stick with the higher oil weight and keep using additives, theres nothing else you can do when the engine has so many km on it.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:49 AM   #7
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzhelpmeiamnew
the reason im asking the forum is because 2 different mechanics, 1x local 1xfranchise mechanics both thought there was nothing wrong with the disappearing oil, they just said stick with the higher oil weight and keep using additives, theres nothing else you can do when the engine has so many km on it.
Had a look under the car? I bet there is a big oily mess under there from an oil leak from the rear main seal. My EL used to use a heap of oil but not burn it or leave any when parked, only time it leaked was whilst driving.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don't get what you mean by disappears?... you said it always shows 3 inches on the dip stick?... so where is it disappearing from?
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
plzhelpmeiamnew
illiterate with cars

wish i could post some pics, just now, popped the bonnet and checked around and underneath the car.

-under the bonnet on the right side of the engine, about 8 inches down,the whole right side looks all dark greasy, is that supposed to be normal. Is it perhaps leaking inside out from there?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #10
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where is the oil disappearing from?...when you say it disappears?.. what do you mean?
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #11
plzhelpmeiamnew
illiterate with cars

i dont know where it disappears from, if the right side of the engine is all dark and greasy does that mean my oil is leaking out from something?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #12
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
i dont know where it disappears from, if the right side of the engine is all dark and greasy does that mean my oil is leaking out from something?
Does the level on your dipstick ever change? If it always shows 3 inches, then that's how much engine oil you have. If the oily mess is on the driver's side of the engine I suggest you check the power steering oil level. I have a very slight leak around the lower PS pipe that tends to get onto the block via the brackets.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Sounds like BS to me. My AU1 has 315,000km up and uses less than half a litre of 5W30 per 10,000k between changes. Have a good look around in this forum & you'll find examples of engines running up to over 900,000km before needing rebuild or replacement.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_xr8
is it blowing smoke???
Mine blows smoke if I stall it up against the brakes then ease them off. Do you think I have a problem?

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 09-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #15
mr_xr8
Capri GT/TS50/GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Mine blows smoke if I stall it up against the brakes then ease them off. Do you think I have a problem?
yes but they are the poor eagle f1's doing the smoking

TS50 Build
mr_xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 01:56 AM   #16
plzhelpmeiamnew
illiterate with cars

hey everyone, i actually didnt know how to read the dipstick correctly, there was no oil disappearing... how amusing.

didnt realise the full marker is low down on the stick, i thought that the oil level up to where it says full was only 3 inches of oil in the engine and that my oil had disappeared, how funny is that, do i make sense.

im so retarded
Old 23-08-2007, 02:11 AM   #17
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Thats the funniest thing ive seen since my little brother put diesel in his Hyundai (he has a diesel patrol and wasnt paying attention to the car he was actually driving) Even my wife can check the oil in her falcon : :

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 03:08 AM   #18
plzhelpmeiamnew
illiterate with cars

oh more funny things, last week i parked on the wrong side of the pump at the station and couldnt pull the hose over to put in my tank and in fustration my hand slipped and it turned on and petrol sprayed like 5 mm from my car onto the ground infront of people in peak hr