Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Water in boot - hatch

There's been a thread on here about water in the boot from opening the hatch. Mine even lets water in when I wash the rear window. Hopeless. Try opening the hatch after it's been raining and watch the water pour in on the groceries, pram other stuff.

So, over on the European Mondeo site, a guy has got a fix from Ford. See here: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...p?pid/1568706/

There is a link below for the full explanation of the saga, and I've been following it for a while.

I believe that this is only really an issue for the first set of cars that were imported. But not sure when the fix was put in. I know mine lets in lots of water, but later ones don't. Mine was an Oct 07 build, and I got it in Jan 08.

Who's up for a bit of calling Ford Customer Service to see if we can get this fix here? Feel free to PM me and we can set up a separate thread with the responses we get from Ford CS and the dealers. Not too sure they will like that, so will probably try to do it to shut us up.

I've used this site and the European site to get the autolocking fitted, so perhaps a bit of agro will get Ford Australia moving.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post