Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Default Reverse Lights

Hey guys,

I noticed in the dark the other night that my reverse lights arent working. Finally got some time today to do a bit of troubleshooting and ive narrowed it down to the reverse light switch on the gearbox. The car is just out of warranty and im failry competent with a spanner and stuff, so i was just wondering for those who own a 2004 Ford Focus repair manual if they could tell me where i could get one and if it has this specific issue inside so that i could fix it myself.

Just throwing this in the water too, has anyone else experienced this issue with an LR Focus?

cheers

Tom

Old 21-12-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

i had a bit of trouble with the bulb holders not locking in place properly.

I found that with the car in reverse, as i started to twist it to take it out, they're come on. then as i screwed it back in, they'd turn off.
Give that a go before you go rooting around in the gearbox and spending money at ford for parts.
It may have just been a bit of crud on the earth contact (i believe they earth back to the body of the light housing therefore need to be screwed in to work),

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps
Hey guys,

I noticed in the dark the other night that my reverse lights arent working. Finally got some time today to do a bit of troubleshooting and ive narrowed it down to the reverse light switch on the gearbox. The car is just out of warranty and im failry competent with a spanner and stuff, so i was just wondering for those who own a 2004 Ford Focus repair manual if they could tell me where i could get one and if it has this specific issue inside so that i could fix it myself.

Just throwing this in the water too, has anyone else experienced this issue with an LR Focus?

cheers

Tom
Tom,

I have a repair manual. I will go look in my car if it is in there. If not I wont be seeing it till christmas eve so after that I can scan the page for you.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #4
Mick K.

Hi,

I has the same problem. Bulb was fine, fuse was fine and bulb holder was fine. Had the dealer put in a new "switch assy rev lamp" at my last service and fixed the problem. Cost about $110 parts and labour.

The giveaway for me was that the rear wiper wasn't activating automatically when putting the car in reverse while the front wipers are on.

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Touch-wood I've not had the problem you've described maybe because I've got one Reverse Light (the other side is a Fog Light) and this problem is unique to the Two-Reverse Light setup? My Focus has now done 71K. BTW Your Focus is still looking good there, Tom. Is your Avatar recent?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post