Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-08-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
spiteri

Default Quote on Clutch

Took my AUXR6 in for service today at Lynford Motors in Perth WA.

Was pretty happy with the 120,000Km service and the other could of things they did.

I would like to know how my DTE reading went from ~75Km left down to ~25Km when I picked it up???

I wouldnt have thought they could misplace around about 50Km worth of fuel...now I know this reading is only a calculation based on formula's etc...but still...thats a big drop in DTE.

Main point of the post was the quote for Clutch Repairs/Replacement to replace clutch and skim flywheel...total cost $1611 inc tax. I spoke to my cousin who worked in the Ford facotry in Victoria and he reckon that is way way too much...even though they are claiming it's because it's genuine parts etc.

Any thoughts on that quote? and if anyone is in Perth are they any good places other that the dealership to take it?

Thanks
Anthony

spiteri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 01:24 AM   #2
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$1611 for a clutch????

guess thats why I do mine myself:
$360 for after market heavy duty clutch
$75 to machine and balance flywheel + pressure plate
1/2 day to install
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 02:04 AM   #3
Pik0

Yeah thats what they quoted me, wouldnt mind some one to show me how to do more work on my car myself so i dont have to pay huge prices (i didnt pay for that, went somewhere else)
Coming Soon:
Lowering
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
bomber
Banned

Hmm listing price for an original clutch is some where around $1000 trade on the ford parts list then labour and machining of the fly wheel. Im glad i have contacts with in ford to get around those prices
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:24 AM   #5
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default Joyrides on warranty work

when I took my AuXR8 for some warranty work at Harrigan Ford in Yallah ( wollongong ), they put 30 km's on the car and left McDonalds big mac wrapper under passenger seat.They were supposed to be fixing the power windows and radio aeriel. I detailed the car the day before thinking if it was spotless. (which it always is), they would look after it.IT was dirty when I got it back, brake dust on wheels etc. Harrigans have lost my business for ever.
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was quoted about $1100 for clutch for my AU XR8 from Ford. Got a far better one at a good price! The amount of pressure for a genuine XR8 plate is approx 1700 lbs. The one I am using now is from a Mustang and has approx 2600lbs pressure and while replacing the clutch put in a steel flywheel (no more shudder and no need to reface every time).
The place is Nicks Clutch Service www.npcperfomance.com.au
They are located in Brisbane,but they might be able to help you.
Mal Wood Automotive (Tremec gearboxes) stock thier products, so they must be pretty good!
Old 18-08-2005, 08:04 PM   #7
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry that web site should read www.npcperformance.com.au
If only I could type properllyy
Old 19-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #8
spiteri

Right...been doing the round on the Phones...

$1611 my bottom!!! Can't believe how they get away charging that much.

Got a Quote from a range of people around the Perth area.

Best one I can see is for Valio Clutch Kit, Skim and Flywheel with Performance clamp loading and sport oganics for $685 fitted.

Hows the $900 difference!!!
spiteri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 09:03 PM   #9
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I paid somewhere around the $700ish for my Daiken Heavy Duty clutch. I think that was fitted ?? It definately wasn't anywhere near the grand mark.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #10
bomber
Banned

Well ive been using PBR xr6 replacment clutches in my au and trade price from burson and most other automotive places is $220 and the are much heavier duty than the standard ford/daiken clutch, how ever ther is a bit of shudder from brand new in these clutches. A couple of mates down at ford have been playing with a 93 supra and have been using the PBR clutches for it and found the same shudder, they have now tested it with a daiken hi performance clutch they go by the brand of Exedy and the shudder has now gone and these are around the price of $360 od trade price.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 09:16 PM   #11
EvilChief
Boost Addict

paid $800 for a racing clutch
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post