Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
Loco
Starter Motor

Default 2006 LS Focus 3000 revs cold start 2500 hot

Hi, I have LS zetec with 66,000 Ks. For the last two weeks It has started to rev to 3000+-200 off a cold start and 2500+-200 off a hot start and only lasting for a second or two.there are no obvious vacumm leaks and the throttle body inside is clean.I have held the throttle plate fully closed while starting and it still over revs.The(2 electric? vacumm solenoids?choke control?) mounted near top of engine have been replaced with new(service centre thought would fix it ) and it is still the same.Is there an IAC valve I should be looking at on this engine? There are no DTCs I am getting worried this is gonna cost me more and more on the chase down.I have looked all over net ,nothing applicable.If anybody knows the answer I would be truly grateful .Regards Loco

Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
Loco
Starter Motor

Default 2006 LS Focus 3000 revs cold start 2500 hot

Hi again, more mystery now or maybe another clue. Car has spluttered and cut out twice. One day middle of roundabout next day going up a hill ,both times dash display showed -engine system fault.Car started up fine after pulling over except for original startup problem. The engine system fault message disappeared and again no DTCs were found.Car then ran O.K. Still hopefully seeking answer if anyone can help .Forgot to mention before car is auto.Regards +thanks Loco.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you've eliminated mechanical causes, maybe it's ECU related?

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
Loco
Starter Motor

Thanks for the suggestion In Focus appreciate it! You could well be right as the engine symbol light as now just come on while driving home, no detrimental effect on performance, did not cut out this time and once again unable to bring up any DTCs with trip reset trick ,10 mins later parking and restarting symbol has disappeared.I am starting to think I may have to bite the bullet and take it to local ford dealer see what they say for starters at least.This is getting weird different symptom every day.Cheers Loco
Old 10-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Loco
Starter Motor

To anyone who may be interested, problem solved and fixed. It was a split hose beneath the inlet manifold.Many thanks to Macarthur Ford Service department for a quick outcome at a reasonable price including a reprogram. Regards Loco.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Was going to suggest that vacuum hose have heard of it causing this issues before.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
Loco
Starter Motor

Yep , vacuum leak was my first suspect too, but somehow I missed the hose beneath the inlet manifold.From what I am told it is hard to get to and not that easy to change as starter motor needs removal for access.All good now. Regards Loco