Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2021, 07:57 PM   #9571
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2021, 09:11 PM   #9572
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Oh well these mystery medicines has been keeping me alive for the past 20 years and I'm thankful for them.

Cheers.
"just pump me full of whatever sh" t who cares" attitude 😂
Old 22-02-2021, 02:01 AM   #9573
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
I'm going to have an educated guess & assume that ur pretty old?
I’ll also take an educated guess, and suggest you’re pretty young, naive, heavily influenced by social media, and still wet behind the ears?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 22-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #9574
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wrong on all accounts. Did u want to phone a friend?
Old 22-02-2021, 10:31 AM   #9575
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not getting the vaccine because irrespective what the Drs have us believe :
1 : its based on RNA gene therapy. 2 : its rushed. 3 : no long term side effects are known. They said Thalidomide was safe in 1960 and we know how that turned out.
Media is only giving one side of the story. Not balanced reporting.
I get the fluvax every year. And this year , the pneumovax and shingles vax. They are proven.
Maybe : in 10 years time an ad is published "If you had the covid vaccine in 2021, consider joining a class action against AstraZeneca and Pfizer Modena."
Lets see how this year goes.
Old 22-02-2021, 10:50 AM   #9576
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Judging by the numpties at the Australian Open lastnight, authorities might have a hell of a lot of work to do on information and education. We have just put ourselves on the world stage as a bunch of loonies, what an embarassment.

On a serious note I think we need to stop labeling people who are concerned with the covid shot as "anti vaxxers". I know quite a few people who are generally pro vaccination, but are concerned with the sped of which CV19 vax was developed, tested, and approved. Lumping people who are concerned with CV19 vax with general anti vaxxers seems to just strengthen their resolve. Apart from excerpts from medical journals, which are hard to make sense of sometimes, I don't recall seeing much info explaining why CV19 vax is safe, other than experts telling us that "its safe". More work needs to be done on the education front.

BTW you can't take action against Pfizer and Moderna. They made governments sign something that gives them immunity from liability should anything unexpected go wrong. At best, the gov might compensate you.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2021, 11:01 AM   #9577
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Judging by the numpties at the Australian Open lastnight, authorities might have a hell of a lot of work to do on information and education. We have just put ourselves on the world stage as a bunch of loonies, what an embarassment.

On a serious note I think we need to stop labeling people who are concerned with the covid shot as "anti vaxxers". I know quite a few people who are generally pro vaccination, but are concerned with the sped of which CV19 vax was developed, tested, and approved. Lumping people who are concerned with CV19 vax with general anti vaxxers seems to just strengthen their resolve. Apart from excerpts from medical journals, which are hard to make sense of sometimes, I don't recall seeing much info explaining why CV19 vax is safe, other than experts telling us that "its safe". More work needs to be done on the education front.

BTW you can't take action against Pfizer and Moderna. They made governments sign something that gives them immunity from liability should anything unexpected go wrong. At best, the gov might compensate you.
Agreed but the labelling, my family are all vaxed but this one doesnt sit well with me. I dont get regular flu shots either, mainly because I hate needles and cant be bothered going.

What happened at the AO?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 22-02-2021, 11:04 AM   #9578
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

There was a lot of boo-ing when vaccination received a prominent mention, to the effect of now the superstars can go on with their merry dance. A lot of the audience would have been under the thumb of Melbourne’s Big Lockdown and could easily feel the comments more than a little entitled.

Quote:
When Ms Hrdklicka spoke about vaccines, the crowd unleashed a chorus of boos

"With vaccinations on the way, rolling out in many countries around the world, it's now a time for optimism and hope for the future," she said, before pausing to let the crowd settle.

Ms Hrdlicka then thanked the state government, saying: "Without you we could not have done this."

This led to another chorus of boos.
Source

Last edited by Citroënbender; 22-02-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 22-02-2021, 11:09 AM   #9579
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It wasn't the whole crowd, just some sections whistling and jeering when vaccination was mentioned, and also when they thanked the Vic Gov for making the tournament happen Shows the IQ level.

I'm going to assume they were the die hard Novak fans. Novak has admitted he is an anti vaxxer. And the Vic Gov also slammed him for "his request" earlier on during quarantine.

But if you were sitting in another part of world watching, you might think Australians are all anti vaxxer after watching that display.
Old 22-02-2021, 11:41 AM   #9580
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Wrong on all accounts. Did u want to phone a friend?
My point was...... You seem to believe that “old” suggests gullibility?
Phone a friend??? Grow feckin up....
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2021, 12:06 PM   #9581
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
My point was...... You seem to believe that “old” suggests gullibility?
Phone a friend??? Grow feckin up....
Calm yer tits.

I seem to believe old people are pretty relaxed about things that may or may not affect their health way down the track past their life expectancy. In saying that, they also are willing to swallow any magic pill that has a chance no matter how small or big, to give them more years

The way covid has been forced down our throats, the message is basically, if ur old u will be wiped out, and to save the elderly we all need to change our lives & take a shot. The fear mongering is unreal. My whole extended family in Europe got covid, young and old, and they said it was nothing worse than a flu for a few days. Believe wat u want.

Last edited by falcon_bandit; 22-02-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 22-02-2021, 01:10 PM   #9582
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT February 21st, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

6 new case for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.143%.

No new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.106% and active cases 51.

The UK had 9,834 cases yesterday and 215 deaths.

Just under 99k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,919 deaths sees CMR steady at 1.776%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
India passes 11M cases

Mongolia (58)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #9583
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Calm yer tits.

I seem to believe old people are pretty relaxed about things that may or may not affect their health way down the track past their life expectancy. In saying that, they also are willing to swallow any magic pill that has a chance no matter how small or big, to give them more years

The way covid has been forced down our throats, the message is basically, if ur old u will be wiped out, and to save the elderly we all need to change our lives & take a shot. The fear mongering is unreal. My whole extended family in Europe got covid, young and old, and they said it was nothing worse than a flu for a few days. Believe wat u want.
So almost 2.5M dead people globally die from fear mongering? Believe what you want but the threat is real and before you even suggest it, that mortality figure (which we know is understated thanks to countries like Russia, India and Iran) is 5x the annual mortality for Influenza and twice the annual global road toll but we shouldn't be concerned about that either should we.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 23-02-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 22-02-2021, 01:46 PM   #9584
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Calm yer tits.

Unbelievable!....
So, just for interests sake... How old are YOU?
Tell us all of your worldly experiences and expertise with life?
Tell us how you raised your children, your grandchildren....Tell us how, you stayed home with them during chicken pox, mumps, measles....
Tell us you went to school with kids affected by polio.. (that’s now virtually eradicated thanks to the Salk/sabin oral stuff shoved down our throats as kids)
Tell us why we don’t hear about TB or Smallpox anymore?
I just Love the bit re: “old people are pretty relaxed cos it’ll be past their life expectancy! “.... So we “swallow the pill” to prolong our demented, fragile existence above ground?
YOU and this thinking is Exactly what’s wrong with this world nowadays....
Old 22-02-2021, 01:51 PM   #9585
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
So almost 2.5M dead people globally dies from fear mongering? Believe what you want but the threat is real and before you even suggest it, that mortality figure (which we know is understated thanks to countries like Russia, India and Iran) is 5x the annual mortality for Influenza and twice the annual global road toll but we shouldn't be concerned about that either should we.
And..... More Americans have now died of Covid in last 12months than 9/11, WW1, WW2 and Vietnam combined....
Old 22-02-2021, 01:58 PM   #9586
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Sorry..
Old 22-02-2021, 02:26 PM   #9587
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Calm yer tits.

Who said I was old and what is your claim to being a medical expert?
3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #9588
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
And..... More Americans have now died of Covid in last 12months than 9/11, WW1, WW2 and Vietnam combined....
I wonder how the two world wars would have gone if the US sent predominantly 70, 80 and 90 year olds to fight it?

3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2021, 07:31 PM   #9589
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine more effective with longer dose gap: study

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2AJ1WZ

"Efficacy was found to be at 81% with the longer interval of 12 weeks between the first and second dose, compared with 55% efficacy up to the six-week gap, according to the Lancet study, which backs British and WHO recommendations for longer intervals."

Surely they tested this in trials? So UK gov made the right call despite being criticised earlier on by the manufacturer.
Old 22-02-2021, 07:46 PM   #9590
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Sorry..
For what ? Telling it how it is ? Don't be..............
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2021, 07:46 PM   #9591
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone here got covid yet? Just curious
Old 22-02-2021, 07:52 PM   #9592
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Has anyone here got covid yet? Just curious
I have friends and relos in NA that have had it, and have recovered. One mate was in NY during the initial outbreak. He said he couldn't breath, reckons he lost 30-40% lung capacity, but did not qualify to get tested at that time because there were others worse than him and the hospitals couldn't cope. So he stayed home and just hoped for the best, and fortunately recovered.

I also have had a close friend catch it whilst doing some missionary work in Madagascar. She was my grade 2 school teacher and we keep in touch quite regularly. She was in her 60s, healthy, no pre-existing condition. She died within a week. Her husband who had to look after her because there was no room at the hospital, caught it too and also died within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Who said I was old and what is your claim to being a medical expert?
You work in an office and you are a manager... 80% chance you are an old fuddy duddy.
Old 22-02-2021, 09:07 PM   #9593
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
You work in an office and you are a manager... 80% chance you are an old fuddy duddy.
So far from the truth bud, I'm a tradie. Marvellous how people assume from a username.

Keep guessing........
5 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2021, 09:16 PM   #9594
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I was waiting for your reply!
Old 23-02-2021, 05:22 AM   #9595
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Imagine if the Government offered a stiff drink with vaccinations as incentive.

“Yeah, I’m anti-vax but who can knock back a free double of Laphroaig?”
45% down the linked page below; Israel is on the game. L’chaim!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-...rsial/13160576
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #9596
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT February 22nd, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

4 new case for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.142%.

7 new cases and 0 deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.103% and active cases 54.

The UK had 10,641 cases yesterday and 177 deaths.

Just under 59k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,329 deaths sees CMR up to 1.777%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 112M, the last 1M in 3 days;
North America passes 33M cases;

No countries

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2021, 09:20 PM   #9597
leesa

One of the things covid has made obvious (to me at least) is the decline of empathy. There is a significant percentage of the population who basically feel like they shouldn't be affected/inconvenienced in any way if they're pretty sure they won't themselves die from it. No concern for others in their family, their communities or their workplace. Why should they be inconvenienced so as to protect someone else? That's not their problem etc.
It doesn't end with covid either, they'll carry those same feelings into every aspect of their lives. Good times.

Old 23-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #9598
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
One of the things covid has made obvious (to me at least) is the decline of empathy. There is a significant percentage of the population who basically feel like they shouldn't be affected/inconvenienced in any way if they're pretty sure they won't themselves die from it. No concern for others in their family, their communities or their workplace. Why should they be inconvenienced so as to protect someone else? That's not their problem etc.
It doesn't end with covid either, they'll carry those same feelings into every aspect of their lives. Good times.
Spot on! I work with a couple dudes who are like this and think the virus is one big joke, also have a look at the protesters as of late with their attitude to the virus.
Now you know why it has been in the media with people having second thoughts of taking the vaccine.
Old 23-02-2021, 10:00 PM   #9599
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
I'll put my hand up here and say that I have noticed a decline in empathy from myself towards some people. Namely, these anti-lockdown, "freedom" protestors, anti-vaxxer, anti-covid, etc, etc, groups that arose during the pandemic. I've never had such hatred towards people - as I now have towards these people.

I personally know quite a few people who belong to these various groups of morons. I knew them before the pandemic. I was sort of ok with them before the pandemic. But now, I just cannot stand being around them. Despise them even. They **** me to tears, and I totally do not give a **** about them anymore.

Sorry, just being honest.
Old 23-02-2021, 11:16 PM   #9600
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I'll put my hand up here and say that I have noticed a decline in empathy from myself towards some people. Namely, these anti-lockdown, "freedom" protestors, anti-vaxxer, anti-covid, etc, etc, groups that arose during the pandemic. I've never had such hatred towards people - as I now have towards these people.

I personally know quite a few people who belong to these various groups of morons. I knew them before the pandemic. I was sort of ok with them before the pandemic. But now, I just cannot stand being around them. Despise them even. They **** me to tears, and I totally do not give a **** about them anymore.

Sorry, just being honest.
Nah I would not go that far as hating them as everyone is entitled to their own opinion; free world, Just like religion you either believe in god or not.
Cheers.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread