Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-05-2006, 03:00 AM   #1
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Default Another Newbie and Fiesta lover (couple of pics)

G'day to all you fine folks. I can't believe I only found this forum NOW, after having my '05 Fez for a year.

I'm gonna ramble a bit now...

It's a Diamond White LX with the 16" alloys and rear spoiler - I wanted the body kit too but my wife for some reason didn't order it when she phoned our novated lease officer. Ah, well, at least I can put on a custom body kit later on. Something like this:

It's a quick pencil sketch that I rendered with Photoshop. This is what I'd like to do to it eventually. Our actual car now has the pinstriping, the Autobot (Transformers) emblems, blue brake calipers and a blue accented interior. I've also painted the upper grill white (I had some paint mixed at Olarenshaw's) and I plan to paint the side rubbing strips as well. You can probably tell I have a lot of free time during the day.

We didn't get a Zetec because there's quite a few bumpy roads in Melbourne's western suburbs where I live, and the Zetec's firmer suspension would have shaken it to pieces (also the price was a little out of our reach)

There aren't a lot of Fiestas in our area and my car turns quite a few heads. Little kids and guys my age who grew up in the '80s just love the Transformers emblems.

My wife and I absolutely love this car. I can't wait for it to be fully paid for so I can go crazy modding the engine and whatnot.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far. I think I'm gonna like it here.

Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
joshf2
striped

love the transformers theme, im a big nut for them

the pin striping is cool, i wish i had thought of them when i got my other stripes done

and what have you done with the fuel filler cap? it looks a different colour to the rest of the bodywork....
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Another white LX, where have you guys been hiding?
Welcome.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

That's an excellent concept. I'm not usually a fan of white cars but the blue detailing does wonders. Reminded me of when I wanted to do a charcoal and purple ET Pulsar with Decepticon badging in my youth (By that I mean 2 years ago *cough*).
Old 05-05-2006, 02:46 AM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Looks great mate! Good to have ever omre members in the Fez forums AND GREAT to finally have another Victorian/Melburnian Member! Welcome

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

yeah..nice concept. Just wonder what have you done to the fuel cap?
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks nice. I like it
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 04:13 AM   #8
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Thanks everyone!
The fuel cap is just a chrome/fake carbon fibre sticker.

Sorry for the poor image quality - I just snapped this pic now and uploaded it. The car's still wet from the rain.

I bought it and the Transformers emblems at a custom sticker shop overseas (the last time I visited the family in the Philippines). I had the Autobot logos made the right size. The fuel cap sticker is too small, though. I didn't measure the actual filler cap before I went overseas. I get a lot of positive comments on it, though.

Danny, where in Victoria are you from? I live in Sunshine.
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 05:21 AM   #9
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome!

Like Danny, I'm another Victorian fez owner :
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post