Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
MAD
Petro-sexual

Default What kind of sick individuals??

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...ear-crash-site

Quote:
NSW police have recovered empty oil cans from bushland in Sydney's Royal National Park near a bend where three cars lost control and crashed after driving over a deliberately left slick.

Three cars were travelling along Sir Bertram Stevens Drive after 11pm (AEDT) on Saturday when they lost control while navigating a sharp bend and crashed into trees.

A driver and passenger from one of the vehicles were taken by ambulance to St George Hospital with minor injuries.

Investigators believe up to 40 litres of oil had been deliberately poured over a 100m stretch of the road near Warumbul Road.

Police have now recovered two oil cans near to the scene of the crashes.

"We've found two oil cans that were thrown into the bush near to where the oil was poured and we've seized them for forensic examination," a police spokeswoman told AAP on Monday.

Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Old 22-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Default Re: What kind of sick individuals??

WTF... Why would you deliberately put oil on a road for cars to crash? Some people are plain idiots

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
On The Edge
BOSS 335

Catch them and feed them oil!

Oil should only be put on the ground for those that need a little assistance getting there wheels to spin. ;)
On The Edge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It would just be kids thinking it'd be funny like in the movies.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Some absolute F'wits in this world..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it's not bad enough that cars are crashing as a result of their fun, but any motorcyclists hitting that oil at any speed are going to come off 2nd best.

I hope they catch these mongrels and get the book thrown at them. I only worry now that other mentally challenged citizens will see this as good fun and copy the actions just like the bridge rock throwers.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Going off on a tangent here but that reminds of the plot to the classic Aussie movie The Cars That Ate Paris

Gee that VW made an impression on my adolescent brain.

Old 22-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The kids used to put down oil to skid near the pier, I was coming out of there and as I started to take off suddenly I was doing a 90degree turn straight into a guardrail... that was fun :(

Oil + Roads do NOT mix under ANY circumstance
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #9
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Not to mention how much oil costs per litre these days...........
Old 23-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #10
Werd.
nou

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
WTF... Why would you deliberately put oil on a road for cars to crash? Some people are plain idiots
Have had this done to me... ******* idiots put oil over the road at an uphill stop sign. Saw them all standing around looking like idiots, realised what was up as I went to take off.. Fortunately it was at a stop sign, so definitely not life endangering (Unless you weren't intending on obeying the law) but stupid.

Called the firies, cleaned it up, dunno if anything happened to the guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Not to mention how much oil costs per litre these days...........
$3/L if you buy at woolies or something..

Considering it was likely cheap ****, maybe the cops should start checking sales logs of Woolworths/Coles/BigW/Kmart in the area and see if any customers bought a large quantity of oil..
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #11
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If by some miracle they catch these XXXXXXXX they should be charged with attempted murder and do some serious time . Watch them get a slap on the wrist if by some miracle they are caught .
Old 24-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

most of the local kawi guys know this is an ongoing thing in the national park, & its believed to be locals with a thing against motorbikes. Nobodys been caught yet, though

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

whose to say it wasnt used sump oil? I tend to store bottles of used oil over time ready for the next time I can legally dispose of it at the tip.

Back on topic though, there are no words low enough to describe these poor excuses for humans.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl
most of the local kawi guys know this is an ongoing thing in the national park, & its believed to be locals with a thing against motorbikes. Nobodys been caught yet, though
If it is locals against motorcyclists and they are caught I would love to show this vermin what the wrong end of a hiding looks like , and when I say hiding I mean a HIDING that will see them hospitalised for months .
Old 24-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #15
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #16
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6

Many years ago when Bundabergs main street was neatly divided into two lanes each way, traffic lights at each intersection, and parallel parking along the sides of the road and side by side parks up the middle, the place was a haven for all us young guys to cruise laps every friday and saturday night..the street would be full of dozens and dozens of fantastic cars. Occasionally someone would do a burnout, a small one, or organise a drag race outside town later on, maybe a quick squirt between the lights.

Anyway, one guy was notorious for pouring oil on the road to do burnouts...because that's the only way his hopeless old slant six powered Valiant ex-ambulance which weighed a ton could light them up...
Unknown to me, he had poured a couple of liters of the stuff at one intersection, Targo street, and 17 year old me was driving along in my 265 Hemi Charger towards a green light, which went yellow. I was turning right, so I flicked my indicator and accelerated to beat the light turning right off the main street.
Then I hit the oil.
Luckily there was nothing in my way, as I spun neatly around 180 degrees (and possibly a full 360 spin before that...it was all squeeling tyres and spinning lights for a few seconds there...) and slid backwards across to come to a stop outside a bank, almost as if I had parked there, the Charger chugging to a stalled stop with me sitting there squashing the steering wheel with my fingers and with puckering bunghole.
The night lit up with reds and blues as a cop car, which had been sitting at the opposite side of the intersection, sped across and stopped, a cop jumping out to see if I was OK. He said they were on their way to check on a report of oil spread on the road, and I replied (when he powers of speech returned) "I think I found it for you".
The cops blocked the lane and a council crew came out and spread kitty litter everywhere while trying to clean it up.
I had a little chat with the guy a few nights later about what he'd done...

There's never any excuse for ******* putting oil down on a public road...none at all.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post