Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-10-2021, 03:48 PM   #1741
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
all leased out to worthy recipients, but the paperwork has all been lost
Yeah and I guess that some folks showed their gratitude by hiding them away in sheds,so as they wouldnt get stolen.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-10-2021, 05:21 PM   #1742
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Finally have power back

You could hear cheers ring out around the estate

Going to take a few minutes and catch my first bit of live supercars action for the weekend. Hope ADP gets a better start than race 21.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #1743
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Why is it when a woman rejects a man's advances nobody gives a damn. But when a man rejects a woman's advances some people say "what is wrong with you? Go for it. She wants you"

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2021, 11:54 PM   #1744
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Why is it when a woman rejects a man's advances nobody gives a damn. But when a man rejects a woman's advances some people say "what is wrong with you? Go for it. She wants you"
Why is it when a woman shows unwanted interest a man nobody gives a damn. But when a man shows unwanted interest a woman its harassment or worse

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2021, 10:46 AM   #1745
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Why is it the LGBTQIA want us to believe in more than two genders when the B in LGBTQIA which represents those who have sex with all genders are call Bi-sexual indicating there are only two genders!

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
5 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2021, 10:47 AM   #1746
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
Why is it when a woman shows unwanted interest a man nobody gives a damn. But when a man shows unwanted interest a woman its harassment or worse
If she likes you it is called flirting
If she does not like you it is called harassment

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #1747
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

may have asked this before...
if pharmaceutical outfits sell there products with rapid or fast working in their advertising why do they still sell the slow stuff?
Old 09-11-2021, 10:27 PM   #1748
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
may have asked this before...
if pharmaceutical outfits sell there products with rapid or fast working in their advertising why do they still sell the slow stuff?
All pain is different!....even 2 identical broken arms in 2 separate people does not mean they feel the same pain, once you get too much pain for your body to cope, your brain sends the body into "shock" as a coping mechanism to protect you, you need a fast acting painkiller to cope with immediate pain, then you take a slow acting painkiller to release the ingredients slowly to give longer relief at a measured dose, I do it daily, my body is now at a point where my pain relief is constant all day with a measured dose, topped up when I need it.

Real pain is a killer, put you in the mental hospital if you don't control it effectively.

Of the pain types I found nerve pain to be the most severe and debilitating, referred pain, neuralgia is hard to control.
Yep you need a fast acting pill then a slow release to keep the pain reasonably regulated

Last edited by slowsnake; 09-11-2021 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Autospell
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2021, 10:34 PM   #1749
slowsnake
Banned

When Jim Morrison wrote People are Strange he really meant women are Strange, and they are, I certainly have never understood the logic behind the female thought process!..it's strange!.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:29 PM   #1750
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
When Jim Morrison wrote People are Strange he really meant women are Strange, and they are, I certainly have never understood the logic behind the female thought process!..it's strange!.
I love the female form but after many years I have realised that I am not compatible with them.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 11-11-2021, 11:08 PM   #1751
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
I love the female form but after many years I have realised that I am not compatible with them.
Neither was Alexandros of Antioch, he chopped Venus de Milos arms off after sculpting her!.....
Old 12-11-2021, 08:40 AM   #1752
leesa

Why is it that it always rains on days you need to hang out washing?

Quote:
Of the pain types I found nerve pain to be the most severe and debilitating, referred pain, neuralgia is hard to control.
Yep you need a fast acting pill then a slow release to keep the pain reasonably regulated
Have you tried gabapentin/neurontin? It's wonderful for nerve pain, especially if you combine it with oxycodone as they work together to increase each others' effects.
No, I'm not a casual drug user. Doctors thought I had trigeminal neuralgia until a tooth blew itself out of the bone after 5 days of feeling like I was being electrocuted and set on fire at the same time. The abscess went undetected by two xrays, go figure.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2021, 08:59 AM   #1753
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Why is it that it always rains on days you need to hang out washing?

Have you tried gabapentin/neurontin? It's wonderful for nerve pain, especially if you combine it with oxycodone as they work together to increase each others' effects.
No, I'm not a casual drug user. Doctors thought I had trigeminal neuralgia until a tooth blew itself out of the bone after 5 days of feeling like I was being electrocuted and set on fire at the same time. The abscess went undetected by two xrays, go figure.
Am not allowed any of the anti seizure drugs, in particular gabapentin neurontin and lyrica, adverse side effects, had everything, including trigeminal neuralgia, had that for a so.id 8 months waiting for surgery, one of the worst side effects of a crushed cervical nerve, went from the back of my spine right to the corner of my mouth, felt like I had a finger in my mouth pulling it backwards, lol, glad that ended, was a C3-4-5 nerve, but worst of all it was 24/7 non stop, and the feeling of a giant icicle being stabbed all over my right cheek and face, yep it's the worst I've had, but this cauda equina is an issue when it decides to show its ugly head!
But I've handled it all, then surgery and instant relief!

Last edited by slowsnake; 12-11-2021 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Autospell
Old 12-11-2021, 09:03 AM   #1754
slowsnake
Banned

As for the rain on washing day, well, blame a dude called "Murphy"
Old 12-11-2021, 10:02 AM   #1755
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa
…a tooth blew itself out of the bone after 5 days of feeling like I was being electrocuted and set on fire at the same time
The sensation of relief when that finally happened, must have been immediate.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2021, 10:13 AM   #1756
slowsnake
Banned

A bit like popping a boil, or a black swollen thumb nail when you drill a hole in it to relieve the pressure,....yep I feel ya pain, I do......
Old 12-11-2021, 10:38 AM   #1757
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The sensation of relief when that finally happened, must have been immediate.
Yeah it was a massive relief. There's nothing quite like waking up and not being in pain, and being able to go about your day pain-free. I think we can get a little bit complacent about how much of a blessing that is and start taking it for granted until the day comes... either by advanced age or illness.. where you wake up and have some kind of pain that is now with you for life.

Trigeminal neuralgia is called the suicide disease as apparently many people commit suicide just to get relief. I can't speak for them as turns out I didn't have the syndrome but after feeling pain from the trigeminal nerves I can completely understand, the best way I can describe it is that it's a sensation not compatible with life. Those poor people, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 09:19 AM   #1758
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Why is it that americans use a thermometer and not a thermofoot?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #1759
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Why, indeed. You’d think that a combination of local insight and long-range forecasts might imbue more sense.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...rain/100618224

Approximate location: https://goo.gl/maps/4Ac8hTSPEF6Y5vmJ7

(French Line)
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #1760
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Yeah it was a massive relief. There's nothing quite like waking up and not being in pain, and being able to go about your day pain-free. I think we can get a little bit complacent about how much of a blessing that is and start taking it for granted until the day comes... either by advanced age or illness.. where you wake up and have some kind of pain that is now with you for life.

Trigeminal neuralgia is called the suicide disease as apparently many people commit suicide just to get relief. I can't speak for them as turns out I didn't have the syndrome but after feeling pain from the trigeminal nerves I can completely understand, the best way I can describe it is that it's a sensation not compatible with life. Those poor people, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
You get through it leesa, we were designed to cope, I have had the real deal, the doctors called it "real pain" I nearly went up the road to Cabramatta to get some " pain relief", I never once thought of suicide as a cure or outcome, all I knew was I was in a queue at Sydney's RPA for 3 months, and I went through more rum in those 12 weeks than I had drunk in the NT and Far Nth Qld over 6 years, it's a very debilitating pain, but its In your head, and its handleable, all pain is!
All of us react to pain differently, but I can understand your pain from an abscessed tooth, but trigeminal neuralgia is up there with the best of them, including the worst one, that's fear, that's the killer, fear of pain!
Glad you got through it ok
Old 14-11-2021, 12:45 PM   #1761
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Why, indeed. You’d think that a combination of local insight and long-range forecasts might imbue more sense.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-...rain/100618224

Approximate location: https://goo.gl/maps/4Ac8hTSPEF6Y5vmJ7

(French Line)
Bloody idiots, that's it, the amount of times I came across stranded travellers, and they dident even have a shovel?
Leave em there, just drop em food and nappies, they got plenty of water, let em wait it out, they wanted adventure and they got it!....stop complaining
Old 14-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #1762
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Bloody idiots, that's it, the amount of times I came across stranded travellers, and they dident even have a shovel?
Leave em there, just drop em food and nappies, they got plenty of water, let em wait it out, they wanted adventure and they got it!....stop complaining

Did you read the article?
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #1763
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Spose its a bit like someone finding you on the side of the road with a big roo and a busted radiator.Presume you are saying I would be better off leaving you some water and food rather than trying to help get you closer to home,maybe with a tow rope.Like why don’t you carry water and a spare radiator.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #1764
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

idk they need help so give them help
but they are bloody idiots
got all the off road gear but dont know how to use it or have a shovel
just like people that buy big caravans but have never towed a thing in their life and have a vehicle too small for it and end up flipped
unfortunate theres not to much you can do but help them after the situation

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2021, 02:09 PM   #1765
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Did you read the article?
Sure did, but they are not lost?........no wasting rescue services time and money, they are not missing?
Everyone knows where they are, and normal common sense dictates that you carry enough drinking water and food to last at least a month, they are not dead or dying, they are stuck in a few inches of mud, I've had my 4x4 down to the sills, took me 8 hours to get out, but I did it, but you have to work at it, not put silly photos of some idiot laying back smiling in the passenger seat!

And I bet neither of em knows how to drive in those conditions, they should of did a 4x4 driving and retrieval course, they are idiots, and 2 kiddies are driving around the outback with 2 adults with no common sense, looks like they want to get more viewers for their travel app to attract big paying sponsors, they are in 6 inches of wet dirt or clay, easy to dig that out, and I done it plenty, for others not just myself.

Check weather, ask about local conditions at their last fuel stop, do your homework, do put yourselves at risk, but not the kiddies
Old 14-11-2021, 02:20 PM   #1766
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Spose its a bit like someone finding you on the side of the road with a big roo and a busted radiator.Presume you are saying I would be better off leaving you some water and food rather than trying to help get you closer to home,maybe with a tow rope.Like why don’t you carry water and a spare radiator.
I have!...and I did....gave my details, vehicle, approximate length and weight, wrote in detail damage, new radiator, bit of heating and hammer work, gave it to the next driver who stopped, he leaves, I sleep, I wake up to the RACWA tilt tray driver knocking on my window, towed into town, already ordered a new radiator from Perth, be there at noon, on my way 3pm, all done and dusted.
Old 14-11-2021, 02:39 PM   #1767
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
idk they need help so give them help
but they are bloody idiots
got all the off road gear but dont know how to use it or have a shovel
just like people that buy big caravans but have never towed a thing in their life and have a vehicle too small for it and end up flipped
unfortunate theres not to much you can do but help them after the situation
They let it dry out a bit, then back the damn thing out, they dident just drive along and fall Ito a mud hole the exact shape of their vehicle, you can see the tyre tracks going in, they have hit a wet patch and tried to back out and instead of getting out to check the situation and assess their next move, they more than likely just put it in reverse and dug themselves in deeper?....idiots, they are a very dangerous species, and very common in the outback, it attracts them like flies, its a dangerous place and will kill you, simple as that, the outback is a death trap for the wary, nevermind the unwary
Old 14-11-2021, 03:01 PM   #1768
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
You called for help. How weak can you be. I’d be ashamed. You should have gotten yourself out of that situation with no help from anyone
I dident call for help??
I followed the rules, RACWA rules who insured me, who were the only ones who could tow me?
I followed safety guidelines like on a construction site, followed a procedure set out by my insurer, did the correct thing, this is on the Gt Northern Hwy, but you have to follow the rules, not the trolls!
Old 14-11-2021, 03:07 PM   #1769
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

I have the same truck, well a newer version but the same with the super singles, you let the tyres down and they will crawl over everything, have never bogged it once, its been in mud that just sucks you in just throw it in low 4 it just keeps going, great trucks if you know how to use them and have the proper equipment.

Unfortunately we have people who need saving from themselves from time to time and just think because it has 4X4 written on it they wont get bogged, they dont understand that you need to take different action in different terrain, I rescued a 4WD once and the guy didnt know you had to engage the hubs for it to be 4WD.

Hey they have plenty of time waiting, they could dig a little out each day and be out of there themselves by the end of the week
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #1770
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
I have the same truck, well a newer version but the same with the super singles, you let the tyres down and they will crawl over everything, have never bogged it once, its been in mud that just sucks you in just throw it in low 4 it just keeps going, great trucks if you know how to use them and have the proper equipment.

Unfortunately we have people who need saving from themselves from time to time and just think because it has 4X4 written on it they wont get bogged, they dont understand that you need to take different action in different terrain, I rescued a 4WD once and the guy didnt know you had to engage the hubs for it to be 4WD.

Hey they have plenty of time waiting, they could dig a little out each day and be out of there themselves by the end of the week
Absolutely correct PJ, spot on