Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Good economy run in the TDCI Focus :)

Had an appointment in Cowra and had the whole day to get there and back so I thought I would record economy figures out of curiosity.

Was pretty good actually:

Averaged 4.8l per 100. Kept to posted speed limits but stopped at 100, even at 110 as the weather was not the best and I was in no real rush anyway.

Started the trip meter from the entry of the M4 and took pictures when I got home.... Highest it went was 5.1 driving around Cowra doing my errands.

Average speed. Heaps of 40-50-60-70 zones along the way. Lots of road work between Katoomba and Cowra.

DTE (taken this morning)...

With all the start - stop traffic / towns / roadworks you could probably say that the mix was 80% pure freeway / 20% urban.

Rain probably had an impact. Often it belted down and you could feel the car ploughing through...

Had it in 5th for 30 min by accident after gearing down for road works (6sp Auto box).

1 passenger, minimal luggage. Manual mode and cruise control used most of the time.

637+317=around 950km in the above conditions. Very impressed!

Hate the fact that the diesel still spins at 2000rpm in top gear at 100km/h. Wish that was around the 1600-1700 mark. It would pull 6th gear with no dramas from 1300rpm. Would have dropped consumption considerably. Perhaps average of 4.4-4.5L per 100 and a range of 1100ish km by my guesstimate??

Drive.com says figures are 7.9 city, 4.8 freeway and 5.9 combined. 2010 LV model.

Cheers,

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Good economy run in the TDCI Focus :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Hate the fact that the diesel still spins at 2000rpm in top gear at 100km/h. Wish that was around the 1600-1700 mark. It would pull 6th gear with no dramas from 1300rpm. Would have dropped consumption considerably. Perhaps average of 4.4-4.5L per 100 and a range of 1100ish km by my guesstimate??

Drive.com says figures are 7.9 city, 4.8 freeway and 5.9 combined. 2010 LV model.

Cheers,

Jason

My 6sp manual sits on 1750 RPM, odd that they have different ratios.

I can't get mine under 5.5L/100km and I do about 90% highway/10% suburbia.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
tommygun69

hey how do you change the display to show l/kms ?
tommygun69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun69
hey how do you change the display to show l/kms ?
The blinker stalk has a dial at the end that rotates. Turn it around to change the display on the screen.

Old 21-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
My 6sp manual sits on 1750 RPM, odd that they have different ratios.

I can't get mine under 5.5L/100km and I do about 90% highway/10% suburbia.
Exactly, seems the ratios are suited to a petrol engine and don't take into consideration the additional low down grunt a diesel motor has....

I'm very pleased with the economy of the diesel... will need to do another economy run when I drive to Bris or Melb..