Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
glennn
Starter Motor

Default telstar harmonic pully

hi, im new to this forum but im a little bit stumped, i have replaced the head gasket and i had to unbolt the 2 cam shafts because they were sligtly in the way when torqueing up head im 99 percent its back properly after marking camshaft to timeing belt and rotor position , but i cant get it to start i did notice the timing mark on the harmonic pully is out about 90 degrees , there fore i cant get the timing exact, if it is what affect will that have on trying to start the engine, beside the water pump and alternator is there a sensor thats needs the pully to be in right position , i know of the crank shaft sensor behind and hidden but thats is only for injectors mainly , so even if it was taken off ,you could still be able to start engine , is this right, "engine will star with out harmonic pull" what do you reckon, i had to do this all in the first place because the engine" 4 cylinder " 2 litre just stopped when hit high temp red mark? thanks

glennn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post