Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

Default XR5 spoiler arrived.......and it's snapped in half!!!!

hi guys,
have just recieved my black rear LED tail lights and xr5 rear spoiler from european parts.

love the led tail lights, but the xr5 rear spoiler has arrived snapped in half.
it's completely snapped in half, as in i have two pieces of the spoiler.

now, what do i do?
i have been in contact with Sascha from EP previously so do i get back on the email and requested an exchange of parts or what?
what do i do? will he be able to replace the part?
im FURIOUS!!
HELPPPP!!

TEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be emailing him some pics of it and asking for a replacement to be sent.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Ouch, that's gotta hurt! I guess it will depend on whether Sascha included postage insurance when he shipped your items. I can't remember whether insurance is a standard part of the DHL premium service (I assume that's what you selected), so your best bet is contact Sascha immediately and find out.

I'm speculating here, but I think if you didn't have postage insurance, you may be one very unhappy chappy, because I don't think sellers are responsible for what happens to an item once it is has been handed over to the courier.

How do you find the fitment of the LED's? I think they look great too, but I'm not that happy with the fit, as they don't sit flush with the body work. I've also noticed a tiny bit of condensation build up, though it seems to dissipate fairly quickly. It'll be interesting to see if you have the same problem.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I'd take it up with the courier company in the first instance (esp if there is noo postage insurance) ASAP
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

iv fitted the LED tail lights and they sit flush on one side, and a little out of place on the other but it isnt noticable so im not fussed. they look good

i have emailed sascha and am obviously waiting for a response.
i did purchased with premium mail so you would think that it would be covered by postage insurance?

one thing im not happy about, and i have made sascha aware of this, is that the xr5 rear spoiler came in a plastic sheet, and thrown in a box.
it should have come bubble wrapped like the rear tail lights did, and labelled "fragile" on the box.
obviously, boxes are thrown about by couriers, and you would expect that care would be given in the first place so that instances like this dont occur. ie. bubble wrapping items.

i will have to contact the courier company once i hear back from sascha.
i will post pictures later tonight.
Old 26-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
Lanyi

I'm sorry to hear about this, and I have always feared something like this happening with overseas orders.

Postage insurance is good! Make the claim and re-order your spoiler - but talk to EP, they might have a solution to cases like this.

As for the packaging, it is disappointing, but it I have seen a similar sort of package on 'snap-on' parts for cars before. Latest example I can give you is an order for Subaru parts. They were wrapped in a thin foam-like paper and placed in a box - and these were oem parts as well...
Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I'm sorry the hear all this....I hope everything works out.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

thanks guys, i am a little disappointed as i was waiting on this spoiler so i could send it to the painters to get painted with the XR5 rear bumper. now i guess i will have to do the spoiler at a later date.

just waiting to here back from sascha now.
Old 26-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #9
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

have been in contact with sascha from european parts.
he has told me to email and fax some photos, as well as a damage report from australia post, to confirm that the package did arrive damaged.
i will get onto that on tuesday as that is my next day off.

for some better news, i fitted the tail lights today.
i found that they are sitting quite flush, perfect in fact. expect there is a little gap on the R/H tail light.
i haven't had any condensation build up as of yet, even when the car was parked outside in the heat today.
i will post pics soon.
Old 26-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

That's interesting, because my LH light fits far better than the RH one too. The left is actually quite acceptable, but the right is sitting almost a cm off the body. I thought it may have been all the wiring and connectors preventing the light from fitting right down in the cavity, but I tried several different arrangements with the wiring and connectors, but it made no difference. used:

Anyway, good to hear you might be covered for the spoiler.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

yea i know, i thought it was the switches as well and tried to move them in different palces, then i thought the panel of the car that the lugs go into might be out of place?
then i got over it, it doesn't look too bad.

i have just heard from sascha again from european parts. i will be fully compensated for the rear spoiler, and he is sending a replacement in the mail. i also don't have to send the broken one back which is good.

althought he said the german compensation process takes 4-6 weeks
Old 29-09-2008, 01:12 AM   #12
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Good to hear Brad. Lucky you went for the Premium shipping!!

Strange you say that about the RH tail light. Mine's exactly the same. When fully tightened, it sits about a cm above the body. The problem is in the shape of the light housing where it screws to the body. The same problem occurred to a guy over at Fordxr5turbo.com and he sent me an email about how to fix it. He sanded down the very bottom of the light, which is supposedly warped, hence preventing the light from sitting flush on the body of the car. I'm yet to fix it up on mine, but I'll try and follow CAF's instructions and let you know the results after I get a spare second.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #13
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

yea that would be sweet, it doesn't annoy me as of yet, but i would like it to sit flush on the body.
im hoping to get some pictures of the damage tonight or tomorrow.
the silver zetec looks great with the black LED's!