Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
kuans

Default Frequency of fluid changes for: Power Steering, Auto trans and Manual?

Hello all!
There's no mention in the LS Focus service booklet regarding the frequency changes for the above fluids, only the specification details.

Power Steering fluid
WSS-M2C204-A (Pentosin)

Auto trans fluid (trans & torque converter)
WSS-M2C202-B

Manual trans fluid
WSD-M2C200-C

Can anyone help? Many thanks!!!

kuans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
BlackLS
yum

Manual is meant to be a sealed unit never to be serviced unless theres a problem.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
Lanyi

Probably the only thing you should be changing at a some-what frequent interval is your engine oil and oil filter.

But judging by the MY of your car, your still under warranty and Ford will have to service your car. If anything needs to be changed, they will do it. Just ask them first what the service will include and buy the right fluids before hand and give it to Ford. Tell them that you will supply the right fluids/filters and that you want them to put them in. The reason for this is (not because I'm tight) is because during the last service for my car, Ford put castrol magnatec in my car and charged $64 for it. That is just ridiculous as for $60 I can get castrol edge plus a filter. Sorry about the rant.
Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #4
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Lanyi You do not have to got to ford to service the car while it is still under warranty.
You can go to any qualified mechanical workshop. As long as they fill in the service book it will still be covered by warranty. While under warranty is is best to use ford parts etc.
So dont let Ford fool you.
Or any other car dealer
As for never to be serviced LOL. there are many car makers out there with these claims.
Engine 15,000km or 12 months
Auto trans every 20,000km or 6 months
manual 100,000km

Oils loose there properties with time and use so thats why they sould be changed, not to mention the impurities they collect.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

20focus05 but the one thing people forget about using non-dealer service is that quite often you will miss out on TSBs or software updates for the computers... I know for a fact that Mazda is the only place I can take my 3 to get its software updated - Mazda simply don't sell it to anyone but their dealers.

Besides which, at least at a dealer you get people who have probably been formally trained for your particular vehicle whereas if you take it to Ultra Tune or Kmart tyre and auto you're going to get a mechanic who has to deal with a large number of different vehicles frm different manufacturers.
Old 27-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
20focus05
I wanna XR5

you are right there hunter.

sometimes I wish that was the case in about training, I have a mate that works for ford and they are not always well informed about each car!
They should be the total experts when it comes to Ford cars. I have helped him out with information reguarding some fixes with problems, That has come for this site.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post