Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #1591
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Commodore ute drivers that honk you when they don't indicate and try cut you off.
You really only needed the first 3 words.It's the inbred's car of choice.
Old 23-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #1592
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

What is it with Computer games these days?

A while ago I bought Sid Meier's Civilization (The Complete Edition) from EB games.

When you load it onto the PC, and every time you want to play the game, you need to login to Steam!

it's my game, it's my Computer and I bought it in a Bricks and Mortar shop, so why do I need this bloody Steam engine!
Old 23-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #1593
superyob
Banned

ABC reporters who blame hot days in summer on global warming or climate change...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #1594
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
ABC reporters who blame hot days in summer on global warming or climate change...
maybe they should get a clue and look at all the spraying in the sky
its not us causing it
its 'them'
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #1595
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something Ive just realised......not all numerical touch pads are the same design.
Usually the 1 is top left corner and therefore 9 bottom right ...but not always.
Old 24-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #1596
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Something Ive just realised......not all numerical touch pads are the same design.
Usually the 1 is top left corner and therefore 9 bottom right ...but not always.
Erm, I've got two calculators and two PC Keyboards here and on all of them the '1' is bottom left and the '9' is top right.
Old 24-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #1597
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 PC keyboards = '1' top left
2 calculators = '1' bottom left
1 handset ph..............."
2 mobile phones top left

beat me with a stick this is crazy
Old 24-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #1598
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

calculator....1 = bottom left
mobile phone....1 = top right
cordless phone.....1 = top left
keyboard ain't got numerics.

people who slow down after overtaking on a passing lane but stay out in the overtaking lane adjacent to the truck..leaving me nowhere to go but back in behind the semi I've been trailing for the last umpteen miles.

go out, pass and get the hell back in and outa my way, or I swear to god next time I'll go straight through ya!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #1599
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
calculator....1 = bottom left
mobile phone....1 = top right
cordless phone.....1 = top left
keyboard ain't got numerics.

go out, pass and get the hell back in and outa my way, or I swear to god next time I'll go straight through ya!
Having a nice day are we??
Old 24-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #1600
MR REKLAW
BF XR8 Ute
Donating Member3

Talking Re: Geez! I hate that!

Having a nice day are we??

He was:
2006 BF MKII XR8 Ute,Shockwave Blue.

HERS 2003 LX Focus Sedan,Silver.

Past Rides:- XD Panel Van,XE Panel van,XF Wagon,ED Wagon,BA Fairmont.

Greetings Earthlings.
MR REKLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #1601
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no I'm not, stupid woman almost killed me.....went out then stayed opposite the drivers cab of the KW road train, leaving me and the feller behind me to hit the brakes and fall back behind the truck......the poor bloody truckie had to lock up and fall in behind this dopey sheila.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 24-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #1602
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

These days, when I get those arcs wipes who crawl past a slow vehicle and pull in, or speed up at the overtaking lanes, is to pull up along side them then just sit there and as the lane comes to an end, don't give them anywhere to go, slow down or speed up with them till they run out of road and are forced to stop or go off the road. It works especially well when you have the train behind you because no matter what they do they're forced to wait till the train goes by.

I know that doesn't help you Poppa but it is sort of related. In your case all you can do is sit on their bumper and lean on your horn and hope they wake up.

PS. Obviously you don't do that if it's going to put the slow mover in danger as well.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 24-11-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #1603
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate I just get out of their way.......but this one nearly got us all.

last thing I want is to be involved with three motor vehicles and a twin trailer road train pile up....truckie has got to put up with the flat spots on his tyres now for the rest of his trip.

I was watching him in his mirrors, poor bugger, she was sitting right at his door.

I got the big "thumbs up" from him as a thank you for backing off and giving him room when we eventually got past him and her.

never mind ..........another day tomorrow.

Old 25-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #1604
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bloody appliances that have no parts backup 12 months later.

bought an evaporative, transportable, air-con for our dogs last year, belt has now stretched and won't stay on, cannot get this belt anywhere.

$279 it cost us and is now rendered useless with all parts in good condition for the sake of a $2.00 belt.

it looks to be a simple "O" ring, if I still had my hydraulic ram seal repair kit I could make one.

Old 25-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #1605
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
bloody appliances that have no parts backup 12 months later.

bought an evaporative, transportable, air-con for our dogs last year, belt has now stretched and won't stay on, cannot get this belt anywhere.

$279 it cost us and is now rendered useless with all parts in good condition for the sake of a $2.00 belt.

it looks to be a simple "O" ring, if I still had my hydraulic ram seal repair kit I could make one.
Chop out a section and superglue the ends? I did that a couple of times in the 80s to run the water pumps on 3 cylinder diesel engines that needed to be started and tested after a rebuild. I'm sure it was just a glorified O ring that I cut and shut...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #1606
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah! I tried that with some sort of you bute glue but it did two rounds and broke.

I nipped down to our local council compound and asked one of the boys if he could knock me up one, he brought a box of "O" rings out and there was one in there that is a close match.

brought it home, put it on and she's a good'un!

so much for "after sales service" from our local electrical retailer.

the doggies won't have to put up with the heat now.

Old 28-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #1607
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Bloody leaky beer bottles.... spent the afternoon erecting a fence, well, half the fence anyway, and came inside and cracked a nice cold Coopers light. Well, I only got a couple of slurps out of it and the next thing you know I pick it up and the bottle is empty. I mean, come on, I only had a couple of swigs, geez. So I went and got another and took a slurp on the way back from the fridge and sat down to format my PC and wouldn't ya know it, a couple of slurps later and the bloody bottle is empty again! I swear, I only had a couple of swigs. I'm convinced those first 2 bottles had leaks in them, it's just not good enough.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #1608
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Bloody leaky beer bottles.... spent the afternoon erecting a fence, well, half the fence anyway, and came inside and cracked a nice cold Coopers light. Well, I only got a couple of slurps out of it and the next thing you know I pick it up and the bottle is empty. I mean, come on, I only had a couple of swigs, geez. So I went and got another and took a slurp on the way back from the fridge and sat down to format my PC and wouldn't ya know it, a couple of slurps later and the bloody bottle is empty again! I swear, I only had a couple of swigs. I'm convinced those first 2 bottles had leaks in them, it's just not good enough.
Was there an open hole toward the thin part of the neck?

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #1609
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
Was there an open hole toward the thin part of the neck?

Cheers Vincenzo
I believe Bushy spent quite a bit of time in the Mudgee wine area so he's used to bigger bottles.

Maybe you should send him a couple of your Darwin Stubbies! (Do they still make them?)
Old 28-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #1610
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Maybe you should send him a couple of your Darwin Stubbies! (Do they still make them?)
Good thinking' - yes they still make them and at 2.25 Litres (80Fl Oz) should be more than a few mouthfuls.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 28-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #1611
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

It wouldn't be like that if you were drinking heavy (or Vintage!).

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #1612
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People that complain about the price of fuel after they`ve spent an extra $15.00 at 7/11 on pies, coffee and coke.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #1613
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Another car park rant. I've scored a short term job delivering frozen seafood around Brisbane from a wholesaler to restaurants/cafes etc. I drive a Toyota ute with a freezer unit on the back. I had a delivery to Westfield North Lakes - it's a very large shopping centre.

I pulled into a car park beside this chap who was fitting an external sunshade across his windscreen. My window was up but I heard his comment. "2000 free ******* car parks and you pull up beside me while I'm doing something"

I'm normally a peaceful calm person and just let things go that aren't worth the bother with ****heads. When I lose my temper I usually regret it. I decided that I wasn't letting it go this time.

I jumped out of the ute and calmly but firmly asked "What's the problem mate?" He angrily repeated what he had just said, then punched the side of the fridge unit (no damage). I said to him that this was a public car park where people come to park their cars, and would he like me to punch his car? (Hyundai) He started getting abusive and calling me bad names. I told him his attitude had better change or I would give him a free "tune up".

He backed down, tore off his sunshade and drove off. As he was getting back into his car, I wished him a nice day.

What a knob!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #1614
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate f-wits using Facebook in cars!

Early yesterday morning (right on sunrise) waiting at a red arrow, I was the 2nd car back - we're the only 2 cars at the intersection.

Arrow goes green, bimbo in front still has her head down, looking in her lap, most likely browsing Facebook on her phone, as the glow was lighting up the whole drivers area of the interior. Gentle honk of the horn to wake her up, and all I cop is a string of abuse out of her drivers window. A very animated pair of middle fingers, and then she finally drives off through the orange light. FFS she was the one causing the problem!

This prompted me to look into the cars stopped around me at the lights on my way home. I was absolutely flabbergasted at how many young guys & girls (and not so young girls) sit and browse Facebook on their phones at red lights. At one stage the car in front, and 2 in the lane beside were all doing it! Some even continued to scroll as we drove off through the green lights, and the guy in front continued on while we were heading onto the freeway merge!

Some were 'sneaky' and doing it in their lap (bit hard to hide it when they're looking at their crotch & smiling). Others were blatantly obvious - the phone mounted on a cradle mounted on the windscreen, so it was plain as day.

Instead of hiding in the bushes, or relying on cameras, the cops need to actually drive around to spot these idiots, and book them. They are far more dangerous than someone doing 3km/h over.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #1615
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
I told him his attitude had better change or I would give him a free "tune up".Cheers!
Holy Geez shifty, glad I didn't ask you to tune the BM on the way back to Darwin.

Glad to see you post something, tried to contact when I saw all the damage in your area but phone was off etc.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 30-11-2014, 01:00 AM   #1616
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate facebook it's full of @#$$%#%&&$*^*$^%^^@#@!^& people.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 03:44 AM   #1617
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I should say facebook seems to bring out all the wingers, constantly winging about cats roaming, noisy motorbikes, oh workers starting too early waking people up, people dobbing on other people.
It's horrible.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #1618
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not to mention what they plan to cook (or buy) for the next 3 meals, how much they fart, and when they last sat on the throne.....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #1619
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you considered....................

she might not have been facebooking

these dear lonely people might indeed be having a quiet 'play' in their crotch area, and for some that takes a lot of concentration and for others trying hard to find their 'thing'
Old 30-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #1620
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

dumb asses who cant read road signs
we have a small country school near us
it drops from 100 kmh down to 80 near the school
then in front of the school there is a 60kmh sign and underneath this 60kmh sign it says
"between 8AM-9AM AND 3-4PM SCHOOLDAYS"

so im cruising to the local shop and of course dumbass non locals see 60 and panic, slowing down to around 55
its an 80 zone, its 10.30 am on a friggin saturday
so you end up creeping up their *** because youre doing the correct speed limit of 80
they give you the finger wave in the mirror and all the usual ****
you pull up at the end of hte road they are turn right you are turning left windows are down
you get the filthy look and the usual dribble about tailgating
so i ask
'whats the speed limit past the school?'
60 ******** whats with the tailgating
********?..well listening here ****head maybe you should read the road signs
(promptly explained the sign)
oh i didnt see that
yeah thats right, youre abusing me when its you thats not able to read basic roadsigns properly. you just saw 60 and thats was it, you didnt READ what it said underneath

no apology
no thanks .....nothimg

happens at least once a week
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post