Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
FESTEC

Default New Member Just Saying Hi

Hi all just wanted to say Hi, I am from Ringwood in Victoria and am 30 years of age and work in sales for Teac in Tullamarine Vic.

I just picked up my WQ Panther Black Fiesta Zetec on Saturday morning.

I love it, and the handeling is great but I have to lower it and was wondering what springs every one is using kings or pedders?

Also air filters do you all just use the K&N pannel filter or do you go for a pod?

With the exhaust do you just go a 2" form the cat back as I could not find anywhere here in aus that does extractors?

Sorry for all the questions guys but with bigger wheels is there an offset issue or will anything fit on the car was thinking 18" but may just go 17".?

Clear side indicators where do you get them from? are they the same as the current Focus zetec?

I have owed a few cars in my short time a 2002 wrx a mazda 3 sp23 and now the fessty and I LOVE IT... :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :1syellow1 :

Cheers and hope to speak to and meet some of you in the future.

Adrian

FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

welcome to the forums ! im mitch. i own a 04 Fiesta.

In regards to springs, i have king spring lows which are 30mm lower than stock. Ride is still very compliant and as a certain ex fiesta owner said to me yesterday ''these arnt as crashy as the pedders springs i had''

I bought my kings through a place called Auto One for $270ish give or take 5 bucks.
If your planning on lowering the fiesta id say limit your wheel selection to stay within 16 or 17inch, thats if u want it to stay a competent handler and not get guard rub.

The engine bay in the fiesta is quite small and everything is packed in really tight ! so most of the time people just opt for a replacement filter (which i did originally) it gave the car the ability to breathe a little better but nothing huge at all.

Since then ive got rid of the airbox in favour of a K&N apollo and a custom made pipe to mount it. Much better results, less choke high in the rpm range. Sounds neat too.

Exhaust, ive found its hard to keep this car quiet. I have a 2inch exhaust with a triflow rear muffler and a straight through centre muffler. Its still bloody loud alot of the time.

If i were you, id keep the standard exhaust but replace the mid muffler and rear muffler.

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay !
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #3
danny71

welcome,
can i ask why you went from a WRX + SP23, to a fiesta zetec?
danny71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
FESTEC

danny71 went from the wrx to the sp23 because I was sick of spending money on the rex, ie petrol and insurance and mods(close to $15k) and then brought the sp23, but then I changed my job and started doing 110-130km a day so petrol started to become a issue with that car so sold it and brought fessty. Its a big change and is taking me a bit to get used to the size difference and power difference, but my saying now is that I can't use that sort of power anymore as I can't afford to loose my licence or the money. : :
FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Howdy, black seems to be a very popular colour for Fezzas. I've only got a K&N panel filter & couldn't say how it compares to a standard cos I had it in, in less than a week. Eibach make springs with a 35mm drop & are a factory option in europe, covered by warranty. That's about all I'm thinking of changing + tints & maybe a backbox. Extractors would be nice but. I quite like the standard wheels as well.
Old 29-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats for the new car, Adrian. I also just got mine It's not a Zetec but I LOVE it.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Welcome mate, Good to see another Victorian Fez Zetec owner!

Mines a WP Zetec Manual in Colorado Red. Had it fer a year and love it. Hope to see you come to some meets, and hope to see your car around! I'm only in Warrandyte so I'd imagine that we may cross paths from time to time anyway, haha you can't miss my car, Loud, Wheels, Lowered eurofordclub stickers and V Euro Plates.

Enjoy your new car anyways mate,

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post