Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 24-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
alokin123

Default Service Interval question

My focus sport is coming up to 12 months since purchase. I had the 3 months 'piece of mind' service and was wondering if I am sticking to the 12 months service interval, when should I be taking my car back for a service? Is it 12 months from purchase date? I have only done 8500km...

alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: Service Interval question

If the 3 month peace of mind service you are referring to was the 1000 km check up then that is not a real service but a very basic walk around the car kick all 4 wheels to make sure they're still on, have a quick look under the car to check things that belong there and remove things that don't Unless it specified that the oil etc... was changed at that service it won't have been. The usual servicing on the Focus is at 15,000 km intervals so if the oil was changed at the 3 month service then it really shouldn't need doing until you have travelled another 15,000 kms. Make sure you keep check of the oil level and quality and if it still looks clean and not really dark then it should be OK for now, you could also inspect the air filter element and remove and clean it by blowing it out with compressed air, most other fluids (coolant, brake etc..) should be fine but keep an eye on the levels

Last edited by Russ; 24-07-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

15k or 12 months from last service 'Whatever happens first' is the wording they use I think.

If you have only done 8.5k km you will need to go by the time factor, not the distance factor unless you all of a sudden start doing a lot of km.

If it were a new car, I would still just change it at 12 months from date of delivery even if they did an oil change at the peace of mind inspection.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
alokin123

thanks for the feedback guys. I called and they said its 12 months from date of delivery so I have just booked it in
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post