Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

Default Power windows problem

I think i might have a problem with my drivers side windows.
when i push for the window to go down it does so automically but when i go to put it back up i have to hold it up, for the window to go back up.. i dont need to this for any of the other windows.. it was working fine last week.. its all of a sudden not going back up on its own automatically.
when i hold the unlock button on my remote for a couple of seconds all the windows go down, when i hold the lock button all the windows go back up except the drivers window..

is this a function or something ive accidently enabled\disabled or is the power window switch or something stuffed?

Thanks in advance

Loris.

Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Sounds like the double click trigger button that is the driver side window switch isn't pushing down far enough to engage the auto-up. Can't explain why it doesn't go up when you hold the lock button. Maybe a relay? Will be a warranty issue either way.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I didn't think you could have auto up for safety reasons.(eg kid getting head or hand caught)

The LR is auto down but not auto up
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

yer thats how it is in my mates car.. but my car has been going auto up since day one.. i dont mind really if it doesnt go auto up from inside but i want it to go up with all the other windows when i hold the lock button down on my remote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #5
Lanyi

I've had this occur every time I disconnected the car's battery. What I have done, and suggest doing, is that you hold down (or up) the driver side window switch for a good 5 seconds or longer after the window has opened or closed. The auto-up/down function has to be manually re-set.

Hope that works, otherwise rjo might be right, the switch isn't working anymore.
Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

^ what he says! Same experiences on my car.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanyi
I've had this occur every time I disconnected the car's battery. What I have done, and suggest doing, is that you hold down (or up) the driver side window switch for a good 5 seconds or longer after the window has opened or closed. The auto-up/down function has to be manually re-set.

Hope that works, otherwise rjo might be right, the switch isn't working anymore.
Thanks heaps it worked!!
Thing is though i never disconnected the battery.. only thing i can think of is when I plugged in (and now removed) the tuning chip from my car. It started happening around that time.. so I blame it on that

thanks again!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
BlackLS
yum

Probably that. Also if you used auto up twice in a row and the safety lock off was activated, it will make you wind up the window by holding it all the time.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post