Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-11-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default 2016 MD Mondeo Titanium + Android Auto

Hi All,

I'm looking at a couple of Titanium Mondeos, both 2016 MD models, and absolutely love the hell out of these things. It will be a replacement for my old Escape which is moving on to another home.

My big question is this: the Escape has an aftermarket headunit which has Android Auto. I am so used to using it, and love it so much, is it possible to add it to the MD via a software update/addon module, without having to replace the factory screen which looks like it does more than just stereo functions?

Alternatively, I know some cars that have features like this built in, have aftermarket surrounds that allow you to put in an aftermarket double-din head unit, is this an option or as above does the screen control more than just stereo functions?

The particular car I am liking more is a three hour drive from me, and if I can't add Android Auto it could actually be a bit of a dealbreaker unfortunately, considering there are some other vehicles in the same calibre/price range I'm looking at that can easily have it added.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: 2016 MD Mondeo Titanium + Android Auto

Yes, the 'ICC' in the Mondeo controls more than than the audio functions but there are complete replacement systems that cover all those functions from the likes of Kayhan although they aren't without issues.

The 2016.75 Mondeo update to SYNC3 (with the 8" touchscreen) incudes Android audio out of the box so I'd look for one of those instead.

Have a read HERE

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2021, 11:11 PM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Re: 2016 MD Mondeo Titanium + Android Auto

Thanks Russell. The one I am really interested in on Carsales has a build date of February 2016, so I'm guessing that's slightly too early?

I have also been doing some reading that you can connect the car to Wifi to update the Sync software, would it be software upgradable to SYNC3?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post