Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2021, 01:51 AM   #31
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Honda: What are you doing?

I picked up a 2011 jazz today from the same dealer I bought my accord from back in 09, what an epic car, from a time when Honda had a range of cars available.
I quizzed the guy about how the new dealer model is going, he shrugged his shoulders and said their future is suvs and electric cars, not sure if he was pulling out the party line or genuine. The new HRV (Vezel) is incoming, as long as they don’t price it a $70k, they have half a chance of picking up some volume over the dated current model.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 09-12-2021, 12:13 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
I picked up a 2011 jazz today from the same dealer I bought my accord from back in 09, what an epic car, from a time when Honda had a range of cars available.
I quizzed the guy about how the new dealer model is going, he shrugged his shoulders and said their future is suvs and electric cars, not sure if he was pulling out the party line or genuine. The new HRV (Vezel) is incoming, as long as they don’t price it a $70k, they have half a chance of picking up some volume over the dated current model.
That's the problem, 70k is probably realistic for them now. Or will they panic and start dropping RRP's?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2021, 06:07 PM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

This is the polite way of them saying we want out. Over price everything and watch the market share die.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2021, 06:12 PM   #34
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
This is the polite way of them saying we want out. Over price everything and watch the market share die.
The funny thing is though,Mike Costello(Car Expert) was asked whether he thought Honda would exit the market,to which he replied:I think ATECO will take over distribution rights eventually.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:20 PM   #35
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
DING DING DING..........we have a winner.

Honda wanted out long ago but came up against dealer push back after many had invested in new showrooms. So now they will throttle the brand to the point of no return.

And if ATECO take the brand over, watch it do what every brand does under that umbrella, ie: nothing!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #36
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
The first and second generation Jazz had real personality and clever engineering. To me, the second gen still looks fresh.

The third generation couldn't be any blander if they tried.

Mustang GT

This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2021, 10:27 PM   #37
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The first and second generation Jazz had real personality and clever engineering. To me, the second gen still looks fresh.

The third generation couldn't be any blander if they tried.

I dont like the 3rd gen either, but i was trying to get a car with a screen for $11-12k, i went and had a look at a 14 model for $12k from a dodgy we rebuild wrecks yard and it was just that, a wreck.
On the way home, stopped at a honda dealer and they had a 2nd gen 2011 model VTI (no screen though)sitting in the trade in bay yet to be reconditioned, with a couple of small dents but otherwise spotless, needing a service. I asked how much "as is", they said $10k. SOLD!
Got it home and went thru the service book, FULL honda dealer service history, the tyres are new, and the interior looks like no one has ever sat in it, what a cracker.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 10-12-2021, 07:00 PM   #38
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good buy!! The missus had a Jazz, bought new in 2007 and sold in 2017. Best little car we've ever had, interior was bloody fantastic, so versatile and swallowed much more than you think it could. 6.5L/100km was what you got when fanging through the burbs, averaged 5.5L/100km. I once got 3.9L/100km on the dash readout sitting on 90kph on a 60km night drive! Used to drive it Adelaide-Melbourne on a single 40L tank...
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2021, 12:48 AM   #39
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
Good buy!! The missus had a Jazz, bought new in 2007 and sold in 2017. Best little car we've ever had, interior was bloody fantastic, so versatile and swallowed much more than you think it could. 6.5L/100km was what you got when fanging through the burbs, averaged 5.5L/100km. I once got 3.9L/100km on the dash readout sitting on 90kph on a 60km night drive! Used to drive it Adelaide-Melbourne on a single 40L tank...
My Father in law bought a base model Jazz new on 2010 (2nd gen) and traded it earlier this year after he retired... It never gave him a single issue over his ownership, and never ceased to amaze me the amount of space it had for its size and how well it drove... He was sad to see it do, but they wanted to do more touring so bought an SUV.. Sadly, they tried Honda first and where disappointed..

Sad to a company that gave us VTEC and the -R's/Type R's, the NSX and awesome little N/A performance cars is, in all reality, going down the tubes, and out of our market...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-12-2021, 12:12 AM   #40
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And now with the F1 win, they may behave even more arrogant.
When you buy a Honda you also pay for shares in the F1 circus
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2021, 05:43 PM   #41
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gonna swagger arrogantly this evening whipper snippering the back garden with my Honda Whipper snipper and when cutting lawn with Honda powered lawn mover, and pretend my name is Max.

Likely only Honda products I am likely to use in the foreseeable future......

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #42
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Gonna swagger arrogantly this evening whipper snippering the back garden with my Honda Whipper snipper and when cutting lawn with Honda powered lawn mover, and pretend my name is Max.

Me too! I have the ‘F1’ version mower!
Old 21-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #43
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:

Hate to break it to you, but those Honda's are now made in China........

Mustang GT

Old 22-12-2021, 10:30 PM   #44
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Hate to break it to you, but those Honda's are now made in China........

Hey DFB

Tried to look and see what the oem construction sign was on my Honda mower engine- but we have a different standard of cleanliness- all I could see on engine block was grass gunk over entire block high pressure heat blasted on over the last 3 years.

Bit like difference between our FGX XR8 tailpipes- mine has tar gravel between the pipe pairs both sides...lets not even go your diamond polished pipes....

But my Honda mower engine is the real deal- is about 5 years old mounted on a Victa alloy body- I know by the huge pull torque steer of the mower.....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2021, 10:34 PM   #45
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Hey DFB

Tried to look and see what the oem construction sign was on my Honda mower engine- but we have a different standard of cleanliness- all I could see on engine block was grass gunk over entire block high pressure heat blasted on over the last 3 years.

Bit like difference between our FGX XR8 tailpipes- mine has tar gravel between the pipe pairs both sides...lets not even go your diamond polished pipes....

But my Honda mower engine is the real deal- is about 5 years old mounted on a Victa alloy body- I know by the huge pull torque steer of the mower.....
The Victa alloy base is a good solid one, and while I mock the Made-in-China aspect, those engines are most certainly the real deal, probably the best mower engine I have ever had (and I have had many!).
Mustang GT