Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Spirit
Starter Motor

Default Fuel pressure regulator replacement

Hi all, first post so here goes!

Have just cleaned out throttle body and IAC on my SR (130,000km) which weren't as grubby as I had expected considering. Anyway was going to try and clean out the regulator, but after removing the circlip and having a brief go at it reckon I'm gonna chew it up a bit with the multi's to get it. So figure just get a newie and not use kid gloves to remove .

Genuine Ford replacement about the same price as a Bosch $100ish any difference?

Cheers

Dave

Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
AUFanboy

Default Re: Fuel pressure regulator replacement

Same thing, the original is a german made bosch one. I chewed mine up but put it back in... new one is on the to-do list (will fit reco injectors at the same time). Also I found it hard to get back in, had to use a socket and rubber mallet which felt a bit brutal. Might be best to remove the fuel rail, it's a pain reaching down behind that intake manifold!
AUFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Spirit
Starter Motor

Ok thanks mate. Wasn't sure if it the original was a Bosch or not as there was another on ebay advertised as a genuine Ford item. Will get the Bosch anyway.

Any dramas to remove the fuel rail itself?
Old 28-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
AUFanboy

Not too bad, throttle body has to come off to wiggle it out. Also have to get the brake booster hose fitting out of the way, and undo the main wiring loom plug. Pretty easy to work out what needs to come off once you start. The fuel hoses come off at the quick connectors under the passenger's feet, so have to be done from underneath. I found some WD-40 on the release collars to clean and lube them made it easy enough to get off. Be ready for fuel to leak out though!
AUFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Spirit
Starter Motor

Fitted the new regulator tonight.

You were right AUFanboy it was a pain in the butt to remove the old and nearly as tedious to get the new one in. However had it done in an hour and a half so not too bad I suppose and i did manage (awkwardly) to do it all without removing anything else.
This user likes this post:
Old 02-02-2024, 05:42 PM   #6
Bernie351

how do you get the flickin C clip back on ?
Without the regulator popin back up :(
Bernie351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2024, 11:10 PM   #7
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie351 View Post
how do you get the flickin C clip back on ?
Without the regulator popin back up :(
The fuel reg will click into place once its fully seated then the clip will go back on.

You need to make sure the FPR o-rings are lubed with something like engine oil, otherwise its a right bastard and near impossible to get the thing to push down and full seat.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2024, 11:15 PM   #8
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
The fuel reg will click into place once its fully seated then the clip will go back on.

You need to make sure the FPR o-rings are lubed with something like engine oil, otherwise its a right bastard and near impossible to get the thing to push down and full seat.
Or if you forget to depressurise the fuel line beforehand, then you can just shove it in......auto lube

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2024, 11:33 PM   #9
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Or if you forget to depressurise the fuel line beforehand, then you can just shove it in......auto lube
I would firstly suggest that would lead to an express removal of the FPR and a likely eye injury.

If the bonnet wasn't there I wonder how far it would fling it...
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post