Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-08-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New tattoo in the mix...

Hey guys, decided on my next tattoo.

I'm going for a nautical star over my heart (in honour of my Pake) and am looking to go to Purple Haze.

So, two questions.. It's going to be i'd say roughly 10cm in diameter, how long do you reckon it'll take them/what price would I be looking at roughly? (just an idea, i'll be going to see the guys later this week/next week anyway).

Also, has anyone heard anything bad about them? I've heard praise from Woz on here, and another guy off the net.. But just making sure.

Cheers guys.

PS. If you don't know what a nautical star looks like, www.google.com =P And no, i'm not getting it for the punk/emo thing, or the lesbian thing either... My Pake was a captain ;)

Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #2
TheChemist
Starter Motor

first thing, if you are thin, on the chest hurts like hell (well it did for me)
but yeah it depends on the tattoo artist, maybe 1-2 hours. and might cost $200+
TheChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Whats a Pake?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #4
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heheh, Pake is Dutch/Freisian for Grandpa =)

Cheers Chemist.. Yeah, i'm kinda thin.. but expecting it to hurt, lol. I seem to want all mine in painful places. First one I got was on the inside of my wrist, then this one, next is on the back of my neck, and one after that is under my upper arm on the inside.. eep.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Little bit off topic but I had an artist start a tatt on my arm a few years ago. Took my sweet time getting back to him and now he is not to be found. Outlines are bascially done, just need more detail and shading.

I have been told other artists do not like to finish work. Is this true? Does anyone know a good tattoo artist in Melb they can recommend?

Popin Fresh if you are happy with that for your grandpa go ahead and get it!! :
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #6
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Little bit off topic but I had an artist start a tatt on my arm a few years ago. Took my sweet time getting back to him and now he is not to be found. Outlines are bascially done, just need more detail and shading.

I have been told other artists do not like to finish work. Is this true? Does anyone know a good tattoo artist in Melb they can recommend?

Popin Fresh if you are happy with that for your grandpa go ahead and get it!! :
From what i have found yeah some will some wont, I have one on my arm i want a little more done on, but i dont trust the originall artist anymore as ive found an awsome bloke and i asked him and he said he would But i spose i am a reasonably regular customer so it may be different, but at the end of it this means stuff all to you as im in Adelaide sorry lol
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Hey guys, decided on my next tattoo.

I'm going for a nautical star over my heart (in honour of my Pake) and am looking to go to Purple Haze.

So, two questions.. It's going to be i'd say roughly 10cm in diameter, how long do you reckon it'll take them/what price would I be looking at roughly? (just an idea, i'll be going to see the guys later this week/next week anyway).

Also, has anyone heard anything bad about them? I've heard praise from Woz on here, and another guy off the net.. But just making sure.

Cheers guys.

PS. If you don't know what a nautical star looks like, www.google.com =P And no, i'm not getting it for the punk/emo thing, or the lesbian thing either... My Pake was a captain ;)

Purple Haze are very clean and professional and have a room full of trophy's for their work, i have my work done their and i will be going back.
Mick's a top bloke, just don't let him put any comedy on the T.V, laughing while being tattooed hurts. :hihi:
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #8
TATT2
100% aussie hillbilly

tattooing is what i do for a living
TATT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #9
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Is there any other Parlours that people can recommend?

I already have a southern cross tattoo on my arm but am looking at getting something more complex done on my left shoulder blade.

This image, not totally orginal, but it has deep meaning to me (most tats on people do).
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been recommended Purple Haze and Chapel a few times by people.
Old 14-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #11
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Popinfresh, I'm only skinny myself but had my latest one done down the top of my left forearm. The tele's are always on at Purple Haze and there's always conversation going amongst everyone, so there's plenty else to think about.

Also, I've heard heaps of praise for Mick, but only had work done by Matt. He's really good when working, holds the gun close enough to ink properly, but doesn't push down like some people apparently do. So, going by that, it's about as easy to take there as it's going to be anywhere else.

And as Falcon Coupe has already said, they are cleaner in there than anywhere else I've seen. Everything is wrapped and sterile and there's no smoking inside, as opposed to a couple of places I've seen with ashtrays only feet from where someone was being tattooed.

I know you've already heard me praise Purple Haze before, popinfresh, but I wouldn't ever hesitate to do so again.

Regardless of where you go, though, good luck and I hope you're happy with the results, mate.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 01:00 AM   #12
Stampy

2 hours and $300 .oo unless its only black and then $200 and a little less time
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #13
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

if the tattoo is only 10cm in diameter.. it should only take 15-30 min TOPS. its not that complex of a design really.

I dont know what the going rates are, i get tattoo'd out of working hours by my mate at celtic, so its $100 a sit for me

If you are going to get a big piece done you should check out celtic sun tattoo shop in cranbourne.. or if your up the other side of town.. head on into chapel and ask for Jake... one of austrailias best tattooists.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #14
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Cool

Hey there smoked, was lookin at ya tattoo and had a thought, are you a metallica fan by any chance ??????

Little fox

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

i think so...
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post