Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #1
MrLandau

Default Help needed

Hi people - I am in a bind.
I need a series 1, series 2 and series 3 V8 owners to post up the numbers on the Mass airflow meters so we can get support from Pro-M for replacement/upgraded meters. Can you please post up your MAF numbers and where it comes from (ie. Series 1 AU - 19lb/hr injectors)
Shane
Your Australian Pro-M distributor

Growing old is inevitable
:eclipsee_ Growing up is optional :eclipsee_
MrLandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey shane, heres one of mine, off an au1 non xr.
>PBT-GF30<
F57F-12B579-CA
8E27 -2

ill get the one off my car for ya tommorro mate, tis an au2 xr8 200kw.

cheers, phil.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #3
MrLandau

Thank you.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #4
richardxr8

AU1 TE50 200kw - Not 100% sure on injectors, but I think 24lb ?

F57F-12B579-CA
8F04 - 2
richardxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #5
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You already have an AU1 but I thought I'd put mine up anyway as the thrid number is different.

AU1 F/Ghia V8

>PBT-GF30<
F57F-12B579-CA
SJ30 - 2

What are these numbers anyways?
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 12:16 AM   #6
MrLandau

The important number is the F57F-12B579-CA. The first 4 alphanumeric code desigantes what the meter is designed for. ( F5 = 1995 ) - the numbers after go into the specific model.
Does anyone have a series 1 XR8 MAF meter for me - I am sure the numbers will be the same. These were all 19lb injectors on the series 1 weren't they?
Shane

Old 03-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #7
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes mate, all au1's were 19lb, au1 t series were 24lbs(they had the 200 kw motors) au2 xr8 had 24lbs(200kw) 24lbs for the 220kw, and 24lb for the 250kw strokers.
I think au 2 no xr had 19, while later au2, and au3 non xr had 24lb.
sorry mate, was ****ing down rain all day, didnt get to look under the bonnet, mine is an 200kw au2 with 24lb injectors.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:04 AM   #8
MrLandau

It is very interesting that the TE series used the same MAF as the base V8 - hinting that the AU computer is more like the 94/95 mustang computer in that the computer in this series controls the injector curve and not the MAF like the Eb-ED and pre 93 mustangs.
Shane

Old 03-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A little bit off topic, but how can you tell what lb/hr injectors you have? I have 99 model XR8 and it's got blue injectors - the same as my AU2 V8 forte, and Muzz's AU2 200kw XR8. I would have thought that the same colour would mean the same rating. Is that incorrect? How else do you tell - like is it printed on the injectors anywhere?

MAF (AU1 XR8 auto): F57F-12B579-CA
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 03-02-2005 at 03:07 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #10
MrLandau

The series 2 and 3 AU's use Bosch EV6 24lb/hr injectors which are blue. The series 1 AU's use Bosch EV1 19lb/hr injectors which are orange tops and grey bodies. The GT's, Sprint's and FBT's use Bosch EV1 24lb/hr injectors.
Shane

Old 03-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #11
AUGhiaV8

I have a 9/98 series 1 with orange (more a brown colour actually) EV6 style injectors - these look exactly the same as the blue ones except for the colour. I have contacted Bosch about these (giving them the part numbers) and was told they have the same flow rate as the blue injectors (also gave the part numbers for those)... this is what they had to say "The injector pictured is part number 0 280 155 903, the brown/orange injector referred to is part number 0 280 155 917. Both of these injectors have a flow rate of 150.2 g/min which loosely equates to ~ 24 lbs/hour." I must admit I've never seen an AU with EV1 style injectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLandau
It is very interesting that the TE series used the same MAF as the base V8 - hinting that the AU computer is more like the 94/95 mustang computer in that the computer in this series controls the injector curve and not the MAF like the Eb-ED and pre 93 mustangs.
So does that mean the AU 19lb and 24lb injectors are interchangable without having to worry about the MAF?

Last edited by AUGhiaV8; 03-02-2005 at 05:16 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 05:21 PM   #12
AUGhiaV8

Oops... forgot - my MAF number is F57F-12B579-CA, so the same as everyone else's so far (AU series 1 Ghia with std V8).
Old 03-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #13
xr8ute
Back on the road

I've got a series 1 XR8 (build 11/99), so I'll check the MAF for you tonight. My injectors are the blue EV6 type as well...
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #14
MrLandau

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGhiaV8
So does that mean the AU 19lb and 24lb injectors are interchangable without having to worry about the MAF?
No - what that means is that the computer controls the calibration - same as the 94/94 mustang GT & 95 mustang cobra. They both used the same MAF injector curve but the different computers handled the true injector pulse width. Instead of changing MAF - you would change computers....Which is cheaper?
The MAF function can still be used to upgrade the injector sizing - I just need to determine
1. What the meter we use on the AU's is used for on the American counterpart (already chasing that one)
2. What model computers modify the injector pulse width for the larger injectors for ordering purposes.
Anyone in Adelaide want to be a guinea pig for me and test some MAF's?
Shane

Old 03-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLandau
The series 2 and 3 AU's use Bosch EV6 24lb/hr injectors which are blue. The series 1 AU's use Bosch EV1 19lb/hr injectors which are orange tops and grey bodies. The GT's, Sprint's and FBT's use Bosch EV1 24lb/hr injectors.
Shane
Where are you getting your info from? There are two AU1 XR8s that have replied and both have the blue injectors, the non-XR has the grey/orange/dirty brown ones.

I would suggest that the AU1 XR8s came with the blue injectors, and the non-XR V8s didn't.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #16
xr8ute
Back on the road

MAF;
F57F-12B579-CA
9A05-2

Injectors;
XS2E-B5A
0 280 155 908 edit: may be 0 280 155 903??

For AU1 XR8 build date 11/99.

As far as EV1 vs EV6 injectors on AU's, it is probably more likely build date related than a hi-perf vs lo-perf thing.

I think the EV6 injectors were introduced (in American Fords) sometime during 1999, so it would make sense that the same thing happened here.

Last edited by xr8ute; 04-02-2005 at 12:05 AM.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 12:05 AM   #17
MrLandau

I have only genuinely looked at the 1st of the AU's when they first came out. The one's I saw still had the orange EV1 injectors on it.
I do not profess to know all about the AU's - this is why I am here asking for your help. In the end - you will be the one to benefit if I can get you Pro-M 70mm meters for your car for $380
To put that into perspective - I was looking at $330 change over trade price for one when mine suffered 1 too many LPG lean backfires or over $1400 trade from Fords.
Shane

Old 04-02-2005, 12:30 AM   #18
AUGhiaV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
I think the EV6 injectors were introduced (in American Fords) sometime during 1999, so it would make sense that the same thing happened here.
Yet mine is a Sept 1998 build (AU's first month) and it has the EV6 type (albeit brown in clour)... wouldn't be the first time Ford has chopped and changed though. Oh, and I tried asking a few Ford places about the series 1 injectors and all claimed the blue EV6 were the only ones ever used in the AU - clearly not correct given mine.

Does anyone have the EV1 type in their AU and if so what is the build date?
Old 04-02-2005, 12:52 AM   #19
MrLandau

I thought the EV6's were fitted to all modulars which makes them 1996. Corral is not working for me ATM so it is hard to confirm.
Shane

Old 04-02-2005, 07:16 PM   #20
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, heres the maf numbers off my au2 xr8, 200 kw(2001model)
>PBT 0F30<
F57F - 12B579 - CA
0K02 - 2

mine has the blue 24lb injectors.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #21
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is off my Dads 01/00 series 1 XR8 auto
F57F-12B579-CA
9L04-2
Has blue injectors engine code Z
We are assuming it's 185kw but the dealer said it's a 200kw so your guess is as good as ours.

Will get the numbers off my SII XR8 Ute as soon as it's here again.

Neil
neil101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #22
MrLandau

Thanks guys. Any series 3 owners out there?
Shane

Old 10-02-2005, 02:37 AM   #23
MrLandau

I took what information I had to Jim from Pro-M and it looks like I have to send an AU meter and AU airbox over so we can get the correct calibrations sorted for the AU Falcons. 2 weeks and we should have it sorted.
Shane

Old 22-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #24
MrLandau

Jim has received the meter and has entered the calibration into the database. Has anyone got any dyno results showing air/fuel ratio's on standard motors so we can see if it needs fuel added or pulled at any of the manipulation points.
Your help is appreciated - and it is you who will benifit the most from this.
Shane

Old 22-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #25
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How standard does it have to be? Only things changed from stock on this run is the BMC filter, XR8 extractors/cats and 3" exhaust. By the look of the A/F ratio though I might have a buggered oxy sensor?

http://fordforums.com.au/attachment....achmentid=1394
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #26
MrLandau

I guess the more standard the better - if we can get some knowledge base on what the standard meter does on a standard car - we can manipulate the injector pulse width at various points on the injector curve to get the air/fuel ratios as flat as posible across the board.
Shane