Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 13-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
BFXR8

Default Pads for ba gt

Hi can I have a price for a set of front and rear pads for a ba gt [ blue breaks ] but I am after a set the really pull the car up well .

BFXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Pads for ba gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFXR8 View Post
Hi can I have a price for a set of front and rear pads for a ba gt [ blue breaks ] but I am after a set the really pull the car up well .
No worries i would go the Ferodo DS Performance pads and they will cost you about $300 for both sets thanks

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
BFXR8

Thanks are they a quite pad ? are they high dust pads?
BFXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFXR8 View Post
Thanks are they a quite pad ? are they high dust pads?
Yes to dusty and noise is something that is possible but not all cars suffer from it when they fit them.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 03-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
RJx307

Hey Matt,
Just wondering as I recently got a set of Remsa pads for my front 325mm pbr's and they are incredibly noisy(squeeky). Just wondering if there were some pads that would squeek less if at all?
RJx307 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJx307 View Post
Hey Matt,
Just wondering as I recently got a set of Remsa pads for my front 325mm pbr's and they are incredibly noisy(squeeky). Just wondering if there were some pads that would squeek less if at all?
Did you machine or replace the rotors at all as we find the chance of pad noise is increased when pads have been fitted without replacing or machining the rotors. Noise is generally a harmonic issue under like braking.
I would also say that the performance calipers like the C5 and the Brembo 4 pots have higher noise issues than std caliper and even some of the HSV guys are having the the same issue in the HSV C5 calipers as well.
Remsa pads are generally pretty good and i reckon i have seen just about every major brand of pad have noise issues in both those calipers. It might only happen 1 or 2 in every 10 sets you sell.

Sorry but to answer the question we have pads that are generally not noisy but just can't guarentee it. Bendix heavy duty and the Hawk ceramic pads are very good and like the Remsa we have minimum issues with them.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Last edited by FLOORED; 04-04-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey Matt,
I have also recently got the Remsa pads and fine them very noisy. I'm half tempted to put the stock ones back on but the stopping power is much better.

I have hit the skids pretty hard a couple of times and it's reduced the squeal, but comes back every now and then
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
I have also recently got the Remsa pads and fine them very noisy. I'm half tempted to put the stock ones back on but the stopping power is much better.

I have hit the skids pretty hard a couple of times and it's reduced the squeal, but comes back every now and then
Did you fit new rotors or have them machined? This is also the C5 caliper pad correct being a BA GT ? All this info helps identify where the problems are when we come to them and for future reference.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 04-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #9
RJx307

Thanks for the reply Matt.
I can confirm the rotors were new rda'a but I understand squeeling can happen and is rare. Supercheap do have a spray for pads that apparently stops squeeling I'm unsure if you've heard of it or would recommend not using it?

Cheers,
Rob
RJx307 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #10
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Matt.
I can confirm the rotors were new rda'a but I understand squeeling can happen and is rare. Supercheap do have a spray for pads that apparently stops squeeling I'm unsure if you've heard of it or would recommend not using it?

Cheers,
Rob
Is it the one for spraying the back of the brake pad ? That would be fine but copper grease we have found is the best product.

Phone 02 9609 1101

This user likes this post: