Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
red_hotxr6
Banned

Default A simple question

Or we allowed to discuss the war in the middle east on here or is that a no no.A simple yes or no please.Thanks.

Old 29-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #2
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

I have been thinking the same thing. But it is one of those issues that seems to get people a bit hot under the collar. The plus factor about the current "war" is that lots of people are taking the time to learn the truth about the whole middle east crisis. They seem to be learning history in a factual way. The whole world needs to learn this history. The facts and not the propaganda. It has been interesting to read the blogs on the news.com web site. I think that we Austalians at least, are starting to take a much keener interest. People are starting to see that there are 2 distinct sides to these issues. And there are no equal victims.

I hope this thread can survive. This issue is relevant to us all in a way. FUEL PRICES.

There is lots to learn, but some folks dont want to learn the facts, sometimes religion is a road block to knowledge.

Cheers all.
Old 29-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Its not relevant, touchy subject and it has sqwat to do with us.

I think its a big no.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
red_hotxr6
Banned

I have foxtex and i watch this a lot.As far as i can understand Israel and Hezbollah, after 18 years had some kind of truce/peace treaty. Hezbollah took it upon themselves to kidnap 2 Israeli soldiers, thereby breaking the treaty. Israel has now retaliated destroying Lebanon, the Hezbollah dont seem to care that this has happened in a country that is not theirs or they dont want peace or they dont even want to hand back the 2 men that they have kidnapped. What i want to vent about is all the the YOUNG KIDS AND BABIES THAT ARE DYING THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, its so sad, so sad
Old 29-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

mate its alot of crap that we will never understand. its a bad situation that will never be resolved because they are all a bunch of phyco's who brain wash their children so the cycle will continue until someone grows some balls and does something constructive, and we all know the chances of that happening are slim.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Its not relevant, touchy subject and it has sqwat to do with us.

I think its a big no.
Well i am sorry sir but i am going to disagree with you, it has everything to do with us.I cant walk past someone being mugged at an ATM, or even an annimal beinng mis treated. Believe it or nnot it is people like you or me that make the difference.
Old 29-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
Well i am sorry sir but i am going to disagree with you, it has everything to do with us.I cant walk past someone being mugged at an ATM, or even an annimal beinng mis treated. Believe it or nnot it is people like you or me that make the difference.
Im not saying I dont care, but seriously, we only see what the media wants us to which is usually a pretty one sided view. Its been going on for ages, for whatever reasons, its a crappy situation that will probably never be fixed.

And seeing someone get mugged is alot different.

And while its nice to think that we can stop a war over there, fact is we cant, and its not our war to fight or resolve. Who are we to tell them how to act?

Anyway....you did ask for a yes and a no, and Im 99.9% sure its going to be a no.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #8
red_hotxr6
Banned

I am sure you are right.I get the feeling if we girls had a bit more say/control things would be different. :
Old 29-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
I am sure you are right.I get the feeling if we girls had a bit more say/control things would be different. :
lol..and the place would be out of control...

Perhaps it can be discussed in the donating members area?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 29-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #10
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

There will never be long term peace in the middle east until either Israel or the country's that hate it are gone, as long as it's neighbors keep sending children in to cafes strapped with explosives, Israel will keep retaliating.
I know the history of Israel is questionable, but i believe it is only defending now.
Old 29-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #11
red_hotxr6
Banned

Hey Hey, dont start, are you saying that we girls/females do not have the intelligence to rule or act on any given situation.? That we are not capable of ruling or being a head of a country.? If so you better go away and have another think, please.
Old 29-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #12
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Just to get some out of the square thought happenning, do a google search on the USS Liberty. Then ask yourself if you are surprised about the UN observation post getting hammered. History repeating?
Old 29-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #13
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Hey Hey, dont start, are you saying that we girls/females do not have the intelligence to rule or act on any given situation.? That we are not capable of ruling or being a head of a country.? If so you better go away and have another think, please.
Dont sweat it, just think Maggie Thatcher, Helen Clark..... The Gandi woman, and perhaps we here in Australia might be looking at a female PM within the next 10 years or so..... Go the girls, as long as they are there on merit and not some positive action BS program.
Old 29-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #14
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just think if some of us girls ran the country, the National Spending Bill would be WAYYY up... and thats just on shoes
Old 29-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #15
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Just think if some of us girls ran the country, the National Spending Bill would be WAYYY up... and thats just on shoes
Oh please dont get us mixed up with Imelda marcos or whatever her name was.Some of us do have brains.lol
Old 29-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #16
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh please dont get us mixed up with Imelda marcos or whatever her name was.Some of us do have brains.lol
hahahaha. I know, its just thats how some of the blokes around view us regardless, so it was my turn to make fun of it.
Old 29-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #17
red_hotxr6
Banned

Nuff said. :
Old 29-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #18
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Dont sweat it, just think Maggie Thatcher, Helen Clark..... The Gandi woman, and perhaps we here in Australia might be looking at a female PM within the next 10 years or so..... Go the girls, as long as they are there on merit and not some positive action BS program.
Yeah Bro, I vote Natasha Stott Despoyer or whatever the spelling. Gotta look better than Johnny the Boy.... :
Old 29-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #19
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ppl the only way this thread will survive is if everyone takes a step back and debates from a factual point of view.
Just to clarify the 'WAR' in the middle east has been going on for thousands of years...it will peak and it will subside at various times.

In order to get a lasting peace...all sides will have to disarm and submit to control by an outside authority...e.g. the U.N.

OK lets debate the chances of a peace settlement and what logical and acceptable solution to all sides will ensure this.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 29-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #20
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
OK lets debate the chances of a peace settlement and what logical and acceptable solution to all sides will ensure this.
Three chances, and we all know what they are............. :
Old 29-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #21
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Agree with outback. Before we get into it I suggest reading up on the history of Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria etc. I did a lot of 3 unit history at school and there is wiggle room on both sides from a perspective point of view. I have formulated my opinion though and I will not share it here until a mod says it's ok (which I doubt), but I will agree that the media are playing one side to be the victims and the others to be the perpetrators. Just goes to show how people like David Koch know sweet FA about anything except their own personal agenda's.

As for getting Stott Despoja to run the country; all this would do is ensure a mass exodus of Aussie's desperately doing anything to immigrate to New Zealand and beyond. No just kidding, Natasha's alright, after all, she was the deputy leader of the democrats that needed an explanation as to how the upper and lower house worked on national TV during election 98. Surely by now she'd know stuff beyond the university union.

Quote: