Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2010, 03:56 AM   #1
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 
Default Ford Going Global

Our ford Dealer informed us that the idea that ford have in play at the moment is to go global, meaning that they will get rid of the falcon range (big mistake) and bring in cars from the US such as the Taurus. This is supposably happening around 2011-2012. There Will Essentually Be A Global Ford Selection of cars to save cost.

The Ranger and Wildtrak to be Replaced By A New Truck Called A T6. But Testing and Production Of a GT-HO Has been confirmed.

99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #2
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

the XR8 is not on the ford website not because it is going to be produced by FPV but they are now not producing anymore due to new emission regulations. A friend of mine had an FG XR8 and its dual climate zones didnt work so they tryed to get him a new one but because no more arre being produced he couldnt get one so ford have given him a G6E Turbo.
Old 15-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think it will happen eventually, but not that soon. By then the Taurus will be a completely different car, the Falcon will be a different car... they will just morph in to the same thing for consolidation. Doesn't mean end of manufacturing in Australia. Just means Ford's long term goal is a global lineup of models, no different to Mercedes and BMW. The old way of making a billion different models for different countries with a billion different brands was not the way to make better cars! I think that's why all the cars used to be so crap. By the way, T6 is just the code name I think. It will be the new Ranger.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
99AUXR
Brad

Correct That is The Long Term Goal But they are trying to go global sooner rather than later and the falcon at this stage is only set to last to the end of 2011 if I can remember. Personally the US should adopt the Australian Models They Are Far Better Built With Nicer interior. Same For Holden The Austrailian Versions Are Far Better Than The US Counter Parts. The US have never been able to get good power from engines and probably never will.

Ford Would Also Do well to put some of the FPV range into the UK. We Had a friend come over who is a Ferrari Dealer and he Saw Dads FG GT-P In the Garage And Was Blowen Away By How Staunch It Was and Said People In The UK would Pay Up to NZD120k For a car like that.
Old 15-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #5
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
T6 is just the code name I think. It will be the new Ranger.
Yes But That is what we have heard from dealer as we have got our name on one for when the announce a release date. But The Wildtrak Is such a good Ute The T6 Better Be Good, But I suppose this Global Thing Doesnt Matter because we will end up Buying A GT-HO and then just keeping that. I hope Foward Get it right and dont **** it up. Because they would be doing well to beat the E2 Supercar By Walkinshaw Racing (Love That Car)
Old 15-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #6
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR
The Austrailian Versions Are Far Better Than The US Counter Parts. The US have never been able to get good power from engines and probably never will.
Interesting, since the GM V6 engines are produced by GM globally, umm the EcoBoost V6 isn't exactly "not good power", in fact it absolutely flies, go drive one, the GM V8s are exported to Australia, as is the Ford 5.4L V8. Yes, I know it is assembled in Australia, but it is made up of parts that come from North America. Lincoln stopped using the DOHC version. 5.0L Coyote V8 not powerful enough for you? Have you sat in or driven the new Taurus? Or are you comparing the NEW Falcon to the OLD Taurus? As far as I'm concerned, they are both good cars. I will say though, the Commodore is a much better car than the Impala, but that isn't really saying much.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Our ford Dealer informed us that the idea that ford have in play at the moment is to go global, meaning that they will get rid of the falcon range (big mistake) and bring in cars from the US such as the Taurus. This is supposably happening around 2011-2012. There Will Essentually Be A Global Ford Selection of cars to save cost.

The Ranger and Wildtrak to be Replaced By A New Truck Called A T6. But Testing and Production Of a GT-HO Has been confirmed.
Did it ever occur to you that your dealer is reading way too much into Ford's plans?
Perhaps Taurus gets tried here again, I dunno about that, it pretty big and heavy - about 150 kgs on Falcon.

Ford knows that giving up the Falcon RWD is suicide and that Taurus would sell as well as Mondeo - 400/month.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #8
prydey
Rob

welcome to the forum mr 99AUXR. its obvious you are new to these boards. the topics you have raised have all been discussed in depth a number of times.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
welcome to the forum mr 99AUXR. its obvious you are new to these boards. the topics you have raised have all been discussed in depth a number of times.
Yep. A search will turn up all the correct information. Falcon has been confirmed through to 2015, hasn't it?
Next year, 2011, will see the introduction of the 4cyl EcoBoost and the LiLPG engines in to the Falcon range.
Me thinks your dealer doesn't have all the right information.
Old 15-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
. But Testing and Production Of a GT-HO Has been confirmed.
How do you build a GT-HO if you dont build a Falcon?? That does not add up!!

Quote:
Correct That is The Long Term Goal But they are trying to go global sooner rather than later and the falcon at this stage is only set to last to the end of 2011 if I can remember.
So Ford are spend 230 million releasing new stuff in the next 6 months accorss Falcon & territ, to only stop production at the end of 2011??

On a More serious note... How is Ford mement to go forward if Dealers have NO IDEA & are tell customers such BS??

Last edited by Joe5619; 15-07-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

You sure it wasn't a Holden dealer??
Old 15-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
You sure it wasn't a Holden dealer??
LOL No it wasnt and i was just repeating what i was told but thankyou for the other information very helpful.
Old 15-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
How do you build a GT-HO if you dont build a Falcon?? That does not add up!!

So Ford are spend 230 million releasing new stuff in the next 6 months accorss Falcon & territ, to only stop production at the end of 2011??

On a More serious note... How is Ford mement to go forward if Dealers have NO IDEA & are tell customers such BS??
i think the op should send an e-mail to ford head office and name and shame the dealership

that is shocking that they would say a thing like that

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #14
XAGSV8
Member 178

Welcome to the forums 99AUXR. I'm thinking some Ford Dealers are certainly not helping Ford's case (or their own) with jibberish like this. Did they say if the GTHO is going to get a V10 or not?

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #15
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAGSV8
Welcome to the forums 99AUXR. I'm thinking some Ford Dealers are certainly not helping Ford's case (or their own) with jibberish like this. Did they say if the GTHO is going to get a V10 or not?
HO is Apperently V8 But wouldnt know after the BS ive been told.
Old 15-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #16
Windsor220
Now Fordless

People have to realise that dealers know nothing more than what we do. They get told only a month or 2 before the launch of a new model. There is no way they would know officially whats happening for the future for Ford.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Quite right. I think stealerships do the best job of all in putting people off Fords.
Old 15-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #18
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did your dealer tell you that the current Ranger replacement, often referred to as T6 has been a project run by Ford Australia. So global can work both ways. And with the greatest of respect to your dealer, unless they have a spy feeding them directly from within Ford (and it's highly unlikely), then their future product knowledge is measured in months in advance compared to the general public. And often it's forums like this that information gets out earlier.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

dear oh dear... where does one start!!!!
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #20
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Personally the US should adopt the Australian Models
Ford Would Also Do well to put some of the FPV range into the UK.
I agree, althought i'm not so sure the yanks would be as interested in the falcon as say the Poms, who would certainly lap them up. after all they loved the Monaro.
Old 15-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #21
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

If the Ford dealers aren't being told any thing by Ford, then the only info that the dealers must must be working from is the Jezz spiinks rhetoric, as this would account for what they are saying, I would not believe any of it, personally.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #22
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

The Ranger and Wildtrak to be Replaced By A New Truck Called A T6.
The T6 was developed and engineered in Australia.
T6 which I believe is its build name will be built in Thailand for the rest of the World.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #23
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure that the Falcon, in its current form, will be around until 2015-16.

I think it was on GoAuto.com.au with Ford Australia President, Marin Burela, quoted as saying such. Any one care to back me up OR conversly shoot me down in flames?

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Chilliman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #24
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
I agree, althought i'm not so sure the yanks would be as interested in the falcon as say the Poms, who would certainly lap them up. after all they loved the Monaro.
All the Americans I know that have seen our Falcons, complained bitterly that Ford US screwed them by not releasing it there.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #25
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
dear oh dear... where does one start!!!!
That was the first thing I thought as well. Le sigh.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #26
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
The T6 was developed and engineered in Australia.
T6 which I believe is its build name will be built in Thailand for the rest of the World.
not just Thailand.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #27
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Funny that a dealer knows the internal goings on at FORD HQ when FORD HQ don't even know at this point in time.

BUT of course it will happen. Australia is a market that is very spoilt with options on locally produced and designed product at the moment. We have the population of Texas here ....... the car companies would be mad to keep local production for the local market only in such a massively small market. Might have worked years ago but not now.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #28
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Just have a look at this thread

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11302094

it has the man from ford au stating that the falcon will be around after this range cycle endsin on way or form after 2016

there goes the 2012 time frame your guy stated

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #29
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
not just Thailand.
I thought that Silverton in South Africa was being expanded to build 60,000/year Rangers
and Ford moving out of Thailand AAI joint venture plant, am I right on this one?
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #30
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
People have to realise that dealers know nothing more than what we do. They get told only a month or 2 before the launch of a new model. There is no way they would know officially whats happening for the future for Ford.
Windsor 220 has a point and Ford customers know nothing more then what Ford tells them in the PR magazine they send out. So far I know my Terri is old and not suitable for the family to pose next to on the beach. Thats all Ford believes I need to know.

I did hear a rumour about ball joints failing once. Maybe they got sand in them during the photo shoot? Certainly no notification in the mail or anything and no sportsman with a Ford long term loaner has dropped by the house or my local beach with any news.

Last edited by DanielXR8; 16-07-2010 at 09:50 PM.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post