Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Default Ufc 100

Anybody know of a Pub / Bar showing this in Melbourne?

DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stupid boxing, have to wait till tomorow to see it on pay per view!
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

this would be on as we speak!

would have thought sports bar at crown would show it

GSP - one of my favoruites by the way, he should win

pps: they have resigned kimbo slice - that internet fighting tool. he should get his head taken clean off, by the UFC pros, dont care how big he is!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

GSP did win, so did Brock.

Ended up paying 60 aud for the stream to my desktop.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

wat a joke that brock lesnar is the heavyweight champ, how can someone who is 4-1 in his mma career be a title holder? such crap, nog will kill him and as soon as the ufc sign fedor lesnar will have to get a new career
did ne of u guys the see the hendo/ bisping knockout? that was soo good to that dude get his head knocked off, hopefully hendo can have the right gameplan against silva this time!
06bfxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Bisping should have lost against that deaf guy from ultimate fighter

the scorecard was rigged

they only let him win to keep the UK fans aboard and interested in their "talent"

plus there were a lot of cards held in manchester and london

fedor will take anyone in any division - full stop best fighter of all time
Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

yeh that fight was definetly rigged, fedor is easily the p4p greatest fighter. ufc needs to sign him immediatly then make him fight lesnar, couture and the cro cop 2. they'd make millions
Old 12-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dana white has tried many times to sign fedor but the UFC eants him to remain exclsuive to UFC

fedors management team will never agree to this as he is heavily involved with his samba as well

crocop was also brilliant but seems to have lost his drive/focus

was there in manchestor close to the front now when he got KO'd by Gonzaga. I think i have some sweat of his head on my shirt after that KO
Old 12-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #9
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Theres talks that Mirko ( cro cop ) will sign with UFC an offer he cant refuse.
Old 13-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will be watching it tonight cant wait,

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

yeah rumour has it at the moment cro cop will be fighting junior dos santos ( a beast) at ufc 104.
i just cant wait to see shogun destroy machida
Old 13-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8 007
will be watching it tonight cant wait,
on what channel?
Old 13-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

my bro bought the ppv today, watchin it now haha
Old 13-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Watched it at 6:30 this morning, not a bad card at all. GSP - how special is he? He's the guy that seems to always rub me the wrong way, but damn the man is mega talented. How can Brock be world champ? Easy, beat up the bloke who had the belt....lol. Anderson Silva got the belt after only 5 or 6 fights....
Brock Lesner and future fights? Dunno.... He knows his strengths, hold em down, tire em out & turn their heads to pulp. Works & the proves in the pudding, if no-one can stop that he'll continue to win. What Brock has that other "monsters" of MMA don't is amazing speed (especially in the first round) for a bloke that big. He'll throw/push/smack you on ya bum & be pushing 300 odd pounds down on you before you can get up.

Would be very very interesting to see Fedor up against him. Fedor has fought some ludacris sized blokes & smacked em, but none as quick as Brock across the ring or on the mat. Hope they can get this fight booked, would be a very interesting fight

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

the thing that aggravates me is that brock got the title shot after goin 1-1 in the ufc, that is the joke 2 me, obviously brock has wicked wrestling and some insane strength (roids) and lots of potential.
the whole lesnar situation has kind of made the ufc out to be less of legitamate sport and really showed there just after the coin.
i still think that couture and lesnar fight might have gone a little different if lesnar hadnt grabbed the cage wen couture tried to take him down.
gsp is one hell of an athlete, cud u imagine if fedor, anderson silva and gsp were all in the same weight classes and all had the same skills!
anderson silva only fought once in the ufc before he got a title shot but he had fought legitimate competion in japan, uk, brasil.
man brock lesnar annoys me haha
Old 13-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

brock lesnar in my opinion is no champion like randy the natural coutere or andre teh pit bull orlovski

dana white is turning teh sport into a circus

GSP - awesome

if you want really special - BJ Penn, that guy has doen some amazing things in the sport
Old 13-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #17
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06bfxr8
the thing that aggravates me is that brock got the title shot after goin 1-1 in the ufc, that is the joke 2 me, obviously brock has wicked wrestling and some insane strength (roids) and lots of potential.
the whole lesnar situation has kind of made the ufc out to be less of legitamate sport and really showed there just after the coin.
didnt see this post as i was typing my response above

totally agree
Old 13-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #18
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
if you want really special - BJ Penn, that guy has doen some amazing things in the sport
bj penn got his bjj blackbelt in 4 yrs under ralph gracie, he was dominating bjj competions in the black belt divisions aswell. he is the man, pity he talks alot of crap. awesome boxing too
Old 13-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #19
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Agree with 1-1 (Brock), bit of a joke in reality, though he did it & won, so I'll give him the kudos for that. Randy was past it though I reckon, was sad to see him go like that. Doesn't matter who wins out of him or Noguera, can't see either coming back for a shot at the title

BJ Penn - I'm a massive fan of The Prodigy. What a fighter, should never of got into the ring with GSP...way too small for that match up

GSP - Gotta put him above BJ Penn atm. Only because his had his losses & come back a winner (several wins actually) & is now on another level then everyone else in the 185 weight class around the world. Can't wait to see BJ do it as well

Randy The Natural Coutre - If he's not the in top 5 "Best Ever MMA Fighters", I don't know who should be

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 14-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #20
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

God damn the knockout on bisping was great, it was so brutal ya almost want to look away. I was also getting sick of his talking, glad one of the greats put him back in his place!

Normally im rooting against GSP but this time i wanted him to win, thiago i think was way too overconfident about knocking GSP out, GSP said it perfectly, skill and technique beats strength and power, or something like that.. I'd like to see alves come back and try again once he shows a bit more respect to GSP's skill, props for going 5 rounds with GSP and how he constantly stood back up after being taken down, hes a strong kid, i dont know who else has it in them to take the belt from GSP.

Brock lesnar... I'm a fan, i think hes one of the most exciting fighters in the ufc right now, My dream would be to see Rampage Jackson go up to heavy weight and challenge brock for belt, as brock gets more skilled when it comes to his ground game, i think the only way to take brock out is put him up with someone who has some serious 1 punch KO power. I didnt mind how he went off at the audience for booing him, i thought he could of shown a little more respect to Frank Mir though. I cant wait to see Mir again cos im also a big fan, the guy does have a lot of class.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #21
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

mir is an awesome fighter, he has awesome bjj its just unfortunate his head is clouded with thinkin he is an elite striker, he only tko'd nog coz he had had a staph infection and was really sick. mir is prolly one of my favourite heavyweight fighters in the ufc, along with cain valesquez. shane carwin seems like a pretty cool dude, he was crackin the shits at brock lesnar on twitter apparently
Old 14-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #22
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Shane Corwin has definate 1 punch power, will we see him against Brock in the future? Andrei Arlovski also can land a big smacking, I reckon that's how you'll beat Brock. He's way too big to bully around on the ground.

Bisping got KTFO, fullstop. I'm a fan of Bisping, good fighter but he wasn't ready to step up to the next level of the guys hovering around the belt. Mad punch by Hendo, he had everything he had in that shot, as we all saw by the result....

Give Thiago 3 or 4 fights & he'll be back, hopefully a lot wiser.

So, the next big question is..... Will Forrest put a stop to Anderson Silva?

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 15-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
So, the next big question is..... Will Forrest put a stop to Anderson Silva?
i think this could be the first death in the ufc, haha jus joking. wen forrest beat shogun i walked out my house and sed i'd never watch another fight with forrest in it. then i heard he was fighting rampage an i was like sweet as he is gonna get ktfo. forrest always seems to beat my favourite fighters. i think silva will win by tko still but i still hate to see my fave fighters fight him coz there is always that chance he will ruin my ufc haha. like hows a dude that gets destroyed by jardine beat the p4p best fighter in 05 and rampage. AHHHH
i wanna see forrest win only so he can fight shogun for the title (wen he beats machida) so a healthy shogun can whoop his ***, bring some of the pride wrecking back.
silva by tko in rnd2
Old 16-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Lol, good call on Forrest.... You never know with him. The 205 class is packed with talent atm, gunna be some amazing fights coming up. Fights I wanna see (my picks in brackets)?

1. Machida v Shogun (Machida)
2. Rampage v Rashad (Rampage)
3. Silva v Forrest (Silva)

I reckon we're about to see Rampage run at the title again.... I've become a bit of a fan of him since he moved to England. Can't wait

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 16-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #25
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Lol, good call on Forrest.... You never know with him. The 205 class is packed with talent atm, gunna be some amazing fights coming up. Fights I wanna see (my picks in brackets)?

1. Machida v Shogun (Machida)
2. Rampage v Rashad (Rampage)
3. Silva v Forrest (Silva)

I reckon we're about to see Rampage run at the title again.... I've become a bit of a fan of him since he moved to England. Can't wait

have u ever seeen the shogun and rampage fight in pride, its absolutly awesome my favourite fight in mma. i just want them to do another rematch coz the first one was awesome!
Old 16-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #26
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rashad evans - one of the worst case of gynaecomastia (man boobs) i have ever seen on an MMA athlete

Clearly abusing the roids...more so than the average bear

Last edited by gcg2503; 16-07-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: oops - hit the arning filter
Old 16-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #27
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
rashad evans - one of the worst case of gynaecomastia (man boobs) i have ever seen on an MMA athlete

Clearly abusing the roids...more so than the average bear
but his ko of chuck was epic. the guy has killer wrestling but he didnt look that great against forrest and got schooled by a karate dude. wat has mma become wen a karate dude has the lhw belt haha.
rashad vs rampage shud be pretty good. rampage by epic knockout just like this!!!

Old 16-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #28
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Love the pic mate, schweeeeeeeeeeeet!
Machida's "anybody in the way gets knocked over" KTFO of Rashad was awesome.
Not a fan of Rashad at all....right from the second I saw him on UF

How'd Machida get the belt? MMA has been concentrating on stopping the rash of mad kickboxing/muay thai fighters that littered all of the weight classes a couple of years ago and probably forgot the other styles. Another example is Cung Le in Strikeforce. Now Cung Le is a mad mad mad kicker, but can be one dimensional. Should he hold the belt?

That's what I love about MMA, it's forever evolving and changing

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 17-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #29
rodderz

here is the lesnar vs mir fight

http://www.inquisitr.com/28953/ufc-1...lts-and-video/
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #30
06bfxr8
06bfxr8

it is quite amazing seeing how the sport has evolved since ufc 1. i've been a masive fan since i saw my first ufc event it was on a video tape at my cousins place, then i got the ufc game on ps2, used to love being vitor belfort he is the man. first ufc i saw live was wen randy came out and schooled tim sylvia and i've seen almost every one live since.
i've never understood how ppl could be fanatics about soccer or afl, but wenever wanderlei, shogun or randy walks in that cage i get that crazy feeling and i cant sit still.
i reckon mma is only gonna get more technical from now on, the days of the likes of dudes from chute boxe dominating is over i reckon