Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Default Focus turbo kits

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com/HPIAB2/category50_1.htm

I think a while back somebody wanted a turbo kit for their focus? Anyways just saw this as I was looking around thought it might interest you guys :P

320HP + Light car =

(Wonder if that 320HP is the power rating for the turbo, or how much power it makes)
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would think that 320hp is the powerrating of the turbo as the uses sets the amount of boost they run.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #3
Mio

Default focus turbocharger

Do u guys know any good turbo kits for focus I have found some but dont know how good are they, I have to do it very soon can't wait any more my wife said yes but only if I don't buy R6 :evil3:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

now this will be interesting.

www.infocusmotorsport.com.au
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:13 AM   #5
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Very interesting... try talking to Resty from these forums, he has researched the turbo kits the most of anyone I know and is looking at doing it himself too.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:19 AM   #6
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

I would hate to think of the endless possibilities with a turbo on a focus......won't go like no go-kart though...more like an F1.......lol......

Cheers....
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 12:33 AM   #7
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

There is a company here in Adelaide, around the corner from my girls house that has a Turbo Focus as a company car and damn does that thing fly, he kept playing with me one day it was good

Chris
Old 12-04-2005, 01:58 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

ASE Engineering or something right? Black one?: It's in the latest Motot Hot Tuner Magazine and will pull a 6.95second 0-100 with a mere 155kw, small turbo with no lag. Sounds perfect to me.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #9
ProjectXR

funny thing about that ase kit is that its only boosting 4 psi
ProjectXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #10
brother

I saw the article too in Motor Hot Tuner. Mmm nice. Now that was a zetec with the right amount of guts!
brother is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #11
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yep thats the car ASE Motorsport

For such a small turbo that thing hauls **** big time

Chris
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #12
brother

had a skyline GT-R intercooler too. Looked good from the front without being too overdone.
brother is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #13
ProjectXR

just a pitty they can't do a 4WD conversion as well, that would be awesome, rally car for the road.............. mmmmmmmmm i'll take 2
ProjectXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:26 PM   #14
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

it was very nice, the intercooler really stands out and makes it look tough IMO as well as the whoosh of BOV power

Chris
Old 12-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Wel it's probably due to to both the quality of the installation, but also at the base strength of the car'sd engine, the Zetec is a bloody strong block WELL suited to modding and mounted to the right chassis it's sweet. All he needs realistically is a set of 17's, a Quaife up front and some interior re-trim of leather, it'd be a honey of a thing and perfectly subtle... Would look awesome in shadow chrome rims. A Real HSV hunter!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #16
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

no way, its good how it is, nice stock and very sleeper.. much better then advertising what it is !

stick a turbo/supercharger on a duratec ST and thats an even stronger block/internals

Chris
Old 13-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #17
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

rekon you could turbo the focus 1.8 L engine or Fiesta 1.6 engine without decompressing?? just run a small amount of boost ie. 3-4 psi?
+ is it possible to highflow standard injectors?
Old 13-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #18
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
rekon you could turbo the focus 1.8 L engine or Fiesta 1.6 engine without decompressing?? just run a small amount of boost ie. 3-4 psi?
+ is it possible to highflow standard injectors?
Easily. The engines are so strong, it wouldn't even blink at that sort of an increase. The returnless fuel line means you also have to modify the fuel bar pressure monitor, not sure if you'd need an extra fuel pump for such a small increase though.

As for the injectors, not sure if you can, I'd have to get out my resource books on the engines and read up some more, I was going to just replace mine, before I bailed on the supercharger and bought the RS2000.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #19
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

i was considering supercharging, but the supercharger takes a certain amount of power away from the engine to be able to run right?? so therefore id need around 6 psi to get any sort of gain what so ever.
if i could possibly turbocharge without decompressing id be happy to run 4 psi and it would give nice gains. need a small turbo that would be constantly on boost ;)
Old 13-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #20
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, superchargers take away some power, the amount taken away dpends on how much boost it's creating and how big the charger is.

The advantages of superchargers in that they rely on engine revs only and not throttle so they are more responsive. If you want to run without decompressing the engine make sure to get an intercooler and run 98ron fuel and it should be right.

I still plan to run a vortek super.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 08:03 PM   #21
Suth
Suth

Back in My days as a lad working for Hungry Jacks, I remember when my boss got his excel super charged. Big HPV stickers on the side. Thought it was the ducks nuts about 11 years ago. Anyways, Pieoter, the lads at CAPA down the road have several kits for the focus. They also have in their posession a supercharged Territory that I heared/saw when out for a run last week. That SC seriously squeals tho. Probly the same SC kit that they have for the BA falcon, but handy on an AWD.
Suth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #22
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

how much?
Old 14-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #23
Suth
Suth

http://www.capa.com.au/prices_kits.htm

Mr Rullo should be able to help you out with something.
Old 14-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #24
Resty
Amon of Focus

Back to Mio's question,

How much do u want to spend? I can direct you from there. Tom of www.focus-power.com makes the el premiere of turbo kits with everything u need to see about 200/200 with 98. It a costly 6.5k with the exchange rates the way they are. I think the chip that comes with has 4 different user settings so it seems to be pretty much bolt on and away u go. I would still get someone proper to tune it though. If you had the cash u could custom all the way like www.fastraxturbo.com have done. Both tom and these other guys from wherever have the fastest streetable focus's out there. Tom ran 11.88 and fasttrax ran 11.3. The fasttrax focus has had the help of HKS so I'm guessing that would be way too pricey if they even had a it for sale.

With proven 13's from Tom (his full zx3 kit), I would lean that way. As for the chargers, they make nowhere near the amount of tq for the price.

blah,
riz
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 09:33 PM   #25
Resty
Amon of Focus

Love the amount of info they have on that kit. :( Plus I would love to see the dyno's make 320 at wheels or anywhere else for that matter from that kit off a gt25. So 6.5 for the kit and about 5000 extra u need to spend on internals to get it there.

blah,
riz
Resty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 01:25 PM   #26
Kymera

there's a turbo focus here in adelaide? cool....i am yet to see that one. have to keep my eyes open. from memory im pretty sure resty was looking at one of the american turbo kits which you can check out here www.focus-power.com
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #27
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Yeah Kymera, its down near castle plaza area

Chris
Old 15-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #28
Suth
Suth

A turbo focus in edwardstown? I thought the only things that were turboed in edwardstown were cordias and VLs, and stolen WRXs.
Old 18-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #29
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Default Cosworth Supercharger

I see Cosworth have now developed an aftermarket supercharger kit for the 2.0 Zetec Focus(Manual). They launched it late last year. It was developed specifically for the Focus, not just some aftermarket bolt on. (although only takes about 5 hours to install)

http://www.powerworks.net/

Not cheap. US$4750

I emailed them. The only issue (apart from cost and frieght and duty and GST!!!!!!) is that you'd have to have it calibrated locally as their calibration specs are for the US.( In the us they recalibrate for you as part of the package.)

But you'd have to say that Cosworth has got one of the great brand names when it comes to Go Fast Fords (Sierra Cosworth. F1 engines etc etc). I am sorely tempted, but would end up around the $10K mark I reckon, and I can think of lots of other things to do with the money.

220 bhp. Someone clever on this site can convert it to kW. (160+/- ???)
melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #30
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mate welcome back?!! I've been calling you before every cruise, with no answer! Understand you must be a busy fellow. Good to see you back!

220hp is 164hp - mmmmmmmmm