Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Power windows into a CL?

One of the few gripes i have about the CL model is the non-power windows and mirrors. Is it possible to retrofit these features to a CL?
Old 16-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

You would need to buy new door trims, and a power windows kit. Could prove expensive, but if you could find the parts at the right price, there is no reason why it couldn't be done, like in any car.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could try to find the parts off smashed cars. New things from ford will be very expensive.

As these cars are mass prodcued you will most proably find that the wires to power the windows are there and you just need to fit everything without major electrical work.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Had a quick look at some of the diagrams Russ has scanned and posted up, and provided the parts are available from Ford (dont see why they wouldnt be) it should be a simple matter of adding the required bits (motors, wiring etc), and putting the new trims on.

But of course, nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

Will look into this and see how i go.
Old 19-03-2005, 09:22 AM   #5
WASACL
Phat-Euro

i have looked at doing this....Rough estimate of aftermarket prices are:
2 windows = $600-$700
4 windows = $1100 - $1250

These are the quotes i have got!

Russ
Old 19-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #6
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sentury do an aftermarket power window kits for most cars , there work is usually top notch however you have to pay for it....

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASACL
i have looked at doing this....Rough estimate of aftermarket prices are:
2 windows = $600-$700
4 windows = $1100 - $1250

These are the quotes i have got!

Russ
What kinda places should i be looking at that can do this kinda work??
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yikes, $700 for aftermarket? I'll be using the genuine stuff if possible. From what ive read and looked at it, i think it is, the only issue i can see arising is whatever the Focus equivalent of a BEM is not being able to accept the new windows. However, powering them from something else should handle that.