Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Were WS Zetecs 'fully specced' from launch?

Hi all, I'm in the process of hunting down a WS Zetec for myself (preferably a 3-door) and I was wondering if there are any differences in standard equipment for either shape (3 or 5 door) or if standard equipment changed for the Zetec as time went on.

I ask because I had a look at an '09 3-door that had aftermarket Bluetooth fitted- does this mean that none of the '09 models had it at all, or was it an optional extra that some '09 examples may have fitted? (which became standard at some point?)

My budget will probably restrict me to an '09 Zetec, I didn't get a chance to play with the aftermarket Bluetooth but does anyone know how well these units integrate with the car?

LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Were WS Zetecs 'fully specced' from launch?

A bit of self promotion, but I'm selling my 09 Fiesta Zetec in a month to make way for a Focus Titanium. It's chockers with kit, pretty much every option hehe! But I'm in QLD...

Anyway, yes Bluetooth was standard on all LX and Zetec models from introduction. Mine is rather buggy though, so more than likely that's why it had an aftermarket setup :-)
Old 30-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Yea the bluetooth isn't amazing but once you go through the painful stage of getting your phone to work with it you will be sweet. Some phones are easy to configure. As for options the poster above is correct everything is the same.

Make sure you get a manual!

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Thanks guys, the Mrs has a '10 Zetec and the Bluetooth is great (we have iPhones)

Hers is an auto and while I don't mind the 4 speed/1.4 liter combo (it's a touch underpowered) mine will definitely be the 5 speed/1.6 combo. The manny trans shift is very nice, and the 1.6 is nice and perky.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
shevek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
A bit of self promotion, but I'm selling my 09 Fiesta Zetec in a month to make way for a Focus Titanium. It's chockers with kit, pretty much every option hehe! But I'm in QLD...

Anyway, yes Bluetooth was standard on all LX and Zetec models from introduction. Mine is rather buggy though, so more than likely that's why it had an aftermarket setup :-)
Hey Danny. Whatever happened to the guy who wrote "Exact reason why this is looking like my last Ford. Pathetic."
shevek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

He cannot resist...Or he found a decent dealer.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevek
Hey Danny. Whatever happened to the guy who wrote "Exact reason why this is looking like my last Ford. Pathetic."
Last time I looked I was still the same guy, so I'm entitled to change my opinion. Truth is the Focus is a fantastic vehicle, so is the Fiesta, just so happens the majority of dealers I have experienced are awful. It' not the cars fault, and I'm hoping that Ford Dealers are changing for the better.

What can I say, I love Ford Vehicles, so yup, I can't resist them! Hehe