Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-02-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

Default Locked out of the house stories...

This morning I foolishly locked myself out of the house.

I was wearing my PJ's, complete with glamourous bed hair and had just dropped Andy off at the train station.
I was without my mobile phone and wallet.. Both were happily inside the house.
I decided my best option was to go to the neighbours and knock on their door to use their phone. Before approaching them with the scary bed hair, I wet my hair using the garden hose and tried to control the curls! I did not take into account that I would get soaked and look like a contestant in a wet t-shirt competition however! :
I woke them up, but thankfully, they looked worse than I did.

I tried calling Andy (who has keys) only to find his mobile phone turned off!!! I then called my dad, who lives nearby, and he was able to bring over some tools, we assesed the situation and thought we would try to take the door off its hinges, and if that failed - smash the glass on a window.
We managed to get into the house by taking the door off it's hinges.

Thank goodness.

Anyway, the point to the thread... I am sure I am not the only person to have done this, and would love to hear about how other people got locked out of their houses, and how they got back in!
I am sure there are some great stories out there!
blue fairy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Twisted
Contributing Member

My nan always locks herself out of her new house. She has one of those doors with the push in lock on the back of the handle and always insist on locking it when ever she touches it, even if she goes out to the letterbox. Just cant seem to realise that if it blows shut she will be locked out and even thought the back door is open she isnt exactly agile enough to get over a fence lol.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Yeah count me in

I used to live in flat on the top floor, about 4 floors high, as it was so high I used to leave the back door always open and screen door unlocked, well a few times i managed to walk out the front door and it would self close behind me, then reliease the keys were inside, so I would knock on the neighbours door and climb around the balconies to my back door.

Living at home did it a few times too, but would climb in through the bathroom window with a bit of effort.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue fairy
I tried calling Andy (who has keys) only to find his mobile phone turned off!!!
:nutsycuck

...and I did have my work mobile with me..

Anyway, I've got a bit of a story myself.

I tried to get in the house one night (while Kye was asleep) and quickly discovered that the front door had the little chain on it. So I banged and rang the bell and called her phone 50billion times...and got no answer.

So I went to the back of the house only to discover that I had no keys for the rear door. Hmmm. After more calling, door belling and knocking, I went downstairs and got the trusty philips head. I opened the front door, unscrewed the chain from the door frame and whala!

Of course, then I had to screw it back in and put the screwdriver away..

And what happend to Kye during all of this? Well... I woke her up in all of the commotion.. but remembering I was late and finding the whole thing waaaay too funny, she lay in bed and listend to me as I spent 20mins trying to get in.

So yeah... Karma is a bitch huh Kye? :P

Last edited by BlueRaven; 09-02-2005 at 10:46 AM.
BlueRaven is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #5
blue fairy
I've become, impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
:
...and I did have my work mobile with me..

And what happend to Kye during all of this? Well... I woke her up in all of the commotion.. but remembering I was late and finding the whole thing waaaay too funny, she lay in bed and listend to me as I spent 20mins trying to get in.

So yeah.
I only know your personal mobile number off the top off my head. I don't know your work mobile number off by heart, so that doesn't count! :P

That night you got locked out was funny as! Well, at least it was to me.. You weren't quite so amused though... And it took you 22mins exactly. Nice effort!
: I love you though! Forgive me for that yet?
blue fairy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #6
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
I only know your personal mobile number off the top off my head. I don't know your work mobile number off by heart, so that doesn't count! :P

That night you got locked out was funny as! Well, at least it was to me.. You weren't quite so amused though... And it took you 22mins exactly. Nice effort!
: I love you though! Forgive me for that yet?
Well I just think this whole thing is pretty brillant really... My lack of forgiving you for not answering the door is made up for that fact that you got locked out yourself and had to go to the neighbours

Im so glad it finally happened to you!!

Oh...and of course I love you. But this is gold :P
Old 09-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Mmmm, this all brings back bad memories.
I was seriously locked out one time when we lived in Qld. After exhausting all other avenues I was stuck with only one solution before smashing a window.
The toilet window was open.
Great....only it was appox 30cm wide and maybe 45cm high...and it was almost at the roof line.

Got to it no porblems, removed the screen and started to climb through....head first. As I'm wedgine myself through a gap simply not designed to fit a large adult male I quickly discover my next challenge, the decent.
Just to add to that....the toilet lid was up...this was looking bad.

So here I am..balancing my whole body on a tiny windowsill, the full length of my legs outside. Then it all went real quick.
Reached down to close the toilet seat....balance is lost...seat slams shut as I head down....use toilet seat to stop as legs come though and start to head down...twist and perfect 10.0 landing on the floor...stand and bow!

Only minor scratches on the waist from the window but it all could have gone all horribly pear shaped if the lid didnt go down on the first attempt.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #8
BJ
Banned

When our daughter was about two or three my wife was out side hanging the clothes out and my daughter thouhgt she would shut the door. Well she did and she also locked it as well, and as she was only little she could not reach the door handel to open it, she was asked to go and get a stool which she did but after five to ten minutes she and her mother where quite upset. So my wife runs across the road to our freinds and there son inlaw was there so he got a ladder and came in throught the roof, and it all truned out for the best in the end. After that we all ways made sure teht the door was jamed open.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:11 AM   #9
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

damn this wouldve been alot better if we had some clips or pics aye lol

but yeah ive had that prob...lucky for us though thekitchen window is easy to get off hehehehe

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #10
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

When I was living with my parents in Deer Park (yes back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth :P), my mum would always lock me out.
However my bedroom window was always open but it was upstairs.
I stood back and thought about it for a while and decided that if I climbed the fence I could get onto the carport and scale that and reach my bedroom window.
So off I went, got to my room, managed to get my hand through the window and knock the screen off and then unwind the window and squeeze through it.
Mum came home about 5 minutes later, unfortunately the Police turned up ten minutes later. There was report of someone breaking into the house. I had some explaining to do.

Lesson learned, never do this when you live on a highway. :
Old 09-02-2005, 12:07 PM   #11
Kryton

i locked myself out only the other week on the way to work. it was 5.30am, i had the back door locked and the van was warming up while i threw some water over the windows so i could see where i was going. no probs there. went to get back into the Van, pulled the door handle up and it come clean off in my hand. (damn XFs)
so there i was standing outside, the van running and no way to get into it, and im locked out of my own house. Great!
fortunatley it was one of those rare days that i started work before my GF did so a few bangs on the door and i was back inside.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #12
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
BWAHAHAHA, I remember you telling me about that...ahahah..

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #13
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now I live on my own I make sure I take my keys with me when I go outside - even to get the paper from the lawn. Fortunately on this one occasion I did have my keys on me and the back door blew shut. I'm thinking OK, I'll unlock it. Tried that and I couldn't get the Lockwood deadlock to turn enough to open the door as the owners did a dodgy job when they repainted the doors and the lock sticks. The back yard is enclosed - the one wall I can climb has shade cloth attached to it, so I'd have to rip it to get through. The garage has a bolt on either side and fortunately it was bolted from the outside this time. Then went through the garage back around the front to the front door and got in there.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #14
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

When i was an electrician,the best way to get into a house when there was no key available or been locked out was to get onto the roof ,lift a few tiles near the laundry jump in and lift up the man hole cover then jump down into the house and bingo your in,but just remember to replace the tiles again.I had to do it last week again when the neighbours teenage daughter locked herself out.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter

Last edited by GTP 320; 09-02-2005 at 04:26 PM.
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #15
paul7v7
bring it on

done it twice. once when i went for a driving lesson. forgot to take my keys. had to wait outside for a couple of hours till the folks came home. Second time went out the backyard, the ex followed but she shut the door, had no keys on me. Tried to get through the toilet window but to no avail. Had to go to the neighbours to ring relatives to open the door.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #16
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

dad is a locksmith... we get some ****en lovely lockouts...

one was husband wife and kid locked out on balcony.. husband had to jump down and call us...

not a very nice situation.. had to feel sorry for em :(

some beautys with pplz in pjz.. lol

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #17
rodderz

I did it last week, on the day that it bucketed down in melbourne...and in true Murphie's Law, remembered that I didnt have keys the millisecond that the click was heard of the deadlatch.....%$#@!!

Luckily the missus was able to come home from work (6.30am) but a few years back at the parenst joint I had to resort to the roof trick, remove the tiles and squeeze through the battens in the roof....not good but funny afterwards
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 08:09 PM   #18
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Haven't locked myself out for ages, just went and talked to the neighbours for a while until mum got home.

I used to be able to get in through my window if I unscrewed the hinges and punched the fly screen in, long since grown up and can't do it. Knowing me I'd try to pick the locks to get back in. Laundry door is a 4 pin lock on the security door and the wooden door you can kick in. Easy!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #19
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

The last time I was locked out was after coming home from a weekend away with friends.
We left on the Friday afternoon, and as I was leaving I noticed my keys sitting on the bench, but knowing that my car keys were on it, and that someone else might need to move the car while I was away, I left them.
I do remember thinking that it would be just my luck that there wouldn't be anyone home when I returned, but I thought no more of it.
Of course, Sunday evening when my friends dropped me off I began to look in my bags for the keys, and remembered that they were in the house, but as all the lights in the house were on I rang the bell and waited.
And didn't I wait...
There wasn't anyone home, and after several phone calls, I found out there wasn't likely to be for another 5 hours.
I had to set up camp out on the patio and wait, when all I wanted to do was have a shower and go to sleep.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 09-02-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 12:59 AM   #20
xrgran

I'm getting very good at scaling up the ladder and jimmingin a back window open. Damn, I need a spare key somewhere :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post