Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 19-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Thumbs up Club donates to Bushfire Appeal - Love The Beast night March 21st, Coburg Drive-In

Hey Guys,

As I have described in the other thread for Sandown in Events, the club did a BBQ at the recent Sprint Day and also a BBQ at All Ford Day.

Together with the proceeds from these as well as GBG, Keith (VP), Eddie and myself the club has donated $1000.00 to the Appeal. As a bit of an added bonus GBG's work was matching dollar for dollar and therefore an effective $2000.00 has been raised. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this great cause.

We are also involved/helping out the Monaro Club with efforts to raise further funds for the appeal as below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro Club of Vic
LOVE THE BEAST
DRIVE IN BUSHFIRE APPEAL FUNDRAISER
Saturday 21st March, 2009 at Coburg Drive In

Our club has organized a special viewing of Eric Bana’s new movie, both because we are excited about seeing this movie, and I believe there is a message for our other halves in this flick, that may help them understand our passion for our cars. However now, more importantly we wish to raise further funds for our brothers and sisters whose lives have been turned upside down by the recent tragic fires in Victoria.

We would be delighted if your club would like to join us on the night, which will be a great get together of all car loving people and an opportunity to meet and see each other’s pride and joy. All makes and models are very very welcome.

This is intended as a relaxed and fun outing, with cars to arrive at 6.00pm for an informal car show. The Drive In management will make a few awards (drive in passes) for cars of their choice. We may have some other awards, but this is yet to be confirmed. We do ask that each club attending provides one prize for the monster raffle to be drawn on the night.

Coburg Drive In’s cost per car will be $25.00 (no restriction on occupant No’s and you may stay for free to see the second movie, this would normally be another charget), plus we have a cost of $10 per car (collected separately), this will be a donation for the fire appeal and will get you one raffle ticket per car, with additional tickets available for sale and further donations may also be made on the night.

Both the Monaro Club and the FPV/XR club will have their BBQ trailers there with sausages available for a small cost. Naturally the Drive In Kiosk will be open also.

We require that all clubs wishing to attend, confirm their attendance and expected No’s by the 4th of March, 2009, so we may complete arrangements with Theatre management. We have been allocated Screen No.1 (the biggest of the 3) which will hold 500 cars.

This will be a fun night for everyone and all proceeds will be donated to the fire appeal on behalf of all clubs attending.
Anyone wishing to obtain more information please do not hesitate to contact GBG or myself

MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

In addition to this, there will be a silent auction for a signed full sized "Love The Beast" poster..........

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Marduk
BFII XR6

I'm in. So where do I sign up? :P
Old 20-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

I'll have something on the club website over the weekend - we'll have a meeting place if everyone wants to go together- for some they may wish to go straight there- we will have an area for the club so you can get there at your time.......
Feel free to bring as many as you can.......... the more the cars the merrier!

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 19-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Marduk
BFII XR6

Any word on a meet up place before we head there for Saturday?
Old 21-03-2009, 01:47 AM   #6
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Nice sticker there Marduk.............................

Sorry for the tardiness- have been insterstate with work.

Meet at the Coburg Olympic Pool Carpark just before 6pm. it's on Murray Rd, right near Newlands rd (next to the table tennis centre).

You would have all seen the event listed in the Cars Guide today. We did a rough count of numbers, and so far have well over 300 cars coming!! How freakin cool is that! There have also been a ton of general public ring up about it.

We are cranking up the bbq, so any tongmasters are welcome - between the monaro club and us we will have 5 bbqs cranking out hundreds of snags. CobraMatt seriously rocks, as he has sweet talked his way for us getting the bread and sauces donated!!!!

We are also selling raffle tix on the night, so again anyone willing to help out with ANYTHING is really appreciated. We just want to et as much money as possible for this. but with over 300 cars, we have thousands already................. :
33 degrees tomorrow means an awesome night- a few are bring the deckchairs and sitting outside their cars for it - we will have the ute so may set up camp in the back of it........

Old 21-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Marduk
BFII XR6

Thanks Nah don't worry I could have always called you or Sean if it was that important. :P

Will be there and hopefully I can pick up a shirt this time. I left too early last time I think.
If help is still needed on the BBQ or anything for that matter I can lend a hand.
Old 22-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #8
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Still here watching the second movie only about 40 cars here but still sitting on the deck chairs..... Will give more of update in morning...anyway must watch the end of the movie
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

What a great night! The theatre was only a handful of spots off being full, and some gorgeous cars out there.
There were 23 raffle prizes, with the pick of the bunch being a Love The Beast skateboard (one of only 15 signed by Eric Bana) There was one that went for auction at FPV day [i]unsigned[/] for $750 and on fleabay there are cracking over a grand. So there was one very happy camper indeed who one that one (from the Brock Owners Club I think).
we ran out of snags - so thanks to everyone who came and ate!

To Grasshoppr,CobraMatt,Keith who were the tongmasters- Thanks a bunch! I helped sell raffle tickets, so thanks to those bucket wavers as well.

Max from the Monaro club is counting coins today, so fingers crossed by later on today I will have an amount we raised.
Here's a few pics

Raffle prize time.

Queue for the snags

Old 22-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
BELTA
belta kix lsss!

Thumbs up

Was a great night 500 spaces at that cinema and just about every one was full, fantastic raffle prizes great atmosphere and congrats to the old man and Sean, Nissan club, GT club etc for the night was a real winner plus not to mention the perfect weather.