Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
Ruppy
Starter Motor

Default Gauge Cluster?

Anyone had any drama's with there gauges?

Jumped in the car last night and the speedo caught my eye.

Before I had put the keys in the ignition I was doing 45k's at 3500rpm, overheating with nearly a tank and a half of fuel. All gauges still work but the figures they are showing are obviously wrong.

I disconnected the battery and reset everything on the display without any luck.

Anyone had a similar experience with there LS?

Ruppy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
Zetec_170
Zetec_170

I've had gauge problems with my LR Zetec, I had the car for aout a month when the fuel gauge stopped working which resulted in a new sender in the fuel tank. Then about 2 years later my speedo started to play up, I would be on the highway doin well over 100 and my speedo would be stuck just below 60 and when I would come to a stand still the speedo would still read 60. It took ford 3 attempts and a speeding ticket to get it fixed.
2002 3 Door Zetec Coupe, 18" BMS Multispokes, Sports Muffler, Kingsprings, Wings West Avenger 4 Piece Body kit, and an ST170 write-off which will be donating its Brakes, interior, suspension and gearbox to my Zetec.
Zetec_170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
BlackLS

I haven;t heard of anything like this happening, but try doing a guage sweep Ruppy.

Hold down the trip button before turning the key, keep it held in whilst turning the key onto "On" (you don't have to start it).

The first test(or one of the first) should be a guage sweep, where the guages go to their 100%, back down to 0%. Press the trip button to go through each function. Theres like 40 or so there that monitor sensors etc.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Ruppy
Starter Motor

Thanks for the quick responses guys....

Gauge sweep worked! Thanks BlackLS

Cheers
Ruppy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
photn
AFF Post NAZI

well when i was in at Power ford the other day i sat in the XR5T that was there...(damo can back me up)

but apparently we where doing 100km an hour!....

twas quite funny.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post