Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Default Call Centres, ohhhhh

I answer about 3 a month, and just hang up straight away as soon as i hear echo's or a delay before they answer. But this clip is funny :P

Click Me!!!

Old 15-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Hahahaha, thats hilarious. It was as if he was trying to read an english textbook.

Oo\===/oO
Old 15-07-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
I answer about 3 a month, and just hang up straight away as soon as i hear echo's or a delay before they answer.
[/URL]
i wish i was so lucky. ive them down from around 4 a day to just 1 or 2.
the 5 second pause gives them away when you answer the phone....5 seconds to hang up on them :
Old 15-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best way to make sure they dont ring again is to answer then leave phone off hook until they hang up... It's not good for their quota's if they spend too much time so they wont call you again!
Old 16-07-2006, 01:03 AM   #5
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Interestingly I pulled off an experiment a couple of weeks ago, halfway through watching Dogma a similar call from Optus came, I said the owner of the house wasn't me but hold on and I'll get them, I promptly put the phone in the draw and sat down watching the movie, 15mins later I went back to the phone picked it up and heard sounds from the other end, he didn't hang up!

So I ended the call right there.

But next time I'll think up something more interesting, like they have called me and I'm in the middle of a home invasion or dying from a heart attack, so many scenario's!!

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Old 16-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #6
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Have the audio for an adult movie handy and play that over the phone while telling them you are extremely busy at the moment. :evil_laug imagine the looks on their faces.
Old 16-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
crusher
Dirty ute club member

I work at a call center...cept its the other way round. People call me lol.

Not saying where I work just in case people on here have called me and then complain about me :P

But we get the dumbest people you can find calling up. Like really really dumb. You have to explain the same thing 5 times. And theyll ask you a question, you answer it and then for some reason they ask you again. Or they ask "Are you sure? Is that right?" or "Can you go ask someone else or get me your supervisor" They say exactly the same thing and they are all happy.

Or people dont know where they are. Or they tell you they want to go from "Betty's house to my house" and then they dont know on what street either are.

So many stories. So if youve realised what im talking about, yes we are laughing at you and taking the absolute **** out of you while your on the phone and once youve gone. And we can also see your phone numbers That might make you think twice about being rude ;)
Old 16-07-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
Best way to make sure they dont ring again is to answer then leave phone off hook until they hang up... It's not good for their quota's if they spend too much time so they wont call you again!
Thats what I do too, it works a treat. Just tell them " Hang on a minute and I'll turn the telly down so I can hear you better." Leave the phone on the tv and walk off! Come back once you hear the telstra beeps, you can't lose!
Old 17-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
XPfalcon170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
Interestingly I pulled off an experiment a couple of weeks ago, halfway through watching Dogma a similar call from Optus came, I said the owner of the house wasn't me but hold on and I'll get them, I promptly put the phone in the draw and sat down watching the movie, 15mins later I went back to the phone picked it up and heard sounds from the other end, he didn't hang up!

So I ended the call right there.

But next time I'll think up something more interesting, like they have called me and I'm in the middle of a home invasion or dying from a heart attack, so many scenario's!!

Also, if they are calling from the overseas callcenters, ask them how the weather is over there.
Old 18-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
Miss_XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidxr6
Have the audio for an adult movie handy and play that over the phone while telling them you are extremely busy at the moment. :evil_laug imagine the looks on their faces.
thats priceless!!!!! imagine them listening to that hahaha
Old 18-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55529
Closed Thread